There has been some confusion regarding changes in deployment while prone. 
First of all, that was false changelog entry, it made it in changelog, but never in development branch itself. I apologize for confusion.
Why are we even thinking about it?
Developer that originally made whole deployment possible feels it can be further enhanced, however at this point this is in experimental phase and may not happen at all. Feelings here will of course also have an impact in case we will consider changes to current mechanics.
I also would like to ensure you that it is lower priority and main focus is indeed on other, more pressing, tasks. 

I'm glad you're revisiting deployment, I agree with whoever thought that it can be further enhanced.

As for the automatic undeploy, I think this is a perfect example of feature to put in as a user option. General gameplay is not affected and some people might like it if it worked that way, some might not. I don't see what the fuss is about, as long as it isn't forced to behave that way.

• Like 4

I see you are porting engine (sound) features from Arma 3 to Dayz. Is there a change of getting animations from DayZ into Arma 3, some HUD improvements (customization of command bar, weapon info. - selectable elements etc), melee and maybe, just maybe some DirectX11/12 features? As i see how people run DayZ on full settings with beatiful Chernarus + with 60FPS, and new effects, it look georgeus.

Is there a change of getting animations from DayZ into Arma 3,

The whole animation system is getting a huge overhaul in DayZ, so nope. First they would need to port the whole system in which is a very big task.

• Like 1

@ BIS DEVS - "Author is not a value" error message...

It once disappeared in dev branch, after you published this change (in june I think it was):

• Added: Support for addons with author defined as array in the missing addons screen

But it came back and is still on stable branch. And there are probably trillions of mods with an author array, because that was just the way it was...

Please fix again!

• Like 3

First of all, that was false changelog entry, it made it in changelog, but never in development branch itself. I apologize for confusion.
Developer that originally made whole deployment possible feels it can be further enhanced, however at this point this is in experimental phase and may not happen at all. Feelings here will of course also have an impact in case we will consider changes to current mechanics.
I also would like to ensure you that it is lower priority and main focus is indeed on other, more pressing, tasks. 

I'm still confused - is it false as it shouldn't be on changelog (because it isn't in game), or is it worded incorrectly, if so how?

I'm glad for trying further experimentation and feasibility experiments to extend bipod system.

There are couple of issues with them like deploying bipods moves your view

however it should accomodate bipods and your hands not your view.

The other is angles detection algorithm - there is always room for improvements.

And height of bipods - right now legs snap on the surface - would be great if we could raise them ourselfs to get ideal position,

height at given surface.Perhaps even move them around.

• Like 2

If you want to enhance the resting and deploying feature, then please give us the option to change the length of the bipod on the fly.

Edit: Just noticed en3x has mentioned that already...

• Like 2

I'm still confused - is it false as it shouldn't be on changelog (because it isn't in game), or is it worded incorrectly, if so how?

The listed change isn't actually a change in the game.  I was wondering last night when I hit the stop and couldn't move and figured maybe someone changed their mind.  Then I realized it was a Sunday, so no new update.

Glad it hasn't been incorporated.

• Like 1

The listed change isn't actually a change in the game.  I was wondering last night when I hit the stop and couldn't move and figured maybe someone changed their mind.  Then I realized it was a Sunday, so no new update.

Glad it hasn't been incorporated.

Ah thanks for confirming.Good to know.

Hello dear BIS developers. I was looking at the Virtual Arsenal in EDEN and recently added features - I noticed that you pay so much attention to it, but could you please consider adding possibility to modify actual magazine loaded in weapon (the one u have after game starts)? It's really confusing that I cannot actually modify the magazines directly in the weapon itself. Thank you :)

Deployed weapons feel restrictive in game compared to un-deployed prone, as deployed weapons have realistic vertical movement restraints, while normal prone weapon has no realistic vertical/elevation restraints.

Look at the player in external view when going prone facing downhill, then aiming up as high as possible. It's an Olympic grade gymnastic feat!

If there is balancing to be done, I think it should be applying some more realistic restraints to vertical aiming when un-deployed.

Deployed weapons feel restrictive in game compared to un-deployed prone, as deployed weapons have realistic vertical movement restraints, while normal prone weapon has no realistic vertical/elevation restraints.

Unless they teach the AI to kneel instead of go prone on sloped terrain (or when they can't "aim" at something they see) that's not going to happen i would think. It would be a welcomed change though, it always looks and feels completely wrong.

I'm glad for trying further experimentation and feasibility experiments to extend bipod system.

There are couple of issues with them like deploying bipods moves your view

however it should accomodate bipods and your hands not your view.

The other is angles detection algorithm - there is always room for improvements.

And height of bipods - right now legs snap on the surface - would be great if we could raise them ourselfs to get ideal position,

height at given surface.Perhaps even move them around.

If you want to enhance the resting and deploying feature, then please give us the option to change the length of the bipod on the fly.

Edit: Just noticed en3x has mentioned that already...

Would be excellent if we could get these sort of changes to bipods.

It is just weird at the moment when you deploy on uneven ground and your arc is left scanning into/above the terrain. Any normal person would adjust their bipod for a better arc/view.

Maybe re appropriate adjust stance when deployed, up/down left/right could be used to adjust height and pivot angle.

• Like 1

Since Zeus is back on the developers table; Could the suppress command be added for Zeus, so that it could  command AI groups to suppress locations and enemies?

• Like 1

Would it be possible to stop having the vanilla assets list open every time you double click on a module or object in the editor?

Example: Let's say I'm placing a modded BLUFOR unit down and need to double click on him to change his gear. Or let's say I place an ALiVE module down and need to double click on it to change the module attributes.

When the init/settings field opens and then closes, the vanilla assets list (such as NATO or the vanilla modules) will now be open on the right hand column in the editor. This makes making modded missions kind of a pain in the ass TBH. I'm constantly having to close the BIS assets in the menu and it makes a long process much much longer.

• Like 2

• Fixed: The GetIn entity Event Handler would not fire for characters moved in vehicles by scripts

Does this finally fix the issue of placing units (with waypoints) in a vehicle within Eden and then they don't do anything but sit there?  Hopefully so.

Have been trying to figure out if it was a Vanilla issue or one with RHS stuff.

For a few weeks now I can't hear any land vehicles in hosted MP (client) unless I'm driving them. Anyone else?

Convoys are driving extremely slow now, BUT they seem to be able to keep the distance to each other perfectly. I sense a step to the bright side of convoy ai.

Yes, there were recent changes to this and they're looking amazing. There are still problems, but it's definitely not as bad as it used to be. Also check out the new command to restrict vehicles to following roads. :)

I just noticed that the Task ID of the "Create Task" module is not checked for singularity, as for example the variable name attribute. Any chance that could be added?

Has anyone else found when turning and crouching at the same time, your weapon is automatically lowered? Not using any mods.

• Like 2

Has anyone else found when turning and crouching at the same time, your weapon is automatically lowered? Not using any mods.

Yep, must be some animation transition that's being a bit weird.

• Like 1

While I am at it... I would really, really, really love it to be able to change the trigger color in Eden, so that I can color-code my stuff. I see no reason why this shouldn't be an option.

• Like 4

While I am at it... I would really, really, really love it to be able to change the trigger color in Eden, so that I can color-code my stuff. I see no reason why this shouldn't be an option.

That would be awesome, that way one could use different colours for diffent kind of triggers, e.g, colour green for task related triggers.

• Like 2

Another thing: Since a while ago, every time I'll open the campaign menu, I am getting a popup with "Picture scenarios not found" - first I thought it was somehow related to my mods, but it happens even after I disable every single mod. Am I the only one with that or is it a common issue?