Why not use the game updater and have a stable and devbranch installed at the same time? Best of both worlds :)

lack of storage space mate :O that's all plus I'm a bit of a motard when it comes to doing stuff like that hahahaha

• Like 1

Now that APEX has been released, has devbranch now served it's purpose? :unsure:

I don't mean that in a negative way, but dev branch was about testing everything for the run up to apex, surely now it's more to do with patching all the bits missed in the APEX release?

Is it worth remaining on devbranch, does it hold any sort of advantage over 1.62/APEX just now, as several addons don't like devbranch ?

The development didn't stop at Apex, it was just one milestone in the game's life cycle.

The dev branch will continue to be as useful as it has been for the last 3 years.

Despite the name, we haven't peaked just yet.

• Like 3

Devbranch has been there since the first alpha days. I remember that you could connect with the dev version on a normal stable server, causing huge amounts of problems.

The voting seems to be gone, which is sad. It was a great way of getting feedback, as an author and for devs.

Not to mention the lack of a Top 10 issues tab, very useful to keep track of the most popular issues.

The recently updated system is a far cry from the previous iteration.

voting system was/is useless in terms of abuse , same as comment and posting spam ...

that applies until the service is tied with Bohemia Account

and the account verifies game ownership (you own the game, you can vote, report, comment, if you don't own it, you can read-only)

• Like 4

voting system was/is useless in terms of abuse , same as comment and posting spam ...

that applies until the service is tied with Bohemia Account

and the account verifies game ownership (you own the game, you can vote, report, comment, if you don't own it, you can read-only)

Voting was also useful because it helped in some way for you guys to show how much interest is in

firing from vehicle, slingloading, advanced flight model which were oustanding and well developed engine systems.

[...]

your feedback is welcome either way! :)

Thank you for the clarification!

Also i wanted to say thank you and congratualtions for the apex release to all the bohemia developers. Despite all the praise in the forums over the last weeks, i still was very poisitvely surprised by the quality of the terrain and the expansion in general. I really hope you keep supporting arma 3 not only with patches, but also with more dlc or further expansions, because even though i enjoyed playing arma 3 since alpha it is only with the latest patches, that i reall feel, that it has become that game i was hoping for, when it was first teased some years ago.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

(and could we get some cargo ship / seafaring probs for tanoa please, and some basic civilian-module (like arma 2) and some improved wildlife-Ai / animal-module. :))

• Like 2

Thank you for the clarification!

Also i wanted to say thank you and congratualtions for the apex release to all the bohemia developers. Despite all the praise in the forums over the last weeks, i still was very poisitvely surprised by the quality of the terrain and the expansion in general. I really hope you keep supporting arma 3 not only with patches, but also with more dlc or further expansions, because even though i enjoyed playing arma 3 since alpha it is only with the latest patches, that i reall feel, that it has become that game i was hoping for, when it was first teased some years ago.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

(and could we get some cargo ship / seafaring probs for tanoa please, and some basic civilian-module (like arma 2) and some improved wildlife-Ai / animal-module. :))

Yeah, wild animals should run when seeing people, specially with rifles making noise ;) Now i can kill rabbit 0,5m from me, beacuse he just standing.... Or goat with freeze animation.

Also i noticed big FPS hit while shooting from 105mm Nato VTOL from first person view, can anyone test that in free time?

Not sure if this was patched in devbrach (I'm on stable) but is anyone noticing:

1. When adjusting the loadout of a unit in the editor, that selecting a NATO combat helmet (desert) doesn't stick and makes the unit not have a helmet on at all?

2. That faceware selected in the editor (such as balaclavas) don't appear on the player or grouped units when playing in game?

several bugs have crept in since APEX release.

1. EDEN 3d map freezes if you go from EDEN to scenario and then back to EDEN

2. Loading custom load outs to edit a character from the VA never shows the insignia or plays the correct voice

3. I see to have lost the icons along the bottom for my units, that might be down to me though.

Voting was also useful because it helped in some way for you guys to show how much interest is in

firing from vehicle, slingloading, advanced flight model which were oustanding and well developed engine systems.

it was useless in way how it was 'poisoned' by invalid votes ...

it's of course useful when implemented / utilized properly ...

as I said, at some point it will come back

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Not sure where I should report stuff related to the Arma3 Launcher, so here goes...

I've noticed that it eats quite a lot on the CPU; in fact, if I sort my active processes by CPU usage, it comes second, right after Arma3...

It severly impacts performances ingame : I feel a huge difference if I set the launcher to close itself after clicking "play". It feels rather odd to me, is this a known problem?

The launcher is very usefull for addon makers (or when you have mods spread across multiple drives), but it could use more tweaks and optimizations.

For the love of god, could you finally disable autoreporting for player controlled units?

It's so annoying being in a player group and still have the AI report targets and ask for orders etc....

Edited by R0adki11
removed large font
  • Like 6

it was useless in way how it was 'poisoned' by invalid votes ...

it's of course useful when implemented / utilized properly ...

as I said, at some point it will come back

Funny enough older tracker was used for years and I only heard about fake votes now.

Connecting vote per account should solve that issue as mentioned.

For the love of god, could you finally disable autoreporting for player controlled units?

It's so annoying being in a player group and still have the AI report targets and ask for orders etc....

Isn't that a difficulty option? I think I saw it in the menu. It's enabled by default, but you can turn it off, I think.

Edited by R0adki11
removed large font

Fixed: Countermeasures for Car vehicles (T117552)

Just tested. Gorgon smoke launcher works again. :627:

Funny enough older tracker was used for years and I only heard about fake votes now.

Connecting vote per account should solve that issue as mentioned.

connecting per account isn't solution, as just account already existed in old tracker

(the abuse was simple, create empty shell accounts to just 'add vote' to ticket where abuser wanted to raise counter)

needed is connection of account and validated ownership of product in relation to correct tracker-project

• Like 1

Absolutely support! this such an annoying feature...

Please set it as a difficulty option or something

• Like 1

Absolutely support! this such an annoying feature...

Please set it as a difficulty option or something

na, just get rid of it completely. i don't see any need for it. for unexperienced players it is confusing and on lower difficulties you have others helpers to show you, where enemies are...

i'd say it is more of a bug than a feature.... since ofp...

• Like 1

Off course its a feature! If you are in squad, you are not reporting to others, where you see enemy? You can disable it in dificulty setting without problem.

na, just get rid of it completely. i don't see any need for it. for unexperienced players it is confusing and on lower difficulties you have others helpers to show you, where enemies are...

i'd say it is more of a bug than a feature.... since ofp...

Why get rd of an exsiting feature when you can just give an option to disable it. Then those who want it will still have it.Makes no sense to remove it entirely.

@Roadrunner-I too am missing the icons for my teammates at the bottom left

• Like 2

I have one question :
Would be possible to place command bar (or group bar) vertically? I know it sound strange, but the main problem are vehicles, modded off course, from BW mod, RHS, incoming VTN update and a lot more.
Actual postioning letting you place command bar only horizontally, which lead to situation like covering the range on FCS of vehicle (Command bar cover ~ half of monitor lengh). Off course there is option to make UI smaller, but then it makes reading some of its elements harder.
In verticall it would take much less space on screen, and propably would fit better to game interface (optional off course).

ok, i guess you're right. i mainly play co-op and there it feels more like a bug than a fetaure.

difficulty option would be the best way to go then...

• Like 2