Out of curiosity. Am I the only one with the shiny borders around some insignias or is this a general problem? Noticed this already ages ago on the CSAT officer clothes- assigning the Griffin insignia to that unit will have a bright shiny border, while it does not have this on the normal CSAT soldiers. It's pretty bad looking, especially because it shines over a long distance and really sticks out hard.

I guess it is some Alpha sorting issue and it would be nice if these insignias supported rvmat material , so it doesn't look so flat

I guess it is some Alpha sorting issue and it would be nice if these insignias supported rvmat material , so it doesn't look so flat

I guess it would theoretically be possible when defining 'insignia' as a hiddenselection and then using hiddenselectionsmaterials, though this obviously wouldn't work for the assignable insignias...unless the config-based cfgtexturetomaterial could be bastardised to work, which I doubt.

I guess it would theoretically be possible when defining 'insignia' as a hiddenselection and then using hiddenselectionsmaterials, though this obviously wouldn't work for the assignable insignias...unless the config-based cfgtexturetomaterial could be bastardised to work, which I doubt.

that Texturematerial should been there at start because every insignia right now looks more like a sticker than actual insignia

I guess it is some Alpha sorting issue

But only for some uniforms? Because like I wrote, Griffin insignia on normal CSAT uniform works without problems. Griffin insignia on officer clothes on the other hand... So it's not like the problem appears always. Just with certain clothes.

• Fixed: Flickering tree trunks

Thank you very much, seems to have also solved the horrific flickering of those red/yellow shrubs on Tanoa. The inappropriate LOD switching when the player rotates their gaze is still present, but the LOD blending is at least functioning again to mask it to some degree. Thanks again devs for continuing to work on this critical aspect of the engine. 

• Like 1

Out of curiosity. Am I the only one with the shiny borders around some insignias or is this a general problem? Noticed this already ages ago on the CSAT officer clothes- assigning the Griffin insignia to that unit will have a bright shiny border, while it does not have this on the normal CSAT soldiers. It's pretty bad looking, especially because it shines over a long distance and really sticks out hard.

You're not alone and it's being looked into as it kind of affects the stealth of the stealth uniforms ;)

• Like 6

that Texturematerial should been there at start because every insignia right now looks more like a sticker than actual insignia

It's not something beyond doing, as I've done it before for hidden selections, on both A2 and A3, the problem starts when people begin editing these and don't edit the rvmats, in particular the nohq file associated with that particular texture, and the old nohq shows through the new texture and looks hideous. 

What would be ideal is a default base nohq texture, that's not entirely flat, and has a little relief, like a base blank material. This is how I did it with the country flags on my 60p4 and JPC vest addons, they're still "flattish" but don't look too bad.

eHzu7ew.jpg

The button "Alle" was incorrectly translated into the German language. It should be called "Alle schließen" instead.

Right now, the naming of the button makes no sense at all in German.

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed the GPU usage is now showing since the update this afternoon I opened my AMD Software that came with my AMD R9 390 and I've increased my FPS in multiplayer from 35-50 fps to 70-100+ fps.

Made a post in the Steam discussions showing my GPU usage running 1.60 (none) 1.62 Apex Preview (none) Dev 1.63.137431(525) desktop and 928 in multiplayer. So if this wasn't something BI did then I'm puzzled as I'm using same video drivers since June1. The only thing I notice in the DEV Log was 

• Tweaked: The analytics settings was reset due to a new version of config with an upgraded format

So if anyone else notices this let me know what you see between the builds as of today.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/365172547941322551/

Has anyone else noticed the GPU usage is now showing since the update this afternoon I opened my AMD Software that came with my AMD R9 390 and I've increased my FPS in multiplayer from 35-50 fps to 70-100+ fps.

Probably just your imagination but it happens to all of us :)

• Like 3

Probably just your imagination but it happens to all of us :)

If that was the case why is my GPU now working in Arma3. You must not have looked close enough at the Steam post. The fan speed only increased by 7%. But the GPU is idle in both 1.60 and 1.62 RC and then idle's at 522 when I start the 1.63 launcher. Then jump's to 928 in multiplayer, but only in the DEV version. That is not my imagination, or drugs, or something I never noticed before in 4000 hrs of playing this version of Arma. Just posted what I noticed, and not interested in proving it right or wrong. That's for BI to do. :D  

• Like 1

Seems you are the only one then, enjoy!!

Ah come on seriously, I can't be the only one who's GPU just started working in Arma3 dev. That doesn't make sense that it's just my pc. It didn't do it yesterday and I know that is the one thing everyone ( including me) complained most about. So you are telling me you use a ATI R9 390 8 gig ddr5 videocard or some other ATI card, and nothing is happening when you start the dev build released today? If you are using a Nvidia GPU videocard instead, then this would be something BI would want to check out for sure. I'm just reporting here what is going on while running all three versions on the same pc. I've even been accused of using Photoshop to doctor the screenshots (which I'm clueless how to do) why I even would I'm not sure either. Peace :huh:   

Did you read something in today's changelog that justifies the performance increase? Still only you reporting this "fantastic" performance boost..

• Like 1

I'll check it after today update of RC. "My arma 3" runs well sonce last rc update, very well i mean. Also noticed GPU fan speed increase (from hear).

Did you read something in today's changelog that justifies the performance increase? Still only you reporting this "fantastic" performance boost..

That's why I took the time to make screen shots of each version running with my videocard software running. It only is the DEV 1.63 that's giving me the performance gain. Nothing with 1.60, or the RC 1.62. Even check after the 5 gig update this morning and still the same. The screen shots don't lie, it's running with the GPU in 1.63 only. Frame rates are double, on all servers. But what happened in the build I'm not sure. I didn't change anything on my pc again from yesterday morning to when I did the update in the afternoon. But you would only see this f you opened your control panel for your videocard and monitor the GPU, Memory, and Fan Speed, while starting and running Arma3. 

So.. has the memory leak been fixed? (The one where your FPS drops from 60 to 5 after an hour or two of gameplay and the LODs keep getting furiously switched around)

I sent my RPT to Dwarden weeks ago but he hasn't mentioned any fix in the current dev/perf builds.

So.. has the memory leak been fixed? (The one where your FPS drops from 60 to 5 after an hour or two of gameplay and the LODs keep getting furiously switched around)

I sent my RPT to Dwarden weeks ago but he hasn't mentioned any fix in the current dev/perf builds.

It was fixed several weeks ago.One or two people- including myself- have gotten it on Dev branch in the last few days, but it seems to only happen very infrequently and to only a small number of people. So-in short, yes it is fixed.

• Like 1

Is anyone else getting config errors when blowing up object on Tanoa?

17:43:35 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default'.

HUGE BUG!!!  Before big release:

Tasks disappear after Saving, closing Arma, and then loading saved game after game restart.

REPO Mission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9abrfqkhq9xqqyu/TesTTASKRELOAD.Tanoa.pbo?dl=0

Load the scenario, and save & exit arma.  Reload arma, and load up the saved file and Tasks are gone.  Tested VANILLA

When i first experienced this the behavior was worse where all of the briefing info was missing, along with squad screen showing blank.

• Like 1

I have had a couple of other people say they experienced the same issue as posted above ^

HUGE BUG!!!  Before big release:

What branch is it? I cannot reproduce it.

• Like 1

It was fixed several weeks ago.One or two people- including myself- have gotten it on Dev branch in the last few days, but it seems to only happen very infrequently and to only a small number of people. So-in short, yes it is fixed.

Thought that was only me, post processing abruptly becomes turned off, bushes disappearing, terrain suddenly looks like on lowest settings, fps grinding to a halt and all soldiers sink into the ground in that weird vitruvian man pose, while vest and helmets stay in place.

http://imgur.com/a/5tKCk

Usually happens with lots of shooting going on, usually with large groups engaging each other within a few seconds, or with gunships firing (minigun).

In this scenario this tends to happen most likely(4 out of 8 times), maybe it's terrain/building related?

No mods used.

Cheers