Anyone having idea what is the issue here:
- I'm downloading workhop scenario,
- Going offline
- I cant start DOWNLOADED scenario beacuse i'm not logged in,
- If i'm online and launching scenario, game redownloading scenario once again.

WTF?

Entering and closing the profile menu seems to destroy the main menu layout and functions.

j7SsWpd.jpg

• Like 1

Same here.

BUG: Complete LOD insanity.

Go here (splendid camera):

["Tanoa",[7426.97,7139.39,2.0014],330.798,0.7,[-87.7659,0],0,0,422.798,0.815088,0,1,0,1]

Head NW and start walking.

My visibility (Overall/Objects) are at 3868m.

Many objects visible:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708467945

A few steps forward and a lot disappears:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708467926

EDIT: Looks like it happens when player is looking from "inside the building"... i.e. under that roof.

• Like 1

I am kinda curious why apparently nobody ported the ship stuff over, as it looks kinda cool in any case.

They're about as good looking as you'd imagine 'ambient background scenery for a flight sim' would look. :(

You have the binarized PBOs available, I'm guessing debinarizing/altering the models is still prohibited.

Hopefully someone from BI could clear this up.

Edit: Seems the data has the APL-SA license which means you can create adaptions of it for ArmA games, so I guess porting it to arma3 is possible?

SITREP #00104 clears it up: "Various modders have asked us whether they can de-binarize the data within these licensed PBOs. Our goal is to stimulate the enrichment of the Armaverse with these releases. Therefore, we are OK with such use of the data, as long as the license is observed (Attribution, Noncommercial, Arma only, Share Alike for APL-SA). You can also go over the F.A.Q. for more information."

Tweaked: The music for Apex was updated

I'm really liking the new tracks I've heard so far. Makes a change from the usual main theme remixes (having said that, the Apex Remix is pretty great).

Sorry, dont know where to report localisation issues in Main Menu:
- In Polish language, in place where [singleplayer] And [Multiplayer] is placed, there are two identical writings [TRYB] (in in english : mode) instead of [Jeden Gracz] and [Tryb Sieciowy].

instead of [Jeden Gracz] and [Tryb Sieciowy].

And now I have awesome villain names for my next mission!

"Oh no, Mr Vice President, the president's plane has been shot down!"

"By whom?  Who would dare to do such a thing, General!?"  

"Singleplayer..."

• Like 7

kylania what missions? Seriously with your code skillset i'd love to try some of them *hint lots of fire please!*

• Like 1

Tweaked: The music for Apex was updated

While I think most of the stuff is an improvement (Particularly "No time for questions"), I did like the old version of "An unknown enemy" for its more foreboding tone. The old "An unknown enemy" had a different sort of feel to the music that the new version just doesn't have, and I'd like to see the old version return under either "An unknown enemy - Alternative" or an entirely new foreboding name. For the record I do think the new version is pretty good, but the old one I think is different enough to warrant there being 2 versions.

Has anyone found today and yesterdays update drastically reduced performance? I hate bringing this old thing up eacuse it starts arguments, but I have had to drop my view distance by half and I still am having trouble keeping 60 fps in the official campaign, which usually runs fine.

Has anyone found today and yesterdays update drastically reduced performance?

I did not recognize any remarkable changes here.

EDIT: Looks like it happens when player is looking from "inside the building"... i.e. under that roof.

I guess it's a visibility blocker. There is another building that has problems, the high straw-roofed temple building, if you step in front of it, half of the background disappears

Has anyone found today and yesterdays update drastically reduced performance? I hate bringing this old thing up eacuse it starts arguments, but I have had to drop my view distance by half and I still am having trouble keeping 60 fps in the official campaign, which usually runs fine.

Can´t proof it but i got the same feeling....my overall fps seem a bit lower and i got the feeling of stuttering when zooming in without fps dropping.

Rumor has it there's a workaround for the map marker issue, is this true?

On DEV branche this was fixed 2-3 days ago. On the Apex one it´s still in.

• Like 1

Noticed that custom (modded) languages are no longer working and revert to default American English. Anybody else picked up on this? Has there been any language config changes that need to be updated for modders? 

seems like amphibious tracked physx is working on latest devbranch (swimming possible with any speed - not 1km/h like before) yet I haven't spotted any changes related in logs. any comment from devs, please? ;)

• Like 3

seems like amphibious tracked physx is working on latest devbranch (swimming possible with any speed - not 1km/h like before) yet I haven't spotted any changes related in logs. any comment from devs, please? ;)

This looks promising...! :O

• Like 1

Can´t proof it but i got the same feeling....my overall fps seem a bit lower and i got the feeling of stuttering when zooming in without fps dropping.

It really seems to have taken a hit-especially when compared with how well the game was running just after the visual update was added to Dev branch.I started playing the official campaign again the other day and I cannot even get 60 fps in that.This is my 3rd time playing it and I always maintained perfect fps in it before.

Also I just can't get over 50 fps on Tanoa in any mission even with all my settings turned way way down compared to Altis. 

I'm not complaining-Tanoa is by far the most stunning and impressive Island ever released for an Arma game-I just hope there will be a little more optimisation as I have a pretty good PC and am struggling to get 50 fps with settings on high and view distance down to 1000mtrs...

Spec: gtx 980

i54690k @ 4.2Ghz

16Gb Ram @ 2400Mhz

Arma and OS running on SSD 

It really seems to have taken a hit-especially when compared with how well the game was running just after the visual update was added to Dev branch.I started playing the official campaign again the other day and I cannot even get 60 fps in that.This is my 3rd time playing it and I always maintained perfect fps in it before.

Also I just can't get over 50 fps on Tanoa in any mission even with all my settings turned way way down compared to Altis. 

I'm not complaining-Tanoa is by far the most stunning and impressive Island ever released for an Arma game-I just hope there will be a little more optimisation as I have a pretty good PC and am struggling to get 50 fps with settings on high and view distance down to 1000mtrs...

Spec: gtx 980

i54690k @ 4.2Ghz

16Gb Ram @ 2400Mhz

Arma and OS running on SSD 

I also have same problem. Its more active while looking in the city, even if its not rendered fully (far away). Also saw that CUP Terrains (Takistan in example) is not rendering cities as it should - on OD 2500 and Overall Visiblity 3500M i cannot see the city standing in 2400M. Is this something with new rendering type?

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that a number of Tanoa buildings are no longer appearing on the map screen?

I can confirm significant FPS drop with the latest update. It's very visible for me and obvious as i upgraded the system slightly 2 days ago.

To set the ideal settings i spent hours running Yet Another Arma Benchmark with every possible setting. So, since i ran Arma the last time I spent another hour trying to find out what could I change to receive much worse results since previous runs. Now, I understand that it was caused by the update.

It's exactly 20% FPS drop for me in that benchmark.

Hopefully, that will be addressed.

• Like 1

I can confirm significant FPS drop with the latest update. It's very visible for me and obvious as i upgraded the system slightly 2 days ago.

To set the ideal settings i spent hours running Yet Another Arma Benchmark with every possible setting. So, since i ran Arma the last time I spent another hour trying to find out what could I change to receive much worse results since previous runs. Now, I understand that it was caused by the update.

It's exactly 20% FPS drop for me in that benchmark.

Hopefully, that will be addressed.

It's more than likely due to

• Tweaked: Blending of LODs of models was improved

There's always going to be a tradeoff between aggressive LOD switching and performance unfortunately.

To be honest the new blending indeed makes the LOD transitions much less jarring. It seems they're not being done with transparency but rather with a sort of progressive hatching. It's not quite as pretty but it's a pretty marked improvement over the previous system.

lodblend.jpg

• Like 2