still no fix for carrying over the saved load outs in the VA ?? Insignia/Face/Voice?

I know that's implemented when in Eden via attributes, but the user interface is way too small, and it doubles the amount work needed to create custom units.

Why break something that's wasn't needing fixing????

From today's Development Branch Changelog:

Changed: Updated vegetation LODs for remove the blicking between them

Good reason for me to change to dev build and try this out. Hopefully this is improved because it was getting on my nerves before :)

• Like 2

They must have tweaked a few things too, as my game loads up a lot quicker than it has done, when I say game, the one on the laptop ! My PC is still fucked!! :D

• Like 3

with the marksman DLC we have a olive textures for the AAF vests, there is a little error (please fix BI), if BIS gives to us a olive textures for the pasgt AAF helmet we have a cheap and generic protection for Syndiakat e FIA factions

edit now?

2w7fq07.jpg

?id=728979412

• Like 1

Your screenshots never work for me, btw.

• Like 4

Bolt assembly is not fully animated for AI units (only works for player).

• Like 3

Bolt assembly is not fully animated for AI units (only works for player).

Thats may be for optimalisation and better performance.

I noticed sometimes very frustrating and easy to fix bug with man pod launchers - if i have rifle in hand, and switch to launcher, character pull the launcher and have it on position, there is about 1,5 second delay before i can do some action with it (reload, shoot). This delay should disapear as soon as launcher is on shooting position (on arm). Or maybe its some optimalisation for AI shooting too early (bad aiming)? Not a big deal, but frustrating sometimes.

• Like 1

I hate to quote myself but :

Hey DEVS! are there any plans in "pipeline" for fixing/adding the ponds?
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186835-community-upgrade-project-cup-terrains/?p=3017731
There is very big issue and it really hurts players eyes - such great terrains like chernarus, with black water blinding the character.

Clouds are most terrible thing for me - rotating bug..... This is the only odd thing left after visual update that dont fit to the game. Just like connecting CMR 2 with Arma 3, or OFP with arma 3 (graphic features).

Thos cloud roatiion to player is very odd.

Small niggle from my point of view but it seems that AI for me anyway won't recognize the Completion Radius for waypoints when placed in Eden editor, a Player character recognizes it and completes the waypoint upon entering the radius, AI ignores it completely

EDIT: Nevermind, just read on the feedback tracker from 2 years ago that the issue will never be fixed, guess i'll just have to keep using triggers to force Radius completion, bit of an inconvenience when a system is present but not working.

• Like 1

Well, the completion radius system is considered working, it's just not as explicit as the editor might make it seem. (For reference: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T77728)

Sort of a soft radius where the AI has to make a check and realise it's within the radius (frequency of checks varying with vehicle type and behaviour), rather than a hard radius where as soon as they enter it the waypoint is complete. I agree that it is a bit misleading, but you need to look at the intention for waypoints and why they have been designed that way. They aren't meant to act like triggers, just guides for AI to follow - and so the performance saved by not constantly polling is more desirable than instant completion radius detection.

Since opening that issue 2 years ago I've come to see that it makes more sense the way they work currently.   ^_^

• Like 1

Well, the completion radius system is considered working, it's just not as explicit as the editor might make it seem. (For reference: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T77728)

Sort of a soft radius where the AI has to make a check and realise it's within the radius (frequency of checks varying with vehicle type and behaviour), rather than a hard radius where as soon as they enter it the waypoint is complete. I agree that it is a bit misleading, but you need to look at the intention for waypoints and why they have been designed that way. They aren't meant to act like triggers, just guides for AI to follow - and so the performance saved by not constantly polling is more desirable than instant completion radius detection.

Since opening that issue 2 years ago I've come to see that it makes more sense the way they work currently.   ^_^

Yeah i understand, read the ticket after i made the post, it's a pity it can't be a little more forgiving, using move waypoints to keep the AI low on Tanoa and flying between the various islands to get to a safe drop off point is a hassle with standard waypoints (regardless of what behaviour i set them too, they still fly in and stop over the waypoint even if I set the completion radius to 1000.

Using the Skip waypoint action on assigned triggers works this issue around, allowing the helicopter to fly low constantly on a path without popping up or slowing down when reaching a waypoint position but having to do this on multple helicopters on multiple different flight paths is cluttering at the very least.

But sure what can you do, I've no real problem going on and doing that, just thought it was bug that the completion radius wasn't working for AI, seems as it's a larger issue then i thought I'll go about using the trigger method.

Thanks for the clarification SilentSpike

@devs:

The mission "Tipping Point" of the East Wind Campaign is competely broken, no way to properly proceed to the next mission.

The cutscene at the end where the NATO remains move to Altis and get attacked, is completely bugged. The jet kills me every time, making the mission end with a death, furthermore, the boats are flying or the fade in of the cutscene is very rough.

Is it just me, or is the GUARD waypoint broken? I set up a simple test case: Startis airfield, a NATO squad with a GUARD waypoint and a "guarded by BLUFOR" trigger some distance away. The group moved to the waypoint, but didn't move to the trigger afterward. Am I just using this feature wrong, or is that a bug?

Scripted dialogue (kbTell etc?) is broken over radio in current dev build. Radio static and crackle can be heard, but the speakers voice is not broadcast. Player needs to read subtitles (if enabled) to follow any communication.

Talking between units within a vehicle is also broken.

To reproduce, play any official BI mission that make uses of it, such as "Common Denominator" from the Prologue campaign.

Is it just me, or is the GUARD waypoint broken? I set up a simple test case: Startis airfield, a NATO squad with a GUARD waypoint and a "guarded by BLUFOR" trigger some distance away. The group moved to the waypoint, but didn't move to the trigger afterward. Am I just using this feature wrong, or is that a bug?

i think the problem is the "guarded by trigger". the "guard" waypoint works in the way that units on guard attack known emeies and then move back to the waypoint to be on guard. the better known second function of the guard waypoint - involving the "guarded by trigger" - seems to be broken since introduction of eden editor.

i've read, that you can get it to work by setting the "guard point" by script and not using the trigger, so i guess the trigger is the problem...

Getting the same.

Easily reproducable when I'm using mods and a lot of shooting (most of the time it seems HE rounds/explosives are causing this) is going on.

FPS gets back up 1-2 seconds after the shooting stops (allunits apply {_x setcaptive true});

Does not happen in vanilla for me.

Cheers

Scripted dialogue (kbTell etc?) is broken over radio in current dev build. Radio static and crackle can be heard, but the speakers voice is not broadcast. Player needs to read subtitles (if enabled) to follow any communication.

Talking between units within a vehicle is also broken.

To reproduce, play any official BI mission that make uses of it, such as "Common Denominator" from the Prologue campaign.

I can confirm that.

Anyone noticed AI tanks are ignoring change of behavior while combat starts, "STOP" order while its given to whole squad [`] ?

Getting the same.

Easily reproducable when I'm using mods and a lot of shooting (most of the time it seems HE rounds/explosives are causing this) is going on.

FPS gets back up 1-2 seconds after the shooting stops (allunits apply {_x setcaptive true});

Does not happen in vanilla for me.

Cheers

Have you got the gore mod enabled too?

I don't use gore mod - I did try it some time ago but spawning all those blood textures hit FPS badly when there's lots going on.

There are some scripts running in that video but no other mods.

A while ago I didn't use a page-file and it was doing that sort of thing quite regularly.  Then I enabled it again and it seemed better, but really it just takes a bit longer before it turns into a slideshow.

I can get the game to crash out when loading missions with lots of large arrays accessed from database or config as well but perhaps that's another issue.

I remember when a similar bug happened some time ago (6 months maybe).  The devs nailed it down to "certain configurations of hardware" but they didn't elaborate on that so I can't really say what I think the cause is.  Maybe it's shonky memory leak or some bad loop in the code somewhere  (or both/something else)..

My hardware (if relevant) is i7920 / GA-EX58-UD5 / 16Gb RAM / Game & Win 7 64 bit home edition on SSD / GTX 680 4Gb VRAM.

• Like 1

Das Attorney, why not get Dwarden your logs/rpts/etc like he asks so we can get this finally fixed? Same thing happens to me but I cannot find a decent repro.

We will all love you for it! :)

• Like 1

Not sure if it's the same but I've had to start Alt-tab ing out of the game (since the visual updates) due to slow downs - especially when lots of shooting again. No mods running - just dev branch.

Sorry if I've missed this but is the radio chatter broken now in Dev branch? Just tried a few showcases (infantry, helicopter armed assault) and also mission 1 of Apex and Radio Silence in East Wind. Not hearing anything?

cheers

Not sure if it's the same but I've had to start Alt-tab ing out of the game (since the visual updates) due to slow downs - especially when lots of shooting again. No mods running - just dev branch.

Sorry if I've missed this but is the radio chatter broken now in Dev branch? Just tried a few showcases (infantry, helicopter armed assault) and also mission 1 of Apex and Radio Silence in East Wind. Not hearing anything?

cheers

No-radio chatter should be fine.Are you running a mod that may remove radio chatter-such as ACE3?

I see you said you are using no mods-check if auto reporting is on or off in your game settings.