It's more than likely due to

• Tweaked: Blending of LODs of models was improved

There's always going to be a tradeoff between aggressive LOD switching and performance unfortunately.

To be honest the new blending indeed makes the LOD transitions much less jarring. It seems they're not being done with transparency but rather with a sort of progressive hatching. It's not quite as pretty but it's a pretty marked improvement over the previous system.

oh wow! i didn't expect this to be worked on this late in developement. thx for the effort BI.

since i don't want to change from those sweet Aks in the apex preview branch, can someone tell me, if this can be controlled with a video setting? considering it has a performance impact. would be great to have and combine it with some dynamic fog scripts and stuff to fidn that sweet spot.

Can anyone confirm that a number of Tanoa buildings are no longer appearing on the map screen?

Confirmed - it's a packing / binarization issue that will be solved.

Confirmed - it's a packing / binarization issue that will be solved.

Could this be causing AI to refuse to travel over bridges too? :)

Lots of good smaller niggles fixed in todays changlog. Good to see :) .

Edit:

• Added: NATO (Pacific) variant of the Quad Bike - Appears to only be a config change not a new tropical vehicle texture as the note might suggest.
  • Fixed: It was not possible to operate the doors in Garage Shelters - Thought this might refer to the ability to open the garage doors on the Blue warehouse building but I believe it actually means a fix for the 'impassable' door of the building with ivy growing on a wooden trellis.
  • Like 1

Lots of good smaller niggles fixed in todays changlog. Good to see :) .

Edit:

• Added: NATO (Pacific) variant of the Quad Bike - Appears to only be a config change not a new tropical vehicle texture as the note might suggest.
  • Fixed: It was not possible to operate the doors in Garage Shelters - Thought this might refer to the ability to open the garage doors on the Blue warehouse building but I believe it actually means a fix for the 'impassable' door of the building with ivy growing on a wooden trellis.

Dang, was really hoping those garage doors on the blue buildings would be functional.

• Like 1

oh wow! i didn't expect this to be worked on this late in developement. thx for the effort BI.

since i don't want to change from those sweet Aks in the apex preview branch, can someone tell me, if this can be controlled with a video setting? considering it has a performance impact. would be great to have and combine it with some dynamic fog scripts and stuff to fidn that sweet spot.

No video option at the moment - I guess we won't have one while BIS is tweaking the tech.

Cant play arma 3 today beacuse of steam - please make arma 4 without steam if possible. Beacuse agressive power off yesterday (lack of power in my region) steam "Decides" to reset itself  and arma switched back to stable - 8,4Gb is fu**ed up!. For me it means pc must work whole night. Steam is incredible stupid, and it simply dont work for people with low internet connection. Please dont kill Arma 4 with steam sh*t. Or make 2 versions is posible. Sorry for my frystration but i simply cant run game after yesterday downloading of patch for RC, now its making same thing once again. Never had any problem like that with arma 2 and manual patches.

Vasily.B in such case I suggest you use the game updater tool or steamcmd to download each branch separately ...

(I use steamcmd but I'm very advanced user in terms of such tasks)

I must agree that absence of STEAMclient feature to preserve data (with user-defined location) of multiple branches is frustrating for end-user

• Like 1

Vasily.B in such case I suggest you use the game updater tool or steamcmd to download each branch separately ...

I must agree that absence of STEAMclient feature to preserve data (with user-defined location) of multiple branches is frustrating for end-user

Thats some solution, but my SSD havent enough free space. I cant redownload whole arma again, my brother (i'm dividing whole connection on us 2 ) would kill me. I have enough problems with internet for now. Biggest pain is, it have downloaded this patch yesterday, computer had this hard reset, and game switched to stable....... Is there long to stable 1.62? I know i should not ask, but i dont know there is sense of downloading rc for me now.

OK

so this is really weird I've never seen this before and i hope someone can help. So me and my buddy were playing amra 3 tona earlier today and then all the sudden I went from 50+fps after 2 hours of gameplay to a solid 7 Fps and it won't change no matter what i do I'm so confused why it would just happen after getting really good frames for 2 hours straight. I've tried a bunch of things like turning on and off the computer, Checking files, even uninstalled arma 3 and re installed it from scratch and as soon as I got in a multiplayer server It breaks again for the whole game no matter what I do. Even the editor and the EastWind campaign is still stuck at 7FPS.  I've tried changing all the settings to the lowest possible and it still doesn't fix it after it  breaks.

GTX 960 4GB SSC, DDR3 16GB Ripjaw Ram, FX-6300 AMD Those are my specs

A few games out there maintain both a steam version and an "independent" one on their own store (look at Kerbal Space Program or Elite Dangerous).

Is this something we could expect eventually for Arma3 (or 4)?

Note that I don't mind going through Steam right now, but I tend to not rely on it whenever I can.

• Like 1

@haleks - that would be awesome. I remember this with arma 2 :) I still have arma 2 nonsteamed version from CD-action magazine.

EDIT: Damm it, its steamed........ :(
But still, i remember when it wasnt steamed, and there was manual patches.... good old times.

halogoose4

Posted Today, 18:18

OK

so this is really weird I've never seen this before and i hope someone can help. So me and my buddy were playing amra 3 tona earlier today and then all the sudden I went from 50+fps after 2 hours of gameplay to a solid 7 Fps and it won't change no matter what i do I'm so confused why it would just happen after getting really good frames for 2 hours straight. I've tried a bunch of things like turning on and off the computer, Checking files, even uninstalled arma 3 and re installed it from scratch and as soon as I got in a multiplayer server It breaks again for the whole game no matter what I do. Even the editor and the EastWind campaign is still stuck at 7FPS.  I've tried changing all the settings to the lowest possible and it still doesn't fix it after it  breaks.

GTX 960 4GB SSC, DDR3 16GB Ripjaw Ram, FX-6300 AMD Those are my specs

Check you free space on HDD/SSD. Ita may be savegame size fault.

Asked this before but I'll ask again, just in case it got missed. Have language configs changed? Custom languages for mods seem to fail for all but the group leader on Dev, reverting to the default American English. Anybody else have this issue? Trying to work out whether I should file a bug report or not! 

• Like 1

• Tweaked: The PM 9 mm pistol is now re-texturable via the "camo" hiddenSelections config value

this means that now we are able to open the ebo files?

this means that now we are able to open the ebo files?

Think it just means you can use setObjectTexture on it now.  I thought you could always view configs of ebo file objects with the Config Viewer in Eden though, right?

• Like 1

Could the Sector Control module be changed so AI wont sprint all the time when ordered by it?

Asked this before but I'll ask again, just in case it got missed. Have language configs changed? Custom languages for mods seem to fail for all but the group leader on Dev, reverting to the default American English. Anybody else have this issue? Trying to work out whether I should file a bug report or not!

I don't see the harm in opening ticket.

The only factions I use speak foreign languages so it would be a buzzkill if this bug made into 1.62

Think it just means you can use setObjectTexture on it now.  I thought you could always view configs of ebo file objects with the Config Viewer in Eden though, right?

we'd still need a sample texture though for the proper UV layout but i guess that changelog entry implies we'll get one in the samples.

Managed to find reliable reproducers for recently introduced movement bugs:

• when crouching from a standing stance with lowered weapon, the weapon is automatically raised
  • when crouching from a standing stance with raised weapon while turning around (using mouse), the weapon is lowered
The latter is especially annoying when you suddenly realize the enemy is behind you, so you crouch and turn, only to lower the weapon and get killed.

Neither happens during movement, only when stationary, and occurs only when holding a main weapon.

• Like 3

we'd still need a sample texture though for the proper UV layout but i guess that changelog entry implies we'll get one in the samples.

Wouldn't the texture for PM from A2OA work for sample?

Wouldn't the texture for PM from A2OA work for sample?

only if it's the exact same model with the exact same UV layout which would mean it's a port of an old A2OA model. is it?

• when crouching from a standing stance with lowered weapon, the weapon is automatically raised
  • when crouching from a standing stance with raised weapon while turning around (using mouse), the weapon is lowered
The latter is especially annoying when you suddenly realize the enemy is behind you, so you crouch and turn, only to lower the weapon and get killed.

Neither happens during movement, only when stationary, and occurs only when holding a main weapon.

literally came to this thread to report this. Glad its not just me. I made a ticket on the feedback tracker yesterday about it. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118723

• Like 1

The latter is especially annoying when you suddenly realize the enemy is behind you, so you crouch and turn, only to lower the weapon and get killed.Neither happens during movement, only when stationary, and occurs only when holding a main weapon.

Add to this Moving back and to the side when prone forces the character to adjust to a crouch. Not good under fire!

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117864

This has been reported sooo many times, even before these bugs made it to stable.

Oh well, hopefully the more people report it, the more likely they'll fix it...

Also, when you're already standing, and press stand up (toggle), it automatically lowers your weapon. Happens only when holding a pistol.