Forcing identity would be best. Basically, have a checkbox to disregard the player's profile settings. Ideally, Eden would also get a drop-down menu for selecting the "name sound" for a unit (from the sounds available for a particular voice). It's not difficult to set a character's identity in Eden via init, but it could be easier.

• Like 1

I am experiencing  a strange bug. I'm running the game at 35-40( Dev-branch ) fps but when I fire my weapon, full-auto in first person view the game starts to lag and my fps drops to 10-15 even 5 if I countinue firing, however this issue does not appear on third person view, I'm not experiencing any fps drops what so ever. I've tried almost every weapon and I get the same result every time then I switch back to stable just make sure it wasnt a Dev-branch issue but I get the same result again. Does anyone having this issue ? I think muzzle flashes causes this issue but Im not sure.

After logging into a server, if it lags too much before it loads up, Battleye will kick you with "Client Not Responding" before you have a chance to join in properly, and you will be forced to Alt+F4 or force close the game, thus creating a repeating cycle of slow loading times. Please fix this!

I can't save games in SP have to start from scratch at every level and on completion the closing dialogue is incomplete and shows this message

'A3\Missions_F_Exp\Campaign\description.ext/Campaign/Missions.'

So what's wrong?

I can't save games in SP have to start from scratch at every level and on completion the closing dialogue is incomplete and shows this message

So what's wrong?

A few people have reported this now-not sure of the cause though.

A few people have reported this now-not sure of the cause though.

Including me :) 

Guys i have question for you and the developers.
- Did you notices strange limits in dynamic lights and wreck's smoke restart?
I mean when there is night, i switch Dynamic Lights to Ultra, i can see city with flashing lights (not all of them). More over, i see on some missions when i blow up for example 7 vehicles, smoke glitch when i'm looking at the smoke and it disapear, and start to float again from lowest height (just like on fresh exploded wreck). Have anyone noticed it? Does game optimalisation touched this thing? It does not happen since now, but since 1.58 i believe.

Great update for Eden, I was especially exited when I read this:

Added: A new "Insignia" attribute for characters.

BUT, there are a few things I really dislike.

1. Why use a combo box to display the pictures? One can barely see the insignias... Even I came up with a better solution..

IXkY8CX.jpg

2. The attribute ignores insignias defined in missionNamespace -> Very easy to do, see screenshot

3. The attribute is not working for JIP units, meaning, units which JIP will not see insignias of other units (Correct me if I am wrong here, I am always eager to learn new stuff)

All in all I have to admit that I expected a better solution from the maker of Eden.

• Like 2

Added: Enhanced key combination possibilities for mapping (mouse axes, special keys, etc.)

Whilst your having a look at key mapping, could you have a look at Win+G on windows 10. Since moving to windows 10 you can no longer bind this combination of keys, I believe it is due to the windows Xbox gamer thingy majig of which this is the hot key for. Even disabling Xbox app or changing the apps key this combo is still not working in Arma. I have other games where this is not a problem so there must be some way to override the windows bind much like it is for the windows key itself. Ta

Them new fog sliders are hella confusing at first. Took me a while to figure out that clicking on either Fog or Fog Forecast sliders will switch the fog to the respective settings (so you can actually see how the forecast will end up being - maybe add a little icon that changes depending on what is shown right now?). All in all, good change, though.

/Edit: Anyone care to tell me how the name thing actually works? In 3den I can type in the name of a unit, which then will be shown in the Team-tab on the map screen. It will *not* change the name of the unit in my unit list at the bottom left of the screen (the icons). On the other hand, if I'll assign my own CfgIdentity entry for a unit, name= *does* change the name in the bottom left under the icon, but *also* the name on the map view / Team-tab. BUT if I define a name + surename via CfgIdentity, the *full name* will be shown in the bottom left as well, and not just the surename! How? Why? What did I miss here? How do I show the short name under the icon, and the full name in the Team list? This drives me crazy already since years... how is my CfgIdentity entry different than the vanilla ones?

It doesn't, unfortunately. It used to be that you could just replace whatever the editor generated and it'd show up everywhere. Now, it seems like the "name" field has a bug that prevents it from replacing the displayed name at the bottom. I hope this gets fixed soon.

What does seem to work is putting this line in the unit's init:
this setName ["name surname", "name", "surname"];

so we have now the nato vests  with csat jungle camo, is it?

eJGqcZ3gMCIvZBVUL8eR7uvXLpWFmAFXe-7HPN4W

Since Apex release there have been lots of important fixes to Apex Protocol campaign in Dev branch, including a fix for the broken "None The Wiser" achievement.  When will these fixes be moved to Main branch?  Will we have to wait ~1 month until the next major update, or will there be a more rapid hotfix?

Great update for Eden, I was especially exited when I read this:

BUT, there are a few things I really dislike.

1. Why use a combo box to display the pictures? One can barely see the insignias... Even I came up with a better solution..

IXkY8CX.jpg

2. The attribute ignores insignias defined in missionNamespace -> Very easy to do, see screenshot

3. The attribute is not working for JIP units, meaning, units which JIP will not see insignias of other units (Correct me if I am wrong here, I am always eager to learn new stuff)

All in all I have to admit that I expected a better solution from the maker of Eden.

What I dont understand is why BIS just didn't copy paste the full virtual arsenal to the EDEN editor. The options tied to identities are much easier manipulated in the virtual arsenal interface than they are in the small EDEN menu. Is there some technical limitation at play?

What I dont understand is why BIS just didn't copy paste the full virtual arsenal to the EDEN editor. The options tied to identities are much easier manipulated in the virtual arsenal interface than they are in the small EDEN menu. Is there some technical limitation at play?

The reason is probably, that one does not need to load the full Arsenal to simple change the insignia, face or voice. That's in my opinion a good idea. Additionally, it allows for mass changes, which the Arsenal doesn't.

please BIS give to us a finished texture........

dKLDJCQ30dSJBoKM67dZQ-rAozN2Y8VzP1V_3kh-

and the finally fix the textures for the raven vest and the CSAT assassin helmet....... pleaseeeeeeeee

_C_1uOajCvWuTtYdjBZGSdUYjzeH26Gkz8MVZonR

• Like 1

So what's wrong?

Including me :)

Hi there, could you please provide some example of the mission that is causing these problems? Does it happen in campaing, showcase, custom scenario, some of those, all of the?

• Like 2

Did you try starting the game without loading the "3den Enhanced Test.VR" mission during startup? I think I've seen issues related to that before.

Didn't help, thanks anyway

Have you two versions of arma ie Dev and stable?

Nope.

Didn't help, thanks anyway

Did you consider that this might be a hardware issue?

Maybe try running a MemTest. How are the SMART values of your HDD? Tried installing it to a different drive?

This only happens if you try to do anything multiplayer related? Only hosting or joining as well?

Did you consider that this might be a hardware issue?

Maybe try running a MemTest. How are the SMART values of your HDD? Tried installing it to a different drive?

MemTest is fine and my smart values of my ssds too. No, I didn't try to install it on a different drive and I won't do so. To be honest, I don't want to spend my precious time on that. I'll wait till a dev checked my ticket and read through my troubleshooting report. That should hopefully contain all the information they need.

This only happens if you try to do anything multiplayer related? Only hosting or joining as well?

Last time I tried it was only crashing when I tried to host a session.

The thing I don't get it, that my 3den Enhanced mod finds the macros.inc file without any issues, but Arma 3 cannot.

MemTest is fine and my smart values of my ssds too. No, I didn't try to install it on a different drive and I won't do so. To be honest, I don't want to spend my precious time on that. I'll wait till a dev checked my ticket and read through my troubleshooting report. That should hopefully contain all the information they need.

Last time I tried it was only crashing when I tried to host a session.

The thing I don't get it, that my 3den Enhanced mod finds the macros.inc file without any issues, but Arma 3 cannot.

Maybe its Antivirus/Firewall related?

This is something i have seen i apex campaign when starting first mission. Off course there is no savegame, beacuse its coop, but in single there could appear savegame option ;)