I can confirm that.

This reminded me: is kbTell still broken for civilians?

Just thought that while fixing, fix'em all..

Have you got the gore mod enabled too?

No, for the very same reason as das attorney.

Using mostly map, unit mods and JSRS.

Usually when scripting I'm running without any mods, when trying out some carpet bombing or CAS function these issues happen frequently,

as mentioned usually with lots of shooting going on (most frequently with explosives), doesn't matter if it's vanilla units or not, as long as mods are loaded it's an issue.

Cheers

• Like 2

This reminded me: is kbTell still broken for civilians?

Just thought that while fixing, fix'em all..

As far as I know civilians don't have radios, so kbTell won't work for them.

At least last time I checked.

Cheers

The way kbTell works is that if you are close enough you will hear the "actual character speech" instead of radio (IIRC optional but on by default), and that's exactly how the group radio works when commanding a group of civvies (the civvies won't speak to you over radio so if you go far enough you can't hear them responding to your commands, although they still seem to telepathically know what you're saying) so there is absolutely no excuse why kbTell shouldn't work on them.

The way kbTell works is that if you are close enough you will hear the "actual character speech" instead of radio (IIRC optional but on by default), and that's exactly how the group radio works when commanding a group of civvies (the civvies won't speak to you over radio so if you go far enough you can't hear them responding to your commands, although they still seem to telepathically know what you're saying) so there is absolutely no excuse why kbTell shouldn't work on them.

I know how kbTell works.

Just tested it, kbTell is working just fine, even for civs without radios (have to be in range though).

Cheers

• Like 1

No-radio chatter should be fine.Are you running a mod that may remove radio chatter-such as ACE3?

I see you said you are using no mods-check if auto reporting is on or off in your game settings.

Hi

Auto reporting on. It's radio comms I'm not getting - so if you run to the commander who's issuing orders you can hear them (just not over the air as it were...) So you don't hear Papa Bear in the infantry showcase for example.....

Hmmm I will run the showcase and see if i have the issue too. Anyone else with this issue?

I know how kbTell works.

Just tested it, kbTell is working just fine, even for civs without radios (have to be in range though).

Cheers

Ah, all is well then.

Wasn't able to test myself, just remembered it was broken for the longest time back in the day..

That's a current bug on dev-branch. Hopefully fixed soonish.

Did something change with disableAI "MOVE" again? I have a vehicle that I am stopping that way.. Now occasionally he *does* seem to stop, but not the vehicle. So basically he is in full speed, I disable his movement, and then the vehicle won't stop and go straight forward.

No idea how to deal with this now. Maybe I'll have to remove the fuel of the vehicle? Certainly would be an interesting workaround..

/Edit: ok, removing fuel doesn't work. Vehicle will obviously roll out the remaining speed.

Didn't tried, but I am not even sure if forceSpeed works at all. Made some tests with a vehicle and then changed the forceSpeed value via debug console, but the vehicle didn't change at all. Same speed, no visible difference no matter what.

/Edit: Tried it. forceSpeed 0 works and stops the car. It's actually quite funny how you can make a car keep driving forward with disableAI "MOVE". Maybe this could be abused for scripted scenes of cars dashing through something or whatever. :>

/Edit2: forceSpeed doesn't work in a convoy, though. You can influence the first vehicle, but the second doesn't seem to care.

I've placed two vehicles. test1 and test2 (Zamak Repair), formation line, carelss. Using foceSpeed 0 on the first vehicle will stop it (the second vehicle will most likely bump into it hard). Using forceSpeed 5 on the first vehicle and forceSpeed 0 on the second makes the first vehicle move slow, but the second vehicle has a hard time dealing with this situation. It tries to be faster, tries to overtake but then tries to remain behind the first vehicle (which it can't, because it is faster).

/Edit3: But like i wrote, forceSpeed is weird as hell. Now I'll guess it only works on the leading vehicle. My thought of letting the vehicles drive "Limited" and then force the first car to be a tiny bit faster doesn't work (what a shame). Except for the leader, forceSpeed has no visible effect for me on anything else. And even on the leading vehicle I am getting somewhat mixed results? Still, setting it to 0 stops the car.

Fixed: Number of items in character’s inventory could affect performance of the game

Oh, man this seems to be real milestone!

• Like 4

Oh, man this seems to be real milestone!

I wonder, was there a bug or did they just optimize something?

I know weapon attachments seem to have some simulation cost (to keep them in the correct place on the gun), but didn't know what the player has in his pockets also matters.

Fixed: The FV-720 Mora was missing in the AAF Showcase

Speaking of Showcases... It would be nice to remove second table at the firing range in NATO Showcase.

• Like 3

Any closer to fixing the virtual arsenal exporting of custom load outs back to the way it used to be? none of this cut and paste shite!

• Like 1

Any closer to fixing the virtual arsenal exporting of custom load outs back to the way it used to be? none of this cut and paste shite!

Yes please. Talk about an annoying issue.

I've had to go through all my saved loadouts (modded and unmodded) and find helmets that won't automatically disappear. Not to mention modded scopes now not sticking and the legacy issue with saved vanilla faceware not spawning in game.

It's a mess.

• Like 1

• Fixed: Some conversations were transmitted both through radio and 3D space

Explain? Given if you're speaking through a radio, you SHOULD be heard speaking in 3D space as well as through the Radio.

• Like 2

That's probably related to how kbTell works,

when in close distance to a unit, and the unit is sending a command towards the player, you should hear it in direct voice.

If the unit is further away, you should hear it in side channel.

Now what that bug did is to play the same command over direct and side channel, duplicating the voice if you were close to the unit, which was odd as hell.

Cheers

Does anyone knows what size the squad logo (unit insignia) has to be to be shown as large as possible? We are currently using a 400 by 400 pixel logo and it appears quite small ingame.

Does anyone knows what size the squad logo (unit insignia) has to be to be shown as large as possible? We are currently using a 400 by 400 pixel logo and it appears quite small ingame.

How much of the space of that is taken up with the logo? It might be because you're using 400 x 400 as opposed to 128 x 128, 256 x 256, 512 x 512 ? 

Any mission start on the new dev build crashes the server, dedicated or hosted.

Still happening on todays build....

Still happening on todays build....

Today's Dev build was not yet out by the time you posted this, could you wait for the update and try again?

If it still happens, please try to provide some additional info

- running any mods?

- crashes instantly or after some time?

- happens with every mission or only with some of them?

simply, anything that might seem relevant that could help us pinpoint the problem.

• Like 2

Today's Dev build was not yet out by the time you posted this, could you wait for the update and try again?

If it still happens, please try to provide some additional info

- running any mods?

- crashes instantly or after some time?

- happens with every mission or only with some of them?

simply, anything that might seem relevant that could help us pinpoint the problem.

Then it was my imagination that I downloaded over 600mb on todays DEV update?

Anyway its still crashing server on mission load on any mission from Tanoa...seems to be working fine on other islands. (no mods vanilla ~APEX custom missions and official).