testing the new vehicles:

1) light strike vehicles - the gunner animations are twitchy as fuck, really eyestraining.

2) sound for the CSAT LSV's minigun in first person is barely audible (only motor sound, no weapon bang)

3) rotors on Nato VTOL have alpha issues with the fog 

20160613224753_1lmpv0.jpg

4) interior of CSAT VTOL intanftry has strange artifacts (varying with camera position)

20160613230922_1y5rqg.jpg

5) pilotseat cockpit of CSAT VTOL has "holes" in the frontwindow on the bottom

20160613231808_1s1rok.jpg

6) Right "Data" panel of copilot/gunner cockpit of CSAT VTOL has z-fighting issues (display looks striped)

7) On CSAT VTOL Smoke effect from the rear Turbines does not follow the VTOL animation (because it's impossible to animate particle memorypoints in general, apart from weapon smoke memory points)

8) On NATO VTOL armed version, the camera position for the 105mm /20mm minigun gunner is poorly placed (half of the view is obscured by the gun model).

how is the Vehicle in Vehicle load in working?

can somebody give me a hint?

Working fine for Jeza:

• Like 20

Working fine for Jeza:

Lol :P Works exactly as intended, it's not a bug, it's a feature!

Working fine for Jeza:

That LSV has sooooome torque lol

ENVG-II nvg : in second thermal mode, glasses are raised instead of staying in front of characters' eyes.

Pleased to see the old camo Ghost Hawk return...

arma3_ctrg_camo_mod_uh80_ghosthawk.jpg

^CTRG camo MOD

EDIT: Since there is a reference to 'Dazzle' in the camo options on the new blufor buggy, I'd go for some consistency and call this camo 'Dazzle' on all instances (heli's, inf, etc); Razzle Dazzle, or Dazzle Painting, has its foot in naval warfare history - so it's not that far fetched in this Pacific theater... :)

OK I'm sure I'm going to feel stupid when you tell me, but how the !@#$ are you guys accessing this new content?!?! None of it is in the Eden editor as far as I can tell, and hunting through cfgvehicles is similarly unedifying.

OK I'm sure I'm going to feel stupid when you tell me, but how the !@#$ are you guys accessing this new content?!?! None of it is in the Eden editor as far as I can tell, and hunting through cfgvehicles is similarly unedifying.

BI have released an Apex Release Candidate for testing (and so far failed to announce it through the Dev Hub or in-game announcements)

BI have released an Apex Release Candidate for testing (and so far failed to announce it through the Dev Hub or in-game announcements)

Thanks mate. Any reason why we can't access the new content in dev? I've downloaded so many GB lately!

Working fine for Jeza:

They didn't define which vehicle would be loaded onto which.  :P

• Like 2

Thanks mate. Any reason why we can't access the new content in dev? I've downloaded so many GB lately!

I feel your pain, my monthly download quota is nearly used up already. Yay for data limits!

I just switched from Dev build to RC, which is a 3.0GB download.

Did you got to steam and subscribe to apex preview branch...

It will download 3 more gbs

somebody plz help me. whenever i launch arma 3 in dev branch theis pops up i have already tried everything on the wiki plz help

0xC000012F - STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_NOT_MZ

Current Dev-Branch and Sneak Peak Branch, there's a map glitch where if a map is running missions that have certain events that are suppose to show up on the map, they don't. You can join the server, and sometimes there will be events on map, but most of the time, you won't see anything on map.

Also, going crouched with no weapon and press any direction key will force you to stand.

I have found some issues with the new assets:

Protector 9mm - no movement of the cocking handle if you shoot: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117791

Non-reciprocating charging handle? They are around.

I think all HK weapons have Non-reciprocating charging handles, I know at least all g3's and the mp5 family have that.

The AKM does more damage than the ak-74u. In reality the 7.62x39 has poor ballistics in respect to flesh damage, and excels in penetration. The 5.45 has much better ballistics because of tumbling effect, but is not good for penetrating armor and buildings. 

The short barrel of the ak74u should not affect the ballistics to an extent that is meaningful at medium range, yet it takes 2-3 shots on unarmored targets, while the AKM manages 1-2. 

The 7.62x39 should do less damage and have a higher armor penetration coefficient, while the 5.45 should be the inverse. I'm not sure how BIS did it in ARMA 2, but i know for RHS that is how the current damage model stands. 

Hell's Horses! The y32 xi'an autopilot landing is amazing.

Here's a question though, I'm still thinking of a way to test this, but: IFF the Pilot & gunner are killed... can the autopilot take over and land the aircraft+remaining crew? If so, could you also define which airfield; or is it always nearest? Or nearest to its original spawn?

edit: I never use jets in arma so if the others have it, I've been missing out on coolness

edit2: So I'm a scrubby noob and this has always been a thing. HOWEVER: if you kill the pilots, autopilot does not take over. If you're the pilot, and you enable autopilot, then kill yourself via setDamage, the autopilot still does not take over. This should totally be a thing. Maybe as an optional feature.

• Like 1

I think all HK weapons have Non-reciprocating charging handles, I know at least all g3's and the mp5 family have that.

BIS loves reciprocating charging handles - see Sting SMG or the TRG rifle (both of these don't have reciprocating charging handles irl)

Loving the new content for the most part. So nice. A little gripe, that I was curious if anyone else had. It really bothers me that the stock is sitting off of the shoulder lol. I like the mag well grip well enough, but just not a fan of it floating near the cheek like hes using an AR pistol with a brace on it ;)

IE:

Qgc95fs.jpg

Vanschmoozin, Yeah, they either need to extend the butt stock, or change the memory point (which would have more serious implications for all other weapons addons)

When using AFM, the Falcon drone's HUD does not show increments in collective raise/lower.

qTfuwrU.png

When using AFM, the Falcon drone's HUD does not show increments in collective raise/lower.

This is actually a more complex issue - collective is used for AFM only and it doesn't make sense to us to have a drone using AFM technology - drones have a complex software simplifying the input to standard flight model levels :icon_twisted: