The MAP in Dev Branch is half broken. You can join a server and have the map work, for example you have locations marked during a certain mission. But if you leave that server and join another, you get an error pertaining to the Map-Line Drawing-permissions, which i'm guessing break the entire Map. Nothing appears on map, no missions, or Points of Intrest. Just, plain map. You can't mark anything on map either, no waypoints, or dots, and ultimately, no lines. Changing game difficulty doesn't do anything either, so i'm guessing this has to do with a toggle for permissions to line draw, which i assume is broken. If true it should prevent only line drawing, not marking on the map as a whole, as well as seeing important events, and markers that are already preset.

Let's not forget original OP....

• Dev-Branch is not final software; content and technology is subject to change and may still contain errors/ lack certain features.
  • Dev-Branch may have special profiling tools enabled which, ironically, impact performance while being used to profile performance issues.
  • Next to that there is the real possibility that any new feature / fix temporarily affects performance in an unintended manner
  • Like 3

Is it just me, or does the current devbranch again exhibit the AI not driving problem ? I place a car, put in some dudes, give it a waypoint, and the car doesn't move

All Chinese voices sound the same, all French voices sound the same, and all French English voices sound the same. I really hope this isn't what we're getting when Apex releases.

The radio protocol samples from the recording sessions are still being processed, so you're indeed not yet hearing the final / full set.

• Like 6

Is it just me, or does the current devbranch again exhibit the AI not driving problem ? I place a car, put in some dudes, give it a waypoint, and the car doesn't move

I experienced that too. Had to use doMove to get it working.

• Tweaked: The speed of AI driving through waypoints in limited speed was optimized

Has this had some flow on effect to footbound AI? With this latest dev release I've noticed with my various scripts which assign waypoints to footbound civilians and combatants, everyone is now running all the time, regardless of setspeedmode "LIMITED"

I've done a bit more testing and it does seem that single footbound AI are totally ignoring setspeedmode when given waypoints manually in the editor, via scripts, or via functions such as BIS_fnc_taskpatrol or  CBA_fnc_taskPatrol. If you put down a larger group and assign it waypoints by any of these methods, then the individuals will honour the setspeedmode command and not just run everywhere. If you give a group with 2 units some waypoints, then they'll run 50% of the time. Strange!

I've done a bit more testing and it does seem that single footbound AI are totally ignoring setspeedmode when given waypoints manually in the editor, via scripts, or via functions such as BIS_fnc_taskpatrol or  CBA_fnc_taskPatrol. If you put down a larger group and assign it waypoints by any of these methods, then the individuals will honour the setspeedmode command and not just run everywhere. If you give a group with 2 units some waypoints, then they'll run 50% of the time. Strange!

Fixed in version 136898, thanks for spotting. I've changed limitedSpeedCoef for too many classes

• Like 2

Came across this bug three times. It all involved crouching. Crouching and possibly in changing stuff around inventory or get injured while crouching and in inventory . Locks your player to crouch and you cannot move. Only way to break it is a kill and revive. May have been reported don't have time to check.

Has happened on both apex sneak preview and latest Dev as of this post.

Anybody experiencing this?

It happens when standing near, or inside, certain buildings. That particular building is "Land_Slum_05_F".

• Like 1

There is something up with the 'say' and 'say3d' commands since the development build as a3 vanilla does not have the issue. ie player say "howdy"; or player say ["howdy", 1];

Playback of .ogg files results in accelerated speech that sounds like the chipmonks.

Using playSound "howdy"; does not exhibit the same behaviour.

Please tell me someone else has seen this issue. I can try send a mission for replication if required.

EDIT: I have replicated the issue in a simple mission if you don't already have an instance!

EDIT: I think I found the issue-> .lip files are seemingly creating the issue.

EDIT: Creating new .lip files with the latest tools does NOT fix the problem, so I assume it is something to do with the processing of the .ogg and .lip files.

Thanks,

Rough

I've also been experiencing issues with .lip files, except with the KBtell system. Audio is fine but lip movement is choppy and not working as it should. I first thought it was a corrupted .lip file, but tried replacing them and still had the same problem. Finally, it occurs in the East Wind campaign too; so seems to be a dev branch bug.

I've started a ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117758.

Rough - can you confirm the lip syncing speed (not the audio) in the main campaign? :) I don't think the devs use 'say' and 'say3D' very often now, but the .lip files do seem off!

It happens when standing near, or inside, certain buildings. That particular building is "Land_Slum_05_F".

Yeah, looks like occlusion culling is a bit off. It happens too with a few structures from Altis/Stratis.

Is it intended that missions saved from Eden whilst having foliage hidden persists to the in-game mission?

Yes, many of the new buildings have issues with incorrect occlusion of other objects. I've reported seven other buildings that have occlusion issues on the bug tracker. I'll add a report for that building also.

Several building types on Altis also had issues, but they eventually got fixed.

EDIT: Unable to reproduce any issues, even in that location. Strange.

Edited by ceeeb

Fixed in version 136898, thanks for spotting. I've changed limitedSpeedCoef for too many classes

Hi klamacz. I just tried 136889 and the AI are still running about as described previously. Maybe I should wait until 136898 :)

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add an option in your profile to have different faces for different factions? So you could e.g. have an Iranian face for the arid CSAT units, a chinese face for the tropic CSAT units, a black face for Syndikat etc.? As it is right now you have to overwrite the user preference in the editor and manually assign fitting faces for the mission.

Aiming with a weapon wich has any kind of scope mounted on it causes issues when using any PPcolorCorrection effect :

11a08d70-0e14-4299-9e5c-9a132ce756e9.jpg

It's been like that for a while...

Thats very odd bug, related to buildings/objects, its present since i remember. Most noticeable on some corners of some buildings.

Since Sneak preview I get the following message when starting Arma 3 (it pop up at the start screen of the game):

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/iteminfo.scope'.

Is this "normal" for the sneak preview?

Since Sneak preview I get the following message when starting Arma 3 (it pop up at the start screen of the game):

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/iteminfo.scope'.

Is this "normal" for the sneak preview?

Yeah, disable ALL mods, they need to be updated.

I'm suprised of name of build showing on loading - "Main Build" instead of "Stable build" - is that mean there will be no more updates after 1.62?

• Like 1

Got a bug with the campaign:

https://a.pomf.cat/tffbbb.webm

Loading east wind missions ends up loading prologue missions.

Also, on rare occasions the main menu screen shows prologue campaign under the play button, when clicking on play the only campaign available is the prologue.

I'm suprised of name of build showing on loading - "Main Build" instead of "Stable build" - is that mean there will be no more updates after 1.62?

"Main Build" is probably in opposition to "Sneak preview"

I'm pretty sure it has always been "Main build". Whereas "Stable" and "Experimental" are Dayz branch names.

Recently I have been having problem to get (non-virtual) artillery support module to work, it worked before. Everything is synced. I have a Scorcher, Mortar and Sandstorm, but none show up in support tab, though virtual does.

EDIT: Now they show up but have no option to choose how many rounds and can therefore not order artillery. Very inconsistent behaviour...

Main Menu Feedback:

1. - There are currently three ways to open the expansion menu. Wouldn't one be enough?  I hate menus which are cluttered with 10 buttons for one and the same thing!
  2. - The campaign quickplay button should be replaced with the Single Mission menu shortcut
  3. - The open Steam Workshop button (lower left) should have a distinguishable icon. Maybe the Steam icon if copyright allows that.
  4. - Please create a default window where modders can display latest infos about their mods (or whatever). That would assure to have a default style for every mod.

Screenshot with further explanations:

HSeiuHX.jpg

Main Menu Feedback:

1. - The campaign quickplay button should be replaced with the Single Mission menu shortcut

You can do that already. :)  Change it to whatever you want.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Main_Menu

Unfortunately QuickPlay, a feature that I personally will never ever use, is hard coded.  Would be nice to be able to point that to Recent Servers or whatever you have Favorited there instead. (Editor is hard coded too, but that's just fine heh)

What about displaying last dev changelog somewhere on this menu, or "recent events" like in top-right corner with the older main menu?

As I said on twitter, Main menu interface is too small with "small" interface size, but in-game HUD is too big with "normal" size. What about making "small' a little bigger in main menu, if it's possible?

Aside of it, it's really intuitive and beautiful. I wonder how we did to use the old interface without thinking about it :D