Another things: Since a while ago, every time I'll open the campaign menu, I am getting a popup with "Picture scenarios not found" - first I thought it was somehow related to my mods, but it happens even after I disable every single mod. Am I the only one with that or is it a common issue?

You are not alone with that, and it doesn't only happen in the Scenario or Campaign menu. For me it happens very often when I am loading missions in Eden, or switching between missions. Very annoying.

You are not alone with that, and it doesn't only happen in the Scenario or Campaign menu. For me it happens very often when I am loading missions in Eden, or switching between missions. Very annoying.

I have a similar error, but it points to one of my (older) missions missing a file that is referenced in description.ext - can't remember the exact message.

So it might be that it isn't addon-related but rather a mission (even one that hasn't been exported).

There's a weird bug in hosted MP at the moment. After a player joins, the host's name becomes greyed out, and if the host tries to select a slot, all he does is assign that slot to the other player. The client has to disconnect so the host can choose a slot, then rejoin.

It seems that when switching missions in Eden, it tries to load the loading screen picture from the previous mission and can't obviously find that. Can anyone confirm that?

Yup... oddly had same picture loading thing this morn.

Even stranger, it was from two versions of same mission and same filename in both and it still came up as picture not found

Happens for me since ever, even before Eden was a thing.

Since some time ago it is not possible anymore to have lights animated on turrets. The searchlight of the Hellcat is also affected by this issue.

BIS, even Star Citizen, a space game, has weapon collision now (gun lifted when impact is made with an object). I think all games around have that by now. In Arma you see a cool 'weapon up' animation when you reach the boundaries of FFV positions, so the technology is already in place. Why not finally add it to free movement mode? It will contribute gameplay because it will motivate players to use pistols or SMGs as opposed to MGs or other long rifles in tight quarters. Pretty please?  :rolleyes:

• Like 7

BIS, even Star Citizen, a space game, has weapon collision now (gun lifted when impact is made with an object). I think all games around has that by now. In Arma you see a cool 'weapon up' animation when you reach the boundaries of FFV positions, so the technology is already in place. Why not finally add it to free movement mode? It will contribute gameplay because it will motivate players to use pistols or SMGs as opposed to MGs or other long rifles in tight quarters. Pretty please?  :rolleyes:

The pieces should already be there. The weapon resting code must be constantly scanning the area in front of the gun for suitable "resting" spots, and the FFV already has a "weapon lift" animation, so everything is in place and just needs to be combined.

This feature would add SO MUCH to close quarter battles. It would FINALLY make an SMG or even a pistol a worth-while pick instead of just hauling a Zaphir along with has NO disadvantages in CQB in spite of being an oversized piece of hardware.

So I second this motion, pretty please with sugar on top and puppies and kittens!

EDIT: Created a feature request https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120021

• Like 6

BIS, even Star Citizen, a space game, has weapon collision now (gun lifted when impact is made with an object). I think all games around have that by now. In Arma you see a cool 'weapon up' animation when you reach the boundaries of FFV positions, so the technology is already in place. Why not finally add it to free movement mode? It will contribute gameplay because it will motivate players to use pistols or SMGs as opposed to MGs or other long rifles in tight quarters. Pretty please?  :rolleyes:

I agree-and one or two mods have implemented it, so it is definitely possible already.

• Like 1

*cough* Folding stocks on rifles *cough* shooting from the hip/ not shouldering weapon. No i dont like the idea of auto-preventing somebody to shoot just because the collision geometry is glitchy.  Unless folding stocks and un-shouldered firing are implemented it would just end up in a similar fashion as A2 close combat was - a frustrating mess. Just think of handling in ruins/windows - suddenly, arma thinks you are colliding and stops you form shooting, even though you clearly could.

I think the "weapon up" animation is a good idea, but either collision geometry would have to be improved or it should be set to be very forgiving. And of course, working folding stocks. It always annoyed me in A2 that some weapons would have a permanently folded stock, but this would make no difference for the weapon's stats or behavior.

• Like 1

On a different note: What the heck is up with that dot in the middle of the screen when pressing the journal key? Is that some sort of an ingame cheat a dev implemented because he couldn't aim without crosshair? I hope that won't make it into stable.

On a different note: What the heck is up with that dot in the middle of the screen when pressing the journal key? Is that some sort of an ingame cheat a dev implemented because he couldn't aim without crosshair? I hope that won't make it into stable.

It is in stable .....

• Like 2

It is in stable .....

=/

• Like 1

It's meant for choosing your active task. I don't think you can shoot with it.

Pretty handy feature IMO.

Houses with occlusion issues:

Land_Slum_04_F  - when looking underneath the house, past the stilts, if your eye is level with the raised floor.

Land_u_House_Small_01_V1_F (and all variants thereof)  - when looking out one of the doors.

Land_d_Stone_HouseBig_V1_F  - at both corners on the destroyed side.

If you keep the key pressed, then move the dot over a 3d task icon, you can activate the task with a mouse click. Basically, allows you to switch the task quickly without having to open the journal first.

• Like 3

If you keep the key pressed, then move the dot over a 3d task icon, you can activate the task with a mouse click. Basically, allows you to switch the task quickly without having to open the journal first.

I see, a well advertised feature...and so useful, because opening the map and clicking at the icon is too much for all those COD and BF players.....

• Like 1

Quite frankly, I like the idea. If this could be expanded, such as allowing opening doors by clicking on them, or operating controls panels like this (think Take On: Mars), or even just moving HUD elements around during gameplay, then it could come in very handy.

• Like 1

• Fixed: Mouse sensitivity would increase when colliding with objects

Wow, this was one of the most annoying gameplay bugs I've encountered in Arma. If it's really fixed, it should make clearing buildings a whole lot more enjoyable.

Thanks BI!

Added: Support for retexturing simple objects.

How it should be used ?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTextureGlobal
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getObjectTextures

Doesn't seem to be working...I can't have textures list of the object created with the command. Or then it's not completly implemented ^^.

And by the way, the hideSelection ["zasleh2", true] doesn't work on silencers.

Link to feedback : https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120052

Shouldn't the new command isSinglePlayer have a small p? So it's equal with isMultiplayer?

Additionally, I noticed that the scripting help window is not localised at all.