The latest dev change log is the little splat icon in the bottom right corner just click on the version.

You can do that already. :)  Change it to whatever you want.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Main_Menu

Unfortunately QuickPlay, a feature that I personally will never ever use, is hard coded.  Would be nice to be able to point that to Recent Servers or whatever you have Favorited there instead. (Editor is hard coded too, but that's just fine heh)

I know, I even wrote that in the screenshot ;) However, I'd prefer not to write a mod for that.

The latest dev change log is the little splat icon in the bottom right corner just click on the version.

Yup, but it still open your web browser so it's not especially interesting. Opening Steam browser would be a little bit better, an internal window would be even better.

--EDIT 1 : Ok, i admit that it's not actually useful to have this.

--EDIT 2 : will other menus (e.g. list of single player mission) be overhauled too? Top and bottom bars could stay in place, and only tiles part would change. Bad Photoshop :

emLS2SR.png

You can do that already. :)  Change it to whatever you want.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Main_Menu

Unfortunately QuickPlay, a feature that I personally will never ever use, is hard coded.  Would be nice to be able to point that to Recent Servers or whatever you have Favorited there instead. (Editor is hard coded too, but that's just fine heh)

Quote from the above link : "World scene is a scenario shown behind main menu when a specific terrain is loaded. If you're playing on Altis and leave to main menu, Altis scene will be used."

This feature currently doesn't work on dev branch - it loads a black & white sat image when returning to the main menu from any terrain but Tanoa. Makes it impossible to test custom scenes. :(

EDIT : nevermind, the above was caused by my own mistakes. Looks like I need to define a few parameters in the config (like "bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Stratis.timeOfChanges"), but those don't seem to be documented?

re: new main menu UI, the exit button should, ideally, exist in the very top right corner, like every other application ever, so you can click it without needing to aim/point, just flick mouse diagonally right upwards and click. Use those corners, they're prime screen real-estate for that very reason.

• Like 2

After getting both my client and server running the dev branch (this was a bit tricky for some reason) i am getting the following errors in the server and client side reports:

Server Side (These are preventing my server auto restart .bat files from starting the server on their own because it requires user input to hit ok on a popup error window before the server launches. It pops the error window for the first line only.)

21:20:42 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVideoOptions/Benchmark.gpuDefaultResult'.
21:21:10 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
21:21:10 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVideoOptions/Benchmark.gpuResultLimits'.
21:21:10 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
21:21:10 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVideoOptions/Benchmark.cpuDefaultResult'.
21:21:10 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
21:21:10 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVideoOptions/Benchmark.cpuResultLimits'.
21:21:10 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/DefaultWorld.seaBedUnderwaterDepth'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/Cursor.dimmTactPingStartTime'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/Cursor.dimmTactPingEndTime'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgActions.VTOLVectoring'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.priority'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.show'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.showWindow'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.hideOnUse'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.shortcut'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.text'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.textDefault'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.textSimple'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgActions.VTOLVectoringCancel'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.priority'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.show'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.showWindow'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.hideOnUse'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.shortcut'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.text'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.textDefault'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.textSimple'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.scope'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon GunParticles with scope=private
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.displayName'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.nameSound'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.type'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.picture'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.Library'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.model'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.simulation'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightDuration'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightIntensity'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightDiffuse'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightAmbient'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.weaponLockDelay'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.weaponLockSystem'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.cmImmunity'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.weight'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.lockingTargetSound'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.lockedTargetSound'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.detectRange'.
21:21:12 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.muzzles'.

Client Side (The first group of errors generate an in-game pop-up error at the main menu. The second group of errors generate an in-game pop-up error during the loading process into my server using the Tanoa map. The second group of errors also stops the mission from loading any further and you cannot press ok on this window as it does nothing. The second group of errors effectively prevents anyone from joining the server.)

21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.scope'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
21:22:06 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon GunParticles with scope=private
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.displayName'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.nameSound'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.type'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.picture'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.Library'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.model'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.simulation'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightDuration'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightIntensity'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightDiffuse'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.fireLightAmbient'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.weaponLockDelay'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.weaponLockSystem'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.cmImmunity'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.weight'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.lockingTargetSound'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.lockedTargetSound'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.detectRange'.
21:22:06 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/GunParticles.muzzles'.
21:22:47 Warning Message: Cannot open object a3\props_f_exp\military\oldplanewrecks\historicalplanewreck_02_rear_water_f.p3d
21:22:47 Warning Message: Cannot open object a3\props_f_exp\military\oldplanewrecks\historicalplanewreck_02_front_water_f.p3d

I am trying to run this server with the Exile Mod only, however, all of the errors appear to be related to the Apex Dev Branch. If you would like any additional information in regard to these errors or how the server is configured, please contact me via discord https://discord.gg/0bfJoi0XaNhjEzc5. You will find me under the username Ultima-weapon. Until I can get past these errors, I cannot get my development server up and going. Thanks.

I've also been experiencing issues with .lip files

There has been an attempt to optimize the LIP system, which seems to have worked for short files, but not long ones so far. It's being investigated.

• Like 3

I wish we could directly open an editor mission from the main menu. Also the file-open window for opening editor missions could be bigger.

ArmA could do much more here. It could offer the PBOs in A3\[MP]Missions for opening in the editor as well. I.e., ArmA would support the user more: de-pbo to temp mission (how many users know how to de-pbo?) and open it in editor; then if user clicks "save" -> "save to temp plus export to pbo and overwrite old pbo" - "save as" just as it is now.

Somone ordered the hangars in the wrong size.

ADggNVb.jpg

• Like 5

I am so confused; I've been trying to make an alternative scene for Stratis as per this guide : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Main_Menu

But all I have is error messages when loading Stratis or going back to the main menu from stratis.

d6e54a6e-7774-4e3a-b4f9-2676894a3259.jpg 54a001c0-77ea-490c-b8de-93ea547e4cdb.jpg 8bf047be-ed2a-4b99-9833-01ff5355b006.jpg

Either I or the guide missed something...

EDIT : Ok so the errors were caused by a simple inheritence problem; but I still can't get Stratis to show :

8bf047be-ed2a-4b99-9833-01ff5355b006.jpg

It seems that the number of items you carry significantly affects FPS, which I haven't observed earlier.

With 86x 9mm pistol magazines, the FPS as measured by BIS_fnc_fps drops by ~4 (on the VR map) compared to no gear. If you add ie. 10000 SmokeShells via setUnitLoadout, the FPS drops by ~30. Don't know if this is expected (something calculating weight for all items every frame), but it's much more pronounced with some modded items (like ACE3 medical) in much smaller quantities (~400 total = ~50 FPS drop).

As far as I can tell, this seems to be on 1.60 as well, was this always the case?

• Like 3

It seems that the number of items you carry significantly affects FPS, which I haven't observed earlier.

With 86x 9mm pistol magazines, the FPS as measured by BIS_fnc_fps drops by ~4 (on the VR map) compared to no gear. If you add ie. 10000 SmokeShells via setUnitLoadout, the FPS drops by ~30. Don't know if this is expected (something calculating weight for all items every frame), but it's much more pronounced with some modded items (like ACE3 medical) in much smaller quantities (~400 total = ~50 FPS drop).

As far as I can tell, this seems to be on 1.60 as well, was this always the case?

I never noticed it before, hopefully it is not a permanent thing.

Does anyone know what the 5GB update today is about?Changelog says nothing, but my Arma3 just got a huge download.

• Like 1

I just finished a 'Pilgrimage' mission where what you described happened to me. I had no idea what was causing the slow downs, but now I think I do.Thanks for posting that. I was carrying around tons of loot around on me and my vic.

Edit: on 1.60  BIS fix this please!

• Like 1

I think items in inventories are rendered in 3D eventhough you can't see them. It's always been the case AFAIK.

• Like 1

There has been an attempt to optimize the LIP system, which seems to have worked for short files, but not long ones so far. It's being investigated.

That's great to hear :D Thank you very much for the update!

• Like 1

I think items in inventories are rendered in 3D eventhough you can't see them. It's always been the case AFAIK.

Well that stinks...This could be a huge performance gain if they fix that...no?

Has someone reported this?  Or will you?

• Added: Hex and Green Hex variants of CAR-95, CAR-95 GL, and CAR-95-1

Nice, they look good.

On a somewhat related note; using the GL sights of the CAR-95 while wearing hex fatigues causes something to block your view.

Well that stinks...This could be a huge performance gain if they fix that...no?

Has someone reported this?  Or will you?

I'm not sure it's glitch per say - Arma ain't no loot farming simulator and most missions won't spawn thousands of items.

Besides, scripted solutions exist, like waiting for a box/inventory to be opened before actually spawning items.

If this is true I think I'm entitled to a refund.

You can always suggest that BIS change it, but I don't know how much work is involved on the engine level...

If this is true I think I'm entitled to a refund.

I'd really hate getting used to all the other military simulations and learn their scripting languages. All the milsims which offer the same features like ArmA. I think I'd struggle to decide which one to use.

Back OnT: Yeah, rendering inventory items in 3D, even though you do not see them, stinks, I hope there can be something done about it. Some slightly related problems: ArmA rendering underground building models (with destroyed model over ground). ArmA rendering scenery which you cannot see, e.g. behind dense foliage. Especially worth mentioning in Vietnam maps, or Tanoa.

But I don't know if both cases have been improved. 2nd one especially after Tanoa has been released...

• Like 1

Yeah, disable ALL mods, they need to be updated.

I'm suprised of name of build showing on loading - "Main Build" instead of "Stable build" - is that mean there will be no more updates after 1.62?

Thanks. I should've figured that issue out myself. Feel a bit silly now...

• Like 1

And of all the addon makers who "HAVE" been keeping their mods up to date, should they be equally made to re write all their configs, for being smart enough to keep tabs on their addons?

It's a catch 22, it's NOT BiS responsibility to make sure their configs are in line with the modders, it's the other way around mate, it sucks I know, as many addon makers have dropped off the radar, so their addons will throw this "author" error, and as you have stated, it can adversely effect the game stability. 

BiS are damned if they do, and damned if they don't, and addon makers with this error are oblivious to the issue, if they're no longer around.

Todays changelog.

• Added: Support for addons with author defined as array in the missing addons screen
  • Like 1

From today's dev change log:

Fixed: The Thermal Imagery mode would not reflect the shape of the Night Vision Goggles

I didn't see that as being "broken".  It night vision looks way better full screen, as it would be IRL.

Fixed: The head tracking zoom had incorrect sensitivity (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117550)

is this not being fixed in the todays patch of the sneak preview? checked it, and the trackir bug is still present.

isn´t devbranch equal to the sneak preview, maybe i am wrong here...

• Like 1