Hey guys quick question, was the height setting removed from the loiter waypoint in devbranch? I know it's gone in main branch and I'm curious as to why as I cant get the V-44 to loiter at set heights by just changing the z setting.

• Added: A new BIS_fnc_attachToRelative function 
  • Added: A new BIS_fnc_vectorDirAndUpRelative function 
  • Added: A new BIS_fnc_weaponDirectionRelative function

I smell an attach feature for Eden ;)

I would like to smell in-engine towing as well please  ;)

• Like 1

Wait what? When did setShotParent become a thing? Also why is it restricted in MP now.

It seems like the very command a lot of people have asked for, for a very long time.

Wait what? When did setShotParent become a thing? Also why is it restricted in MP now.

It seems like the very command a lot of people have asked for, for a very long time.

im guessing it can be used by cheaters to attach code remotely to players and take credit for kills.

comment 'local exec this code';
winner = player;
publicvariable 'winner';

comment 'global exec this code';
if (isserver) exitwith {};
player addeventhandler ['fired',{(_this select 6) setshotparent winner;}];

im guessing it can be used by cheaters to attach code remotely to players and take credit for kills.

comment 'local exec this code';
winner = player;
publicvariable 'winner';

comment 'global exec this code';
if (isserver) exitwith {};
player addeventhandler ['fired',{(_this select 6) setshotparent winner;}];

If we're going to restrict code due to cheats, might as well disallow scripting in general. Not a good excuse.

• Like 3

If we're going to restrict code due to cheats, might as well disallow scripting in general. Not a good excuse.

I vote for removing multiplayer, way more effective.

• Like 2

Tweaked: The "aimTransitionSpeed" parameter can now be configured for each weapon (and multiplied by the global one)

The scope itself should also influence the aimTransitionSpeed, shouldn't it?

From today's changelog

"Fixed: It was possible to load vehicles into the vehicles of opposing factions"

Why wouldn't this be allowed? Am I missing a downside on this?

cheers

From today's changelog

"Fixed: It was possible to load vehicles into the vehicles of opposing factions"

Why wouldn't this be allowed? Am I missing a downside on this?

cheers

Well, usually warring enemies don't give each other rides...

Well, usually warring enemies don't give each other rides...

Of course, but if I have access to that vehicle (for example, I capture it), then I can load everything I want into or onto it?

Of course, but if I have access to that vehicle (for example, I capture it), then I can load everything I want into or onto it?

Yeah sure, if you capture it first. But before it was possible to load your vehicle to another vehicle currently operated by the enemy. This created a very confusing situation for the units of both factions outside the vehicle. Expecially for the AI, who surprisingly doesn't grasp the concept of undercover stowaways.

Yeah sure, if you capture it first. But before it was possible to load your vehicle to another vehicle currently operated by the enemy. This created a very confusing situation for the units of both factions outside the vehicle. Expecially for the AI, who surprisingly doesn't grasp the concept of undercover stowaways.

Ah, didn't knew about this, sorry! I was thinking this was about an empty vehicle, not about a vehicle currently operated by enemy.

I too was thinking empty vehicle (ie OPFOR vehicle being driven by BLUFOR into BLUFOR transport) Will check it out later - cheers

The LSM1 class landing ship is probably the most diverse and durable asault landing ships built.

Wiki specs:

Type: Amphibious warfare ship Displacement:
  • 520 long tons (528 t) light
  • 743 long tons (755 t) landing
  • 1,095 long tons (1,113 t) full load
Length: 203 ft 6 in (62.03 m) o/a Beam: 34 ft 6 in (10.52 m) Draft:
  • 3 ft 6 in (1.07 m) forward
  • 7 ft 8 in (2.34 m) aft
  • Fully loaded :
    • 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) forward
    • 8 ft 3 in (2.51 m) aft
Propulsion: 2 × Fairbanks-Morse (model 38D81/8X10, reversible with hydraulic clutch) diesels. Direct drive with 1,440 bhp (1,074 kW) each @ 720 rpm, twin screws Speed: 13.2 knots (15.2 mph; 24.4 km/h) Range: 4,900 nmi (9,100 km) at 12 kn (22 km/h) Capacity: 5 medium or 3 heavy tanks, or 6 LVTs, or 9 DUKWs Troops: 2 officers, 46 enlisted Complement: 5 officers, 54 enlisted Armament: 6 × 20 mm AA gun mounts Armour: 10-lb. STS splinter shield to gun mounts, pilot house and conning station

The smallest assualt ship with a blue water classification eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever.

It has a split hinged bow, and a "beach party" ramp.

My favorite configuration was for the production of L750. ( it has a helipad ). Germany bought a bunch of them.

rvl05139.jpg

I think it will be a really kewel addition to Arma 3.

-Wil "Boogeyman" Doherty

Yeah I'm sure they'll get right on that.

It's been a real pain to join hosted MP recently, maybe since the last update. Joining fails, you try again, it fails again, the host takes the server down and puts it back up, maybe that works and you can now join, but maybe joining still fails. So then you restart the game, try joining again, that fails. So then the host restarts the game and puts the server back up. Maybe joining works now, but maybe not. It can take ten minutes to join a server.

• Like 1

To be honest I'm disappointed with the current development. After my vacation I tried Arma 3 again and I was disappontied mostly about the decreased game performance and also about the new visuals.. Some things are good like the sound and other in game features but performance and visuals keep my away from the game. This is really sad since Arma 3 is only one of the few games I used to play.

To be honest I'm disappointed with the current development. [...]

I'm not; I think my experience, both as modder and player, has improved a lot this year.

Sure, not everyone is happy with the visual update (they did do some damage to most terrains based on older configs), but besides that I don't have much to complain about.

Regarding performances - you probably know it already - but did you disabled the Water Reflections? It is the most costly feature of the visual update; I do keep it on, usually the framerate hit is acceptable on most scenarios, but it can cost up to 10fps on some machines.

I don't know if it has been fixed, but I've also noticed that leaving the launcher opened when playing will suck a lot of memory, for some reason.

• Like 4

Just the opposite for me... The Sound is the worst issue for me on both my PCs. Its just terrible! There is a constant Wind Noise all the freaking time no matter what. Even with wind set to Manual/None. And its LOUD. If you go near certain Trees, it get even LOUDER yet. Why is there a Hurricane in the Trees???

And the Sounds are completely off-balanced. ALL Sounds are set to the same channel/setting. You can't set individual sound types by default. I tried looking into modding it for an entire weekend, and holy smokes, its super complicated to try and wrap your head around the new system (tried to remove the sonic-cracks and replace with a 'wiz' sound). All sound-types should be able to be set individually by the Player. Your Footsteps, Insects, etc should NOT be on the same channel as your Weapon and Explosions!!! I wish you could turn down the Environment Sounds, but keep Weapons and Explosions turned up. The Sound Spectrum is woefully disproportionate.

The Sea Shore is way too loud. Sounds (birds, etc) are too loud when underwater. Car Engines are way too loud - its 2035 and everyone drives the same loud un-muffled diesel engine? The list goes on and on. But your Weapon is too quiet. It should be one of the loudest sounds in the game from the players perspective.

Maybe I should re-download the game and try again. But for me, the Sound is just god awful. One of the greatest games I've played, but some of the worst Sound. Fix those Hurricane-Trees! It just feels like way too much work put into the sound now, with too little payoff. There is a reason the Entertainment Industry uses the Sounds/System they use. Its extremely difficult to simulate gun-fights and battles realistically in a game/movie. "Entertainment" should be the primary focus here. NOT full realism. Immersion is the key...

Rant over. Big *hug* BIS.

Just the opposite for me... The Sound is the worst issue for me on both my PCs. Its just terrible! There is a constant Wind Noise all the freaking time no matter what. Even with wind set to Manual/None. And its LOUD. If you go near certain Trees, it get even LOUDER yet. Why is there a Hurricane in the Trees???

That's odd, I rarely even notice the wind at all. I had to turn my volume way up to even hear it at some places, but then the gunshots were almost deafening.

Is my sound system somehow off (or better), or are you running something other than the vanilla dev branch? And what certain hurricane trees do you mean?

It just feels like way too much work put into the sound now, with too little payoff. There is a reason the Entertainment Industry uses the Sounds/System they use. Its extremely difficult to simulate gun-fights and battles realistically in a game/movie. "Entertainment" should be the primary focus here. NOT full realism. Immersion is the key...

Rant over. Big *hug* BIS.

Jesus. I thought sound was one of the best improvements to arma this year. Have not noticed it thus far but will have a listen out for the hurricane trees.

stuff

Care to upload a video to show what you mean (especially the "weapons too quiet" part)?

I actually have to turn the volume down during firefights, heh.

Can't make sense out of your "on the same channel" stuff.

Sounds like there's something weird going on at your end.

What's your setup?

Are you sure you're running vanilla A3?

None of your claims seem to happen on my 5.1 or on my other systems.

Cheers

Jesus. I thought sound was one of the best improvements to arma this year. Have not noticed it thus far but will have a listen out for the hurricane trees.

Yeah, for me, the sound improvements, especially when it comes to environmental sounds, is the best part of the Apex update. Though, I am still waiting for more improvents on Altis and Stratis.

Edit:

On an other note. Is the following issue still under investigation? I know that the Eden devs looked into a while ago, but I haven't heard anything about that since then.