1.  Total opposite for me.  Flicking my eyes downward is much more comfortable than looking up at the top of the screen.  Then again I've been using STHud for years, so am used to it there.

2.  How come?  (Still at work, haven't had a chance to try it yet)

3.  STHud does this.  I get lost since I forget to use my real compass!

4.  Sure, more options are always nice.

I'm pretty sure posture and glasses contributes to my wanting more things at the bottom of the screen. :)

Right but doesn't ST Hud cover up the grouped AI units if you're using a rather large AI squad? I seem to recall it doing so but it's been a couple months since I used it.

Thanks

I have to say I actually like the implemention, though I'd like to see 2 tweaks:

1. In my opinion the radar should be at the very top of the screen in the center, same position as the vehicle radar. For me, that's the only place where it's not distracting.
  2. When the compass or any other GUI element is opened, the radar should be hidden temporily
  3. It should be hidden when the group is empty
  4. (Nice to have) Make it toggleable

1. Everything on you HUD can be moved as easily as clicking and dragging the box. Here's a video I did while at Response Force Alpha explaining how to do it

2. Sounds fair

3. As with others and used to using STHud which wouldn't show unless you're in a group. I actually liked BI's method of having it up even when you're not. I love STHud and find it an essential mod, so its nice to BI implementing it as a vanilla item

4. Good idea. However, because I'm an old fart, by the time I looked up the key to toggle it, I could click the box to make it viewable......................lol

I think that if they are implementing the shacktac hud they should also add the in world colored indicators for friendlies, it's weird having people be colored on the radar but not when you look at them.

I also think they could smoothen the falloff for how the group indicators fade, since that makes it easier to tell how distant people are from you, which is especially useful in CQB.

http://imgur.com/a/HOB6b

In the shacktac version you can clearly see that friendlies are some distance from you, while with vanilla the indicator is the same as if he were next to you.

Also the scaling of the radar does not fit the size in the layout editor.

I like new Shift + T feature(Pointing) but please do it like the ACE have it medium sized circle  which is gonna focus people on the  certain area. This small ( ! ) sign is really weird and  not helping a lot only my thought!  But either way thank you for listening for feedback from us. Shacktac hud,Pointing,drawing on map,visual update...This is getting better and better :)

EDIT: Reason i made this comment was because  for example if i place Ping somewhere far on the map,my buddy is gonna see it but when he looks at it that thing is gona be right in his place obscuring the real target if you know what i mean. And as you can see on  Fadi image when we used ACE it made a circle to get your focus on that spot,and if something happened your vision is not obscured.  Just my thoughts 

• Like 2

I like new Shift + T feature(Pointing) but please do it like the ACE have it medium sized circle  which is gonna focus people on the  certain area. This small ( ! ) sign is really weird and  not helping a lot only my thought!  But either way thank you for listening for feedback from us. Shacktac hud,Pointing,drawing on map,visual update...This is getting better and better :)

i thought someone was hacking the first time i saw that

Not here. 30/60 switch, isn't that just a VSync thing? I once experienced some delay (click->shoot IIRC) when I used VSync and since then I'm simply capping FPS at 60 (with NVidia Inspector) and don't use VSync.

I assumed it was a VSync thing, but it only happens on Tanoa-nowhere else.Usually my fps when it drops will drop to 50 ish and bounce a bit.But here it is straight from 60 to 30 and stays there.then back to 60 again. I was worried BI had introduced that mad adaptive thing like Ubisoft did with AC4 where there was nothing between 30 and 60 ;)

It's nice to see the squad radar and tactical ping added to the game. The mod equivalents to both (STHud and ACE Finger respectively) have been pretty helpful.

It would be nice to have an outline or background to the radar element. Under certain conditions, influenced by terrain or weather, the current version can get pretty hard to read.

Two examples for what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/DMKFK4p.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oMZGixE.jpg

Then just move it lower. :D

And what's the new left shift+T? "Tactical ping"? You can point things with it?

Can AI see the ping?

Can AI see the ping?

No.

The normal "observe position" command is meant for that.

I think this Tactical Ping (Shift + T) thing is a bit disruptive. Isn't this what IR+laser designator is for?

Need a way to mute it as well

Its a neat showcase of a technology but in MP environment it will be an immersion breaker.

Wow the radar feature is great, but i think it should be turnable to on/off. No need for wingman icons in UI now, i will know where they are. Great solution. Are you planning anyt scalling option to this radar?

• Like 1

Wow the radar feature is great, but i think it should be turnable to on/off. No need for wingman icons in UI now, i will know where they are. Great solution. Are you planning anyt scalling option to this radar?

scaling option?

scaling option?

Yeah, so you could choose to make it little smaller ewentually.

Great to see the STHUD being integrated.

Please make it configurable I.e ability to hide if players don't want it

Ability to hide compass cardinals if players don't want it

Configurable colours and member information. E.g. STHUd doesn't work well with 8 man sections (we have our own overlay that bolts onto STHUD to fix that)

Would be nice if Tactical Ping would also appear on the map; squad leader pings aoi -> planning approach continues on map with new draw command.

EDIT: and even have it bound to 'shift + LMB' (or make placing the marker on the map 'shift + T') so the same kind of actions are consistent in 3d and 2d space...

• Like 3

Great to see the STHUD being integrated.

Please make it configurable I.e ability to hide if players don't want it

Ability to hide compass cardinals if players don't want it

Configurable colours and member information. E.g. STHUd doesn't work well with 8 man sections (we have our own overlay that bolts onto STHUD to fix that)

Yes, I am concerned that it will be forced on the players through the difficulty settings.

It's a little bit off-topic, but can someone explain be the link between BI Studio and BI Simulation? Are they totally independent from each other now?

It's a little bit off-topic, but can someone explain be the link between BI Studio and BI Simulation? Are they totally independent from each other now?

Yeah I think they are independent from each other for several years.Only common thing is name and origin.

One is developing for government use (military contracts) while bohemia interactive is commercial company.

Both use different engine, tailored for different usage.(for example Bi simulation can do lot more scripted

system and don't have to care about AI, or modding community (backward compatibility) then BI interactive.

I think this Tactical Ping (Shift + T) thing is a bit disruptive. Isn't this what IR+laser designator is for?

Need a way to mute it as well

Its a neat showcase of a technology but in MP environment it will be an immersion breaker.

What if the ping was only visible (in 3D-space) wearing specific headgear (e.g. tactical glasses)?

What if the ping was only visible (in 3D-space) wearing specific headgear (e.g. tactical glasses)?

That sounds good but its adding a layer of complexity that will be beyond most users. A bit too much 'fiddle' for designing a game mechanic.

Now, if there were plans for a 'Tactical Glasses' UI layer with more than just the tactical ping, then maybe

Also it looks like it comes at a cost, to synchronize all these things is not free, bandwidth/etc?

• Added: Squad Radar (WIP)

Nice, wonderful, if it show, who's injureв and need heal.

Not seeing Squad Radar - how to access?

Also, hoping that we can get blinking icons on that radar to determine who is speaking -been wanting that forever!

• Like 1

Not seeing Squad Radar - how to access?

It's in the difficulty menu, in "game" settings.

Fixed: It was not possible to use UGLs when deployed

Reload animation bug

• Like 1