You sure?

SMmjF0.png

The Trawler is placed right next to that big thing, which - unless I am blind - doesn't look like the Trawler at all.

What video is that from, and what time is it in the video?

Its from the video that shows in the new menu when you hover over the editor option.

What video is that from, and what time is it in the video?

It's in game.. taunting us, constantly...  :mellow:

• Like 2

Its from the video that shows in the new menu when you hover over the editor option.

If I knew what video that was, I wouldn't be asking you. LoL.

Can you please give me the name of the video, or provide a link to the video?

If I knew what video that was, I wouldn't be asking you. LoL.

Can you please give me the name of the video, or provide a link to the video?

He told you where it is. Go to the main menu screen and hover over the "editor" option with your mouse.

• Like 1

is there an improved cover system for AI?

i ask becuase of this video

https://youtu.be/0He3-UH09PI?t=20

or are those player, and there's the option to snap to cover?  I thought there was automatic changing crouch height to suit the kind of cover the player is behind. Having the ability to be able to peek out from the cover would be pretty nice and make using cover better.

It's a cutscene. The animations are already in the game- you can check them out with previewing animations from the editor.

I'm going a bit off-topic here, as this is not really feedback on the dev branch; but one thing I'd love to see, is for players to be able to interact with weaponholders underwater.

Arma3 introduced submarine assets, but right now the only thing we can do underwater, is shooting - provided that we have the right gear... :(

On this topic, might as well since i've been doing diving operations all day long on Tanoa, i wouldn't consider this off topic.

I believe something needs to be done with inventory underwater, because currently, it's not good. Having to swim to shore, stand up, go into inventory, do what i need to do, and then get back into the water, or do it by getting into a vehicle. Not very good. There needs to be a solution to introduce accessing inventory while underwater. The current system is too clunky, as well as any scripted solutions i've seen, while most servers won't even bother. As usual, a Vanilla approach is the absolute best.

• Like 4

question is the sneak preview still a thing or can i go back to normal dev branch to still get the weapons and vehicles and all the good stuff.

question is the sneak preview still a thing or can i go back to normal dev branch to still get the weapons and vehicles and all the good stuff.

The current Release Candidate branch was recently upgraded.  Dev branch continues to be updated daily however.  Both have all the content, Dev will just have more bug fixes.

• Like 1

Fixed: The ‘NEXT’ and ‘BACK’ buttons in the Tags settings would not work when publishing a scenario

That was quick. Thanks all mighty 3DEN devs.

Getting weird shadow bugs for the ornamental tyres around Tanoa. The shadows appear through the landscape and other objects.

tyrebug.jpg

• Like 1

Getting weird shadow bugs for the ornamental tyres around Tanoa. The shadows appear through the landscape and other objects.

tyrebug.jpg

Was just about to post the same find, it's pretty obvious so suspect they know already, but It's specifically the shadow on Land_Tyre_01_F that has the issue.

5mr7fH3y.jpg

EDIT: Seems to be related to where the tyre is on the z axis, so for example if you move a placed object version of the tyres on the ground then raise it up in the z axis all tyres on the map will have their shadows moved down in the z axis.

Bohemia Interactive improved the weird satelite textures that was realy annoying. Till now i could'nt spot any tile textures above the jungle area. :218:

Can you guys forward that Map Markers disabled in servers by default fix to the Sneak Preview Branch please? Because it's still a thing. Only one server was able to find a way around it, while others have their maps broken at random times.

Also, via the latest Sitrep ---

In our wildest dreams, we envisioned this feature to also mean you would drive up a vehicle ramp and park the vehicle manually. However, after experimenting with this and similar approaches, we learned it wouldn't be feasible to deliver, given reasonable resources. These attempts caused complex problems with AI, animations and physics. We want our engine-based features to be fully available for: AI, commanding, waypoints, multiplayer, Eden Editor, Zeus, mods, etc. That's why we've decided to implement the feature in a more abstracted way.

Please, BI, it's still possible to have us drive the vehicle into the aircraft and park it manually, at the same time as the AI being able to drive up behind the aircraft and load in from just outside of the load bay. The only time this would become dangerous and glitchy is if a player manually parks inside the loading bay at the same time an AI is going to load in the same spot for example. Would it actually create that much of an issue for the over all game to have the system mentioned? Can you guys elaborate more on why?

• Like 2

You sure?

SMmjF0.png

The Trawler is placed right next to that big thing, which - unless I am blind - doesn't look like the Trawler at all.

It could be the freighter from Take on Helicopters.

You can see it in this video.

https://youtu.be/jWg87xsyThQ?t=80

• Like 1

Hard to say. If it is, then at least the container setup is completely different. Also the freighter in the video has a huge smokestack on the back, which doesn't seem to be on the ship in the editor video.

PS: Wasn't the model data stuff released for use / conversion to ArmA3, like all the terrains, etc? Did the same happen for Take on Helicopters? I am kinda curious why apparently nobody ported the ship stuff over, as it looks kinda cool in any case.

• Like 1

Hard to say. If it is, then at least the container setup is completely different. Also the freighter in the video has a huge smokestack on the back, which doesn't seem to be on the ship in the editor video.

PS: Wasn't the model data stuff released for use / conversion to ArmA3, like all the terrains, etc? Did the same happen for Take on Helicopters? I am kinda curious why apparently nobody ported the ship stuff over, as it looks kinda cool in any case.

You have the binarized PBOs available, I'm guessing debinarizing/altering the models is still prohibited.

Hopefully someone from BI could clear this up.

Edit: Seems the data has the APL-SA license which means you can create adaptions of it for ArmA games, so I guess porting it to arma3 is possible?

Hey Dev's.

I have a arma 3 English version but I can use Japanese ver when changing language settings at Dev and 1.62 RC. So, That mean add Japanese for English ver by Spec? or Bug?

https://twitter.com/classic129/status/743797565561274368

Hi, that's no bug and a good spot! As of 1.62 we are adding the Japanese and Korean localization to the international distribution. Enjoy!

• Like 3

Hi, that's no bug and a good spot! As of 1.62 we are adding the Japanese and Korean localization to the international distribution. Enjoy!

And no dutch yet DnA :(

• Like 2

I would really like to see a "wet shader", so that roads, buildings and certain other surfaces would shine when raining. I really feel that is missing when traversing the maps during rainy weather!

• Like 5

Wow, That's a so Good news. I just starting for hunting terrible japanese.

• Like 1