Is fadeRadio supposed to fade music as well? Because it does.

Also, 3D voices still have a radio filter over them.

There's a problem with the RPG-7. It doesn't necessarily... kill stuff. In reality, there's not much systems that can counter an RPG-7, and it's rightfully earned itself it's justified deadliness against all types of armor from all era's. My point is, having hit an Off-road, and watched it keep driving, is a bit disappointing. 

You mean the normal offroad? I just tried it a few times and I completely destroyed the vehicle with one hit every single time.

CSAT IFV on the other hand was shrugging it off like nothing. 3 direct hits to the side and at max some orange components, while one lucky hit from the normal AT launcher can kill it.

• Like 1

In reality, there's not much systems that can counter an RPG-7, and it's rightfully earned itself it's justified deadliness against all types of armor from all era's. My point is, having hit an Off-road, and watched it keep driving, is a bit disappointing.

CSAT IFV on the other hand was shrugging it off like nothing. 3 direct hits to the side and at max some orange components

It makes small holes in tanks and has a bit of HE. That doesnt always mean a kill realistically. However, AT Rockets/Missiles are very poorly modelled in Arma unfortunately. They dont penetrate, they only deal explosive damage like a satchel would basically, but with less power. In terms of ballistics/ammunition simulation in Arma this the thing that should be improved most urgently.

• Like 1

I noticed RPG 7 infatry shoot too high at ranges 700-900M

What do you mean by too high? Do you mean they shoot from too far away?

They shoot above the target . Try to spawn 10 At guys and one tank 700-900m from them - they will shoot everytime too high.

LOL, not gonna lie. experienced this yesterday with an AA tank that was literal 10 feet infront of me. Fired one directly mid mass, and it flew over, i quickly reloaded and aimed lower only to have it go over it AGAIN, followed by 37mm to my face.

They shoot above the target . Try to spawn 10 At guys and one tank 700-900m from them - they will shoot everytime too high.

700-900m? With a RPG-7?

How did you get them to fire at the tank at such a distance?

Are you using any mods?

AI using the RPG will never engage a tank at 700m or above, not even with dotarget and dofire commands, at least from what I've tested.

They usually engage below 500m, and always hit dead center, even with my modified rookie skill setting.

Can you post a repro mission?

Cheers

• Like 1

I noticed RPG 7 infatry shoot too high at ranges 700-900M

RPG-7 should not be effective at that range anyway, so does not seem like a bug.

• Like 1

The RPG miss might be related to this:

But that was supposed to be fixed in the current dev branch already. (I.e. not in the stable 1.62)

13-07-2016

Fixed: AI could not properly hit a target with the RPG-42

Applied also to the good ol' RPG7. Caused by the ammo's low thrustTime. The algorithm has been improved so the AI is now able to find a firing solution even with that.

The RPG miss might be related to this:

But that was supposed to be fixed in the current dev branch already. (I.e. not in the stable 1.62)

I'll check it out.

RPG-7 should not be effective at that range anyway, so does not seem like a bug.

It happen even on shorter distances https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119805

700-900m? With a RPG-7?

How did you get them to fire at the tank at such a distance?

Are you using any mods?

AI using the RPG will never engage a tank at 700m or above, not even with dotarget and dofire commands, at least from what I've tested.

They usually engage below 500m, and always hit dead center, even with my modified rookie skill setting.

Can you post a repro mission?

Cheers

No mods activated. RPG standard VL round is designed to attack target up to 700M, i dont know why they shooted at me from futher distance. I guess it uses same algorithm as RPG42

it's an rpg7 it's self destruct at 837m or about unless they changed that from real life. Also RPG aren't reliable past i think the soviets found 300m, where the accuracy on a moving target fell below 50%. Sounds more like the RPG7 in game has more range then it should and is more accurate then it should be. Then again weapon accuracy Arma has always gotten wrong.

Its fixed on Devbranch, hoverer @ivan - this is why they designed Optic device for it - 400M target on move make no problem to hit - at least for me.

Tweaked: The Physx was updated

What we can expect now/ which part of fixes it was aimed?

Certainly nothing related to tanks, as I've seen 'em flying already again today. :p

• Like 1

A couple of houses with occlusion issues:

"Land_Slum_04_F" (Tanoa) when looking underneath the house, past the stilts, if your eye is level with the raised floor.

"Land_u_House_Small_01_V1_F" (Altis) when looking out one of the doors.

I see very big issue with VA - i cannot choose magazines at all from the right window - "magazines" tab is not working after clicking on it, sorting did not recognizing clicks as well, and when i want to add aazine to my backpack clicking on the list is not working too.

Its fixed on Devbranch, hoverer @ivan - this is why they designed Optic device for it - 400M target on move make no problem to hit - at least for me.

Hitting a moving target at 400m with a rpg-7? Now that's a video I'd like to watch.

Cheers

• Like 1

For a trained gunner with Russian optics? It sounds plausible. For those usually seen with those weapons? A static one at 100m is an achievement. :) Much like with many other Russian weapons, poor accuracy of RPG-7 is not a problem with the weapon, but with the users, who more often than not take the proverb that "A soldier shoots, but God carries the bullets" to mean that since they're fulfilling the will of God, he will do all the hard work for them. :) An US Army evaluation found the effective range (50% hit probability on a car-sized moving target) to be about 200m. With optics and good training in using them, I'd imagine this could easily be doubled.

I think armed hellcats have the transport pilot brain instead of the cas pilot brain

For a long, long, long, long time..

Tweaked: The Physx was updated

Can we get more details on this? Entire library update (if so, what version is it now?), or just a fix related to the crash issue?