Honestly, I rather take a performance hit than to play with the current aggressive LOD switching. It's also pretty annoying that at one point, the LODs start flickering between the two LODs, back and forth...

There has to be some work invested into this, as it is now, it's really bad

The truth is that human eye is very sensitive to moving object. It's an evolution thing. If the object is flickering you can think that something is moving there, but in reality it isn't. That's why lod blending would be very useful.

I hope they make the interior for all the buildings like in the Altis/Stratis map in Tanoa aswell. Would be awesome to be able to walk arround in skyscrapers and other tall buildings.

It was advertised year ago when Tanoa was announced that there will be non-enterable buildings mainly for two reasons.

1.Performance. Enterable buildings are much more performance heavy resoulting in less fps.

2.Time. Enterable buildings take much more time to make. Remember Altis how all towns are made of 5 buildings.

Regarding the problem I mentioned below:

The problem was caused by not binarizing the addon after update, as DevTools were obviously updated as well. The solution (and a rule of thumb) - always binarize your addon after every game/dev tools update to avoid possible bugs.

[...] Dev Branch broke my Seaknight [WIP] addon. Perhaps, that's something related to AFM or config, as while starting up engines in AFM, I simultaneously lost both rotors. Also, the Knight lost all ResLOD proxies of the main model. [...]

• Like 1

• Added: Support for multiple vision modes for goggles

So this is nice. I've had a little play around with it and found that if you set visionMode[] = {"Normal"}; in the config for your NVG slot item, then they no longer have inherent NVG properties.

So the NVG slot can now effectively be used as another appearance customisation slot for some items like headsets, face masks etc. in addition to the Helmet and Glasses slots.

Also tested out that thermal imaging works, with visionMode[] = {"Normal","TI"}; and can set the various TI types with the thermalMode[] array just like any scope attachment or vehicle optics:

pevb0Ymm.png

One thing I am wondering though from the BIS devs:

Is there a way to set an NVG item than has just normal vision modes (so no TI or NVG effect) but still uses the "on" model state as you cycle through the visionModes[] array?

I tried setting up an item with visionMode[] = {"Normal","Normal"}; but in that case, cycling through with the [N] key just continually uses the modelOff= state from the config. So I assume the engine handles it such that it goes through the array, and whenever it encounters "Normal" in the array it switches the NVG proxy to the assigned modelOff= state.

If there isn't one already: Is it possible that you could add a "NormalOn", "Normal2" etc. state or something that provides normal vision in the array, but with the "On" model state for the NVG proxy?

It'd be nice to be able to make NVG slots objects similar to this removable visor that uses the NVG mount on the Arma 3 NATO helmet:

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Revision_Military_Batlskin_Modular_Head_Protection_System_MHPS_Ballsitic_Visor_and_Mandible_Guard_Maxillofacial_Protection_System_2.jpg

and allow hacky ways of simulating other movable goggles, visors for things like pilot helmets and motorcycle helmets.

• Like 1

Anyone having a strange performance issue on Tanoa? I am maintaining 55-60 fps at most times, but when in jungle, if the tree canopy closes overhead my fps goes to 30 and stay locked to 30. Even turning around where the sky is visible again will put it back to 60, and there is no in between fluctuations. It goes straight to 30 and stays there so long as thick trees are overhead.Very strange..

driving a car at night and only have a low light is really annoying and difficult to control medium / high speeds.

You can not add the option to high beam in the car?

I need + distance vision at night when I drive a car in ARMA3 :don2: :flamethrower:  :yikes:

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Like 1

driving a car at night and only have a low light is really annoying and difficult to control medium / high speeds.

You can not add the option to high beam in the car?

I need + distance vision at night when I drive a car in ARMA3 :don2: :flamethrower:  :yikes:

Something like 'high beam' on 2xL could be nice, but not a priority.

Ugh BI why oh why do the new hbarrier walls have different dimensions ... the work you make for us

Land_HBarrier_3_F

Land_HBarrier_01_line_3_green_F

Land_HBarrier_5_F

Land_HBarrier_01_line_5_green_F

If not too late, please standardize with the old hbarrier dimensions. Right now we can not simply take a composition and drop in the appropriate classname, since they require different positions as well. This is the case going forward too. Identical objects with different properties.

I have compositions I would like to use on multiple terrains with brown and green hbarriers, and do not want to duplicate everything for the new speshul barriers

repro:  

create a square with the old hbarriers

save the composition   (bis_fnc_objectsgrabber)

insert the new classnames

spawn the composition   (bis_fnc_objectsmapper)

fuuuuuu

Quite a few of the new objects have the wrong icon defined for the editor and some objects like Land_CarService_F have the Tanoa DLC icon, even though they were also available before.

Quite a few of the new objects have the wrong icon defined for the editor and some objects like Land_CarService_F have the Tanoa DLC icon, even though they were also available before.

This is a temporary situation and it will be changed in the future ;)
  • Like 1

That happens with a lot of modded weapons-strange to see it on the MX

I haven't got any mods activated, its a pretty poo bug cause i like the MRCO :/

Fixed: Gunner kills would count as commander kills in multi-seat vehicles

Awh nutz (shifty eyes).

Swear I seen that mrco bug before.

Visual bug with MRCO and MX-GL

https://imgur.com/TMb8XXF

This bug is older than my grandma.  Has never been fixed ;/

Edit: Was about to test the new AI pathfinding and spotted those new commands (look at the command menu)

0D4chtf.jpg

Something like 'high beam' on 2xL could be nice, but not a priority.

I checked the distances of light vehicles and the maximum range is 30 meters, 45 or 50 meters can not see anything.

In the game at 50 meters I think it would be enough to drive smoothly with the car at night.

If this does not affect game performance should be considered, just that.

• Like 2

AI Vehicles seem to have lost the ability to drive forwards, just circling backwards or not moving at all when given waypoint.

Can repro with Zeus:

put manned hunter down

give waypoint

• Tweaked: AI vehicle path-following was improved (more Intel tomorrow)

I was attempting to create a system to test all roads on the Tanoa and wondering why my drivers weren't moving.

This bug is older than my grandma.  Has never been fixed ;/

Edit: Was about to test the new AI pathfinding and spotted those new commands (look at the command menu)

Those new commands have been there for a couple of weeks now-are they actually enabled for anything at the moment?

Hey guys, got bug report. Did Not made ticket yet probably later when i have time.

Some trees, even when you are close to them (not completely next to them you need to be like 80 meters away), completely disappeared yet from different angle they just change lods, example on pics.

Anyway, i know that you are working on better rendering and lods so maybe you already know about this or it's issue with occluding.

Tress and soldier behind them

http://i.imgur.com/ALt8vwB.jpg

Tress disappeared and soldier is visible

http://i.imgur.com/Em6ejuB.jpg

Same trees from different angle

http://i.imgur.com/kWF2U2S.jpg

• Like 1

Launcher version: 1.5.136675
Game version: 1.63.136688
Branch: development

Just installed via the game updater and i get this:

pd8N8Bk.jpg

0D4chtf.jpg

They're here for a while now, it's probably related to the Vehicle-in-vehicle feature. (let's call it ViV)

--EDIT : I mean a VERY high probability.

Kinda late by several months now, but ever since the Eden update I've been having problems with AI both completely disregarding triggers and syncs and continuing on with their waypoints, as well as units not proceeding to the next waypoint after a trigger or sync has been fulfilled. This has been with both main and DEV branch, anyone else having similar issues?

The latest Dev branch (updated via Game Updater) no longer shows the purchase button, but starting a mission on Tanoa results in "Mission terminated because DLC not owned"...

Also, the AI does not move at all anymore: Place a hunter, press play (you start as commander by default) and order AI to move forward. Nothing, the AI is just turning the steering wheel left and right all the time

Also, the AI does not move at all anymore: Place a hunter, press play (you start as commander by default) and order AI to move forward. Nothing, the AI is just turning the steering wheel left and right all the time

Placing down a Hunter HMG or GMG and pressing "w" for Forward works fine.  However selecting your group and issuing a Move There command makes the guy twist the steering wheel, locking in a far left turn and not going anywhere.  Even if you then use w to order Forward he's still locked turning left.  Very odd.

Happening with all NATO, CSAT and AAF on all maps.  Strider, Ifrit and Hunter tested.  Tanks are fine.

Seems to only happen when the player is in the vehicle.  You can properly direct an AI wheeled vehicle driver while outside the vehicle.

Some bugs encountered on Dev Branch

Smoke deployment doesn't work on several vehicles

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117552

Missing glare/refection in glass on vehicles:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117552

6XFN7nY.jpg

Some vehicle glass don't block thermal vision
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117543

The Yorris J-2 reflex sight is unusable when you have sun behind you
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117549

ns4LTd8.jpg

Units inside tempest glow white when in sunlight.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117544

1Tl21m4.jpg

• Like 4