Just noticed there is a config "cfgMovesWomen"... Is it a new thing?

I guess this is just BIS sense of humor. A realy bad joke.

Just noticed there is a config "cfgMovesWomen"... Is it a new thing?

There's plenty of these as women were going to be included in the first release. There's even a video somewhere around pre-alpha or earlier in which the player is controlling a woman (just running around) for a couple of seconds.

- The error message "Author\ is not a value" is still all over the place (IIRC an Editor vs. custom maps thing).

- Still no visible circle in map view when we use "Placement radius" in the Editor

- The unit placement, when not fully zoomed, is weird. Because it centers the group icon, the unit is placed to the right somehwhere

There is something up with the 'say' and 'say3d' commands since the development build as a3 vanilla does not have the issue. ie player say "howdy"; or player say ["howdy", 1];

Playback of .ogg files results in accelerated speech that sounds like the chipmonks.

Using playSound "howdy"; does not exhibit the same behaviour.

Please tell me someone else has seen this issue. I can try send a mission for replication if required.

EDIT: I have replicated the issue in a simple mission if you don't already have an instance!

EDIT: I think I found the issue-> .lip files are seemingly creating the issue.

EDIT: Creating new .lip files with the latest tools does NOT fix the problem, so I assume it is something to do with the processing of the .ogg and .lip files.

Thanks,

Rough

Edited by FruitBat

- The error message "Author\ is not a value" is still all over the place (IIRC an Editor vs. custom maps thing).

- Still no visible circle in map view when we use "Placement radius" in the Editor

- The unit placement, when not fully zoomed, is weird. Because it centers the group icon, the unit is placed to the right somehwhere

The author thing is up to the community to fix their configs, haven't seen that error in vanilla content at all.

I'm seeing the placement radius on the map view in Eden Editor using 1.63.136817

Not sure I understand what you mean with unit placement.  I'm able to move or place groups by their group icon or leader or any selected and dragged unit in the group.  Got an example?

Playback of .ogg files results in accellerated speech that sounds like the chipmonks.

I saw that in a friends mission, but what was odd is that only one speaker had it happen.  I'll check the codes to see if it was using the same format for both.

• Like 1

I saw that in a friends mission, but what was odd is that only one speaker had it happen.  I'll check the codes to see if it was using the same format for both.

Looks like the .lip files are causing the issue. I imported my .lip files from a mission were they where working in Arma3 strangely.

All Chinese voices sound the same, all French voices sound the same, and all French English voices sound the same. I really hope this isn't what we're getting when Apex releases.

All Chinese voices sound the same, all French voices sound the same, and all French English voices sound the same. I really hope this isn't what we're getting when Apex releases.

You may want to mention this in the audio dev thread..

I love doing that while idle so that it stops annoying camera movement (in first person) and that animation where the guy will wipe his brow. If it is a bug I hope it doesn't get fixed

This sounds like what it works like in Arma 3 now, and it is imo very annoying, not realistic at all, because the animation is over the top repeating itself, constantly without pause, ever, forever.

One would think it could be cool sitting crouched by a bush with the weapons lowered, however, the implementation of the animations are so badly done that the animations keep repeating without pause, *making it impossible to SIT STILL* with weapons lowered.

I am not 100% sure what the two of you are discussing.

It sounds to me, like you like raising the weapon to avoid having the weapons-lowered-animations playing. Am I right? This sounds backwards to me.

I don't want to sound overly negative here, but this weapons-lowered-idle-animations in Arma 3 is something that has been bothering me for a very long time.

Having re-read the posts, I think the three of us actually agree (me, R3vo, somesanghili), the idle animations are annoying.

One nice thing about lowering your weapon, when you are trying to stay in cover next to a bush, is that your rifle won't stick out forwards from the bush as much as when you have lowered the weapon, but ofc, after lowering the weapon, the character goes spastic with idle animation, being anything BUT idle. :|

Having re-read the posts, I think the three of us actually agree (me, R3vo, somesanghili), the idle animations are annoying.

No kidding! :P

Hi, there is a new thread for gathering feedback related to Vehicle in Vehicle Transport functionality, so you can discuss this new feature there. We are grateful for all  your valuable, constructive and civil feedback. Thanks.  :)

• Like 5

You may want to mention this in the audio dev thread..

If all the voices really sound the same, I find it hard to believe the devs haven't noticed that :)

The author thing is up to the community to fix their configs, haven't seen that error in vanilla content at all.

I'm seeing the placement radius on the map view in Eden Editor using 1.63.136817

Not sure I understand what you mean with unit placement.  I'm able to move or place groups by their group icon or leader or any selected and dragged unit in the group.  Got an example?

- Author thing: If BIS does not implement some fallback code, they will generate users asking for support... for years. We all know, unknown # of modders content will never be fixed. Should be BIS' interest to not have author error messages on the users ArmA. Also every shitty error message may have people wasting hours of their life time by seeking for bugs, searching WWW, etc. etc. If this can be avoided, it should be avoided. I mean, they will appear here, they will be maybe treated unfriendly like "the lazy modders should change their configs, you bastard and learn to google", followed by the typical spiral ending in a ban. All useless.

- Vanilla dev branch ArmA, start map (starts in map view here), add Nato - Ammo Bearer, change placement radius, e.g. to 1000m: no circle here. Annoys me since a while.

- Yeah, when you drag and then drop above unit, that "Alpha 1-1" group marker left to the unit icon seems to be below your mouse. Unit is to the right of your mouse. But it's just irritating. If you zoom in you see, the unit has been placed exactly below the mouse. So not a problem.

BUG: I have to click the top right X in Eden multiple times to exit Eden. Since a while.

• Like 1

I agree. I really don't understand why BIS won't allow the old way to not at least shoot an error with the author is not a value message.

I've experimented with this a lot and it is not a harmless error.

Tons of mods that aren't currently broken that aren't being supported will break due to this. It's senseless.

• Like 3

I agree. I really don't understand why BIS won't allow the old way to not at least shoot an error with the author is not a value message.

I've experimented with this a lot and it is not a harmless error.

Tons of mods that aren't currently broken that aren't being supported will break due to this. It's senseless.

And of all the addon makers who "HAVE" been keeping their mods up to date, should they be equally made to re write all their configs, for being smart enough to keep tabs on their addons?

It's a catch 22, it's NOT BiS responsibility to make sure their configs are in line with the modders, it's the other way around mate, it sucks I know, as many addon makers have dropped off the radar, so their addons will throw this "author" error, and as you have stated, it can adversely effect the game stability. 

BiS are damned if they do, and damned if they don't, and addon makers with this error are oblivious to the issue, if they're no longer around.

I'd like to suggest a feature for the SDV; is it possible to make it use the raise/lower turret keys instead of an action for the periscope?

• Like 3

There are some new "actMiller..." animations in the cutscene category. I don't think I've seen them before, so I'll guess this might be Apex material?

Stuff like Miller knockout, Miller running to a desk and covering, Miller waving in a helicopter, etc

/Edit: Also "Acts_SupportTeam..." and some syndikat related animations.

Couple of bugs in dev branch for me (as of when I installed apex)

1 - Scripted  Markers can't be seen (in MP).  They are in the allMapMarkers array but don't display on the map.  (I checked the marker alphas and it's not that).

2 - AI squads refuse to patrol - they get to their first waypoint and stand there forever saying "covering go", "go I'm covering" etc.

Edit: patrols are fine (that was my bug, not yours), but marker bug is happening - checked on Stable and markers appear fine, but on dev they don't. 

From the new dev branch:

Tweaked: Opening of ramps has been disabled for vehicle transport variants of the VTOLs

Honestly, WHY ? Just because you can't drive up the ramp, you remove the ability to open it ? Why ?

• Like 3

1 - Scripted  Markers can't be seen (in MP).  They are in the allMapMarkers array but don't display on the map.  (I checked the marker alphas and it's not that).

Can you place markers? I've seen the same issue but I players can't place markers either. Hovering over the marker menu in the upper right shows a "disabled by server" message.

Are you using a custom difficulty setting?

I'm re-downloading DB so will check in a bit.

I haven't tried placing markers on the map as a player - I'll give it a check.

The difficulty setting is custom, but it hasn't changed between stable and dev, so maybe they enabled something on DB - I'll have a look as well when it downloads.

The MAP in Dev Branch is half broken. You can join a server and have the map work, for example you have locations marked during a certain mission. But if you leave that server and join another, you get an error pertaining to the Map-Line Drawing-permissions, which i'm guessing break the entire Map. Nothing appears on map, no missions, or Points of Intrest. Just, plain map. You can't mark anything on map either, no waypoints, or dots, and ultimately, no lines. Changing game difficulty doesn't do anything either, so i'm guessing this has to do with a toggle for permissions to line draw, which i assume is broken. If true it should prevent only line drawing, not marking on the map as a whole, as well as seeing important events, and markers that are already preset.

• Tweaked: The speed of AI driving through waypoints in limited speed was optimized

Has this had some flow on effect to footbound AI? With this latest dev release I've noticed with my various scripts which assign waypoints to footbound civilians and combatants, everyone is now running all the time, regardless of setspeedmode "LIMITED"