• Tweaked: Insignia on CTRG Stealth Uniform can now be changed in the editor and Virtual Arsenal (and there is none by default)

Yes, but can the whole load out be exported from the VA via EDEN like before?

Insignias, Voices and Faces still have to be edited through the Init of the character, which the last few updates broke the editing within EDEN.

• Tweaked: SMGs (Sting, Vermin, PDW 2000 and Protector) can now be stored in vests as well as in backpacks. Therefore we have four distinct categories of weapons in regard to their allowed inventory storage space now:
    • Pistols: uniform, vest, backpack
    • SMGs: vest, backpack
    • Rifles: backpack
    • Long rifles & launchers: none

Slings in mind, any additional weapon should be allowed to be carried on back (or at least packed in the mean time), mass/stamina restriction alone should be enough to discourage abuse.

• Like 4

I wonder, was there a bug or did they just optimize something?

Not to get into the technical programming details, but it's an optimization of how the items are tracked / indexed / stored / cycled. As with any optimization, we just need to test it fully to ensure no functionality regressed as a side effect f.e.

• Like 2

B0iZol1.jpg

Now started getting this error after the large update today.

Tweaked: Players could interrupt idle animations of their characters by clicking the Right Mouse Button

Great... How am I supposed to stand still now, without constantly squirming and waving my hand across the face? :face_palm:

• Like 10

Great... How am I supposed to stand still now, without constantly squirming and waving my hand across the face? :face_palm:

This is one of the most unwanted stuff happening in the game, and now the only way to avoid this besides not lowering your weapon is gone.

Everytime I'm in MP editor and see that hand move across the screen when typing in the debug console makes me cringe.

Not to talk about when you're sitting as a passenger in the civ truck, this animation triggers way too often.

Should only play any ambient animations for players that alt tab out of the game to be honest.

Everything else just makes sense for AI (which ironically never play this animation).

Cheers

• Like 5

To be fair, you can just wiggle your mouse to interrupt the animations.

That said, please get rid of the wiping forehead animation. It's really irritating if you're trying to take screenshots in first person. It's a silly animation anyway, because 95% of the time your character is probably wearing headgear and it just looks like he's wiping sweat off his helmet.

• Like 1

@ devs: Are you aware that the animation of watch tower hatches are extemly laggy? Would be great if that could be fixed ;)

@ devs: Are you aware that the animation of watch tower hatches are extemly laggy? Would be great if that could be fixed ;)

video ?

video ?

ETA 5 mikes

Multiplayer (Domination 3.5 by xeno, server has been running since yesterday, low server fps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl83qG4U5ww

Singleplayer (Way better, but I believe it was smoother a few versions ago)

Singleplayer (Way better, but I believe it was smoother a few versions ago)

As far as I'm aware, this has been an issue ever since alpha/beta. First noticed it while I was working on the fluid door/hatch opening.

Its not necessarily an issue, just a limitation. Remote simulation rate for buildings is lower than say for, units or vehicles. If the building is local to your machine it will be smooth, but they don't send the same frequency of data over network for buildings as they do for units/vehicles.

• Like 1

Will APEX weapons be marked like Marksman rifles, in CfgWeapons?

Example:

configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "arifle_ARX_ghex_ACO_Pointer_Snds_F"

dlc: APEX

Marksmen rifles have the attribute "dlc: Mark".

Also I wish vanilla assets have "dlc: none" or "dlc: vanilla" for easier search operations.

I'm on stable branch I must say.

• Like 1

Way too many idle animations, I agree. They only forgot the "scratching balls" animation :)

To be fair, you can just wiggle your mouse to interrupt the animations.

Same here, but still: Have a pistol, open inventory, close inventory, watch stupid animation loop. That guy is really in love with his weapon.

And that "stone in my shoe" and "sweat on my helmet"animations, *sigh*...

I think ace_noidle does not help us get rid of everything...

• Like 1

22:10:52 Too many post effect params set
22:10:52 Too many post effect params set
22:10:52 Error in expression <_relativedirto;
};
_dirToFront = (180 - _dir) / 180;
_dirToEnd = (abs _dirToFron>
22:10:52   Error position: <_dir) / 180;
_dirToEnd = (abs _dirToFron>
22:10:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _dir
22:10:52 File A3\functions_f\Feedback\fn_radialRed.sqf, line 52

Also:

• Tweaked: Characters now kneel after landing with a parachute instead of going prone

Can you tweak it some more so when you parachute into a body of water, you switch to a swimming anim and not a kneeling anim?

Tweaked: Players could interrupt idle animations of their characters by clicking the Right Mouse Button

I definitely don't call that a "fix" or an improvement... :(

All those idle anims, constantly playing, just make the player look like he's bored to death. Kinda kills the tension when you're observing a nearby hostile group, doesn't it?

• Like 9

I definitely don't call that a "fix" or an improvement... :(

All those idle anims, constantly playing, just make the player look like he's bored to death. Kinda kills the tension when you're observing a nearby hostile group, doesn't it?

Exacly. At least there is few addons disabling idle animations once and for all. ;)

• Like 1

This is one of the most unwanted stuff happening in the game, and now the only way to avoid this besides not lowering your weapon is gone.

Everytime I'm in MP editor and see that hand move across the screen when typing in the debug console makes me cringe.

Not to talk about when you're sitting as a passenger in the civ truck, this animation triggers way too often.

Should only play any ambient animations for players that alt tab out of the game to be honest.

Everything else just makes sense for AI (which ironically never play this animation).

Cheers

but but the casuals who only play 30 mins a day have to experience all the cool stuff in their daily session. If rabbits and snakes were realistically rare (instead of 4 rabbits and 4 snakes within 50m of the player at all times) and brow wiping only occurred every 20-30 mins, the casual would not experience these cool dynamics! :)

• Like 5

let's not forget the "dude i really have take a dump, get moving!" wiggling animation everytime you open the inventory when you hold a pistol... there is way too much wiggling on the pistol in first person.

Also, there is still the extreme animation jittering for gunner positions on both LSV. Get in the gunner position and zoom in (not optic view), look at the gun (though it's so extreme you easily notice it in non-zoomed in mode as well). Really awefull.

• Like 1

I can't tell if you guys are just incredibly bored with nothing else to do or if you're trying to be funny, but are you seriously complaining about idle animations?

• Like 2

Added: An ability to sort Arsenal lists alphabetically or by a mod

Great stuff! Unfortunately it doesn't work.

Furthermore, it would be awsome if in the future we could not only sort, but also filter the lists. For example show only Apex, Marksman,Robert Hammer weapons or show only ARs, MGs or DMGs.

• Like 2

@Gossamersolid Well..this is a thread specifically for feedback to the Dev branch.They are discussing changes to the Dev branch...I dont see a problem. And I agree with them-this change is not something I would have wanted either.

• Like 1

Is it just me or is it now impossible to order subordinate drivers to get into a car and order them to move using WASD? I can see the issuing of the commands (forward, fast etc...) but the driver doesn't obey. First noticed it with the prowler but seems the hunter is like that too. Will keep testing..... odd

cheers

Just tried this with a Marshall crew. Works fine, order to disembark and board Prowler and crew will not obey when given WASD commands. Get them to dismbark Prowler, reboard Marshall and they will again!

Edited by petek

Is it just me or is it now impossible to order subordinate drivers to get into a car and order them to move using WASD? I can see the issuing of the commands (forward, fast etc...) but the driver doesn't obey. First noticed it with the prowler but seems the hunter is like that too. Will keep testing..... odd

cheers

It including all vehicles with FFV. When commanding platoon of vehicles, they cannot stop when marking all [`] and choosing "STOP". You need to mark every vehicle in platoon one by one.

• Like 1

It including all vehicles with FFV. When commanding platoon of vehicles, they cannot stop when marking all [`] and choosing "STOP". You need to mark every vehicle in platoon one by one.

Thanks for the reply Vasily.B but don't quite follow. It's not a platoon of vehicles - it's just an individual one.

cheers