I wish we had the tactical ping, that was such a useful system. But I guess we have to wait a bit longer for that to come into the game.

I thought it was gimmicky and disruptive

• Like 2

I would love to get some more eyes on this.  I posted an update today (see link below) with video showing the issue as well.  If anyone can help review, i would appreciate.  Video included.  Thanks all;

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119273

We wish to help you, but noone from us can reproduce the issue, You have most hard task ahead you - wait for response from BIS, that can last very long.

For now, standard procedure as BIS guys will want to know:

- Did you tried veryfing files of game?

- Did you updated/optimised drivers on your system?

- And (from me) did you tried disabling Steam overlay?

• Like 1

We wish to help you, but noone from us can reproduce the issue, You have most hard task ahead you - wait for response from BIS, that can last very long.

For now, standard procedure as BIS guys will want to know:

- Did you tried veryfing files of game?

- Did you updated/optimised drivers on your system?

- And (from me) did you tried disabling Steam overlay?

I'm open to all suggestions to try what i can myself.

1. Yes

2. Yes this was a recent Windows install, soo all drivers and such are UTD

3. Tested just now and same results.

Thanks

Is this hapening in other missions (Not created by You)?

Turret lights do not move anymore , they are completely static (they used to work fine before eden).

It's a real shame, since on tanoa searchlights can be much more usefull (limited combat range) and atmospheric.

is it me missing something or does the Syndicat faction miss a marksman/sniper unit entirely? just wanted to set up an ambush in eden but there isn't even a guy with a long range scope on the weapon.

would be a great simple addition imho. my suggestion would be using the M14 to keep the old school gear approach intact.

again. if i missed something, apologies.

EDIT: hm. apparently no static turrets for Syndicat either. i'd really like to get the full repertoire. otherwise it'll be a pain in the ass to jsut set up a faction specific fortification and such.

• Like 1

Is this hapening in other missions (Not created by You)?

Yes.

Turret lights do not move anymore , they are completely static (they used to work fine before eden).

It's a real shame, since on tanoa searchlights can be much more usefull (limited combat range) and atmospheric.

Thats since 1.56:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118330

Yes.

Are you sure you are using totally no mods (no addon inside main game addons folder)? Maybe some file went to that folder by accident :)

Thats since 1.56:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118330

Are you sure you are using totally no mods (no addon inside main game addons folder)? Maybe some file went to that folder by accident :)

I had the same thought...but look at the LOGs, i cant seem to find any.  Also in game the MODs shows empty.  Ans this is happening on multiple PCs....so stumped  :(

• Fixed: AI could not properly hit a target with the RPG-42

OMG! FINALLY!!  :459: 

Fix this nowplease! You broke it about four months ago! 

I had the same thought...but look at the LOGs, i cant seem to find any.  Also in game the MODs shows empty.  Ans this is happening on multiple PCs....so stumped  :(

Lets do it that way, you know where rpt files are, yes? Launch the game, play this scenario, save game, exit from game, launch it again, try to load the savegame, exit the game, and send me 2 last .rpt files.

OMG! FINALLY!!  :459: 

Fix this nowplease! You broke it about four months ago! 

Ah, already wondered why it won't fire at me.

Also, just to be annoying: The Gorgon smoke launcher isn't working either. Gonna post this now as often as I can. :>

is it me missing something or does the Syndicat faction miss a marksman/sniper unit entirely? just wanted to set up an ambush in eden but there isn't even a guy with a long range scope on the weapon.

would be a great simple addition imho. my suggestion would be using the M14 to keep the old school gear approach intact.

One thing we've had in every game in the series, except Arma 3, is a nice bolt-action hunting rifle, which would have been good for civilians and FIA, and now Syndikat. I'm sure there's something in DayZ that would do just fine.

apparently no static turrets for Syndicat either. i'd really like to get the full repertoire. otherwise it'll be a pain in the ass to jsut set up a faction specific fortification and such.

To be fair, FIA never had one either. But taking the M2 .50 from the offroads and putting it on a tripod would do the job.

• Like 3

hey guys,

now with all the official feedback threads on this forum, is the feedback-tracker still the preferred place for bug reports / feedback or is it better to post in the specific thread on this forum?

f.e. i noticed the minigun on the new csat lsv having way too low sound volume in first eprson perspective. should that go in the "apex vehicle feedback" or should it better go to the feedback tracker.

To be fair, FIA never had one either. But taking the M2 .50 from the offroads and putting it on a tripod would do the job.

I would like to see that as well - getting a bit sick of the plastic cased 50's that are common to every faction

• Like 2

Lets do it that way, you know where rpt files are, yes? Launch the game, play this scenario, save game, exit from game, launch it again, try to load the savegame, exit the game, and send me 2 last .rpt files.

Well I had a 3rd PC that still had the old build..and when i tested, same results.   So weird.  SO i did a fresh install on that PC, and then manually copied over the game data only.  And it's fixed!  Thanks for trying to assist friend!  I will close out the feedback ticket.

• Like 3

Im likely the only person who cares but Would it be possible to swivel the bipod mount on the Mar 10 180 degrees... really odd how it folds towards the shooter and not towards the muzzle...

• Like 1

hey guys,

now with all the official feedback threads on this forum, is the feedback-tracker still the preferred place for bug reports / feedback or is it better to post in the specific thread on this forum?

f.e. i noticed the minigun on the new csat lsv having way too low sound volume in first eprson perspective. should that go in the "apex vehicle feedback" or should it better go to the feedback tracker.

For concrete issues with reproduction methods and other data such as logs, the Feedback Tracker is definitely the best place. We know it can be frustrating to see your tickets not always get processed quickly, but please know that we're monitoring closely and have dedicated team members filtering to the devs. If an issue does not get fixed now, it may still appear on a dev's radar later.

For more subjective comments about certain assets, features, etc. the forum threads are usually better as they allow for constructive discussion. Posting actual bugs in these threads is often less effective as they get lost in rapidly moving threads. This thread itself is a bit of an odd mix. You might see it as an early warning system, so posting bugs found in the daily experimental build does help us. We expect each of our devs who publish work, to check the thread the next day. Backing issues up by FT tickets when you get a chance is even better.

Your own example is ambiguous. If the sound was not playing at all, it would be a clear bug for FT. Now it enters the realm of volume mixing, which at least partially could be considered subjective to your hearing and preference (*cue sound designers cringing*). I'd go for the vehicles thread in this case, but your feedback is welcome either way! :)

• Like 2

We know it can be frustrating to see your tickets not always get processed quickly, but please know that we're monitoring closely and have dedicated team members filtering to the devs.

What's frustrating is the that new FT design is absolutely bonkers. It's so unintuitive, that I actually stopped watching and reporting tickets there at all.

• Like 5

What's frustrating is the that new FT design is absolutely bonkers. It's so unintuitive, that I actually stopped watching and reporting tickets there at all.

Quite, probably the most badly designed web based service I have personally had to try to use..

• Like 1

Am I blind or do I not see this in Feedback tracker.Where is voting at?

GUI was kilometers ahead of current first implementation of new FT

060214_Arma3_FeedbackTracker_arrows1_zps

The voting seems to be gone, which is sad. It was a great way of getting feedback, as an author and for devs.

Yeah it looks pretty bad but you can make your own dashboard or use someone other's to make it work like the old feedback tracker and beyond except you can't bring the voting back.

My dashboard is like this: https://feedback.bistudio.com/dashboard/view/5/

No need to visit 3 different feedback trackers anymore when I can browse Arma 3, TOM and DayZ from the same page.

Now that APEX has been released, has devbranch now served it's purpose? :unsure:

I don't mean that in a negative way, but dev branch was about testing everything for the run up to apex, surely now it's more to do with patching all the bits missed in the APEX release?

Is it worth remaining on devbranch, does it hold any sort of advantage over 1.62/APEX just now, as several addons don't like devbranch ? 

Now that APEX has been released, has devbranch now served it's purpose? :unsure:

I don't mean that in a negative way, but dev branch was about testing everything for the run up to apex, surely now it's more to do with patching all the bits missed in the APEX release?

Is it worth remaining on devbranch, does it hold any sort of advantage over 1.62/APEX just now, as several addons don't like devbranch ? 

Why not use the game updater and have a stable and devbranch installed at the same time? Best of both worlds :)