Does somebody know how to find the freighter? If you watch the preview video of the editor in the main menu you can spot a freighter in Georgetown.

Damn, didn't noticed this one. Don't think the ship is in the game yet. At least I can't find it either. This gives me a lil bit of hope for more boat stuff.

Can you place markers? I've seen the same issue but I players can't place markers either. Hovering over the marker menu in the upper right shows a "disabled by server" message.

Are you using a custom difficulty setting?

I can't place markers either.  Found this on reddit and tried the suggestions but none worked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/4nabx6/solution_to_markers_not_showing_up_on_the_devbuild/

1.62 RC:

.RPT

5:58:45 Error in expression <(speed factor[4, 1] * water)>
 5:58:45   Error position: <* water)>
 5:58:45   Error *: Type Array, expected Number,Not a Number,Expression
 5:58:45 Error: Sound volume expression: (speed factor[4, 1] * water)

I just wanted to say that I really like the new light chest rig/ops vest thing.Can't remember the name right now, but I like it :)

• Like 1

I've got small question about Eden editor that bother me since it was in first devbranch.

When you are launching it for first tie, and placing first unit - does it freeze for few seconds at you guys? For me its ~3 seconds, didnt tested on SSD yet.

I'm on a SSD and it used to do that for me before the Apex dev build.

• Like 2

I'm on a SSD and it used to do that for me before the Apex dev build.

On my side, I remember having it since 3Den is out.

Does somebody know how to find the freighter? If you watch the preview video of the editor in the main menu you can spot a freighter in Georgetown.

That wasn't a freighter, it was the trawler, and it's in the game. It's somewhere under seaports I think. Search for trawler. 

Anyone else having issues with sounds after loading saved game files?  Mostly happening on Helis, but i have seen it on the Prowler as well... Example is the sound gets stuck on loop as heli is running when not, or after full startup of heli, the sound fades away

No one else seeing this?  Its happened like 2 or 3 times already.  Just haven't been able to pin point exactly how to replicate.  But when loading a saved game, whether from exit or from ingame tends to break the sounds (all vehicles).  This is annoying  :(

Does anyone have massive FPS drop on Tanoa when using maximum zoom in NATO tank gunner optics and commander? It seems to be tied to zoom level as lower zoom levels have better FPS and game tuns fine when not zoomed it.

That wasn't a freighter, it was the trawler, and it's in the game. It's somewhere under seaports I think. Search for trawler.

You sure?

SMmjF0.png

The Trawler is placed right next to that big thing, which - unless I am blind - doesn't look like the Trawler at all.

• Like 3

During that freeze when placing the first unit in the editor, the game seems to load a bunch of data mainly from anims*.pbos.

If you've played any mission or simply just have enabled the main menu intros, this processing is done as a part of the normal mission loading and is already in the memory.

This begs the question, could this be done within the initial editor loading because everyone is going to place units anyway. I'd rather wait 3 seconds longer when opening the editor than see the game completely frozen.

• Like 2

You got it right, sir - it should work not only on weapons assigned to turret, but also for the weapons assigned to "driver" of the vehicle (pilot in case of light helos / planes) :icon_twisted:

It should solve the issue with the planes

Can one of the devs explain this one? (looks at pettka ;))

I know maxHoldsterValue was the anim source paired with the holdsterAnimValue = 'VALUE'; controller in cfgweapons, for creating animated weapons bays on thinks like the Blackfoot. Did the source only take into account weapons that were assigned to a "turret" before or something, and now they work on weapons assigned to the main body of the vehicle?

Will it work on planes now? Didn't seem to work before, for a couple of people that tried.

I wish to revisit this question.  This does NOT appear to work with planes.  Could someone confirm this please?  I have attempted with both "airplane" and "airplaneX" to no avail.

Does anyone have massive FPS drop on Tanoa when using maximum zoom in NATO tank gunner optics and commander? It seems to be tied to zoom level as lower zoom levels have better FPS and game tuns fine when not zoomed it.

disable FSAA

anyone knows a way to increase screenshot folder size? https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-40#entry3037051

I wish to revisit this question. This does NOT appear to work with planes. Could someone confirm this please? I have attempted with both "airplane" and "airplaneX" to no avail.

it's working on RHS PAK-FA, F-22, Bradley tank and few other so it's definitely possible to use it on planes & tracked/wheeled vehicles

Try setting maxScreenShotFolderSizeMB in your Arma3Profile file. Not sure if it works or not but got the only string related to it in arma3.exe.

Captures a screenshot and stores it in \Documents\Arma 3\Screenshots\. If filename is empty, it will be auto-generated. Must have .png extension. Folder size is limited by "maxScreenShotFolderSizeMB" velu in profile.

• Like 1

Yes the same thing happens with sniper scopes.

Disable AtoC and max your shadow view distance (yes 200m is better than 50m in that case) helps a lot.

There's something that causes a huge load in GPU.

Try setting maxScreenShotFolderSizeMB in your Arma3Profile file. Not sure if it works or not but got the only string related to it in arma3.exe.

yay, it's working! Thank you so much!

anyone knows a way to increase screenshot folder size? https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-40#entry3037051

it's working on RHS PAK-FA, F-22, Bradley tank and few other so it's definitely possible to use it on planes & tracked/wheeled vehicles

Thank you sir!  I must be configuring it wrong :D

To precent that freeze in Eden, I usually start with -world=vr. Of course that will basically just move the wait from the editor to the game startup, but I personally find it much less annoying

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have this bug: vehicles have no sound after leaving the game, then go back and load a save game, I tried in editor without any mods, same thing happened. Is there a ticket for this?

I'm going a bit off-topic here, as this is not really feedback on the dev branch; but one thing I'd love to see, is for players to be able to interact with weaponholders underwater.

Arma3 introduced submarine assets, but right now the only thing we can do underwater, is shooting - provided that we have the right gear... :(

• Like 1

I'm going a bit off-topic here, as this is not really feedback on the dev branch; but one thing I'd love to see, is for players to be able to interact with weaponholders underwater.

Arma3 introduced submarine assets, but right now the only thing we can do underwater, is shooting - provided that we have the right gear... :(

You can script a solution.  Put down an ammo box, addAction it and have that spawn the weapon you wanted to recover or whatever.

Added: Geometric occluders to Altis and Stratis objects

I thought that was already added. So does Tanoa objects have Geometric occluders?

Does anyone have this bug: vehicles have no sound after leaving the game, then go back and load a save game, I tried in editor without any mods, same thing happened. Is there a ticket for this?

YES!! This would be my 3rd post now asking about this. Glad I'm not the only one.