anyone experiencing crashes when switching to auto mode using cyrus in RC ? 

I was not able to reproduce a crash with the vanilla release candidate version of Arma 3.

My AI just engaged a MBT with rifles.

I repeat.

My AI

engaged

a MBT

with RIFLES.

I hope to never see this behaviour in stable branch.

When you get really frustrated on how things are going, you start throwing rocks at tanks. AI is getting more like human, it's a feature man

setUnitLoadout appears to be duplicating the primary weapon

also I do want to see AI engage MRAPs with primary weapons. maybe not MBTs, but wheeled vehicles for sure. nothing worse than driving through a town in a MRAP and AI just stand there looking at you. having them aim at the wheels (selectionposition) would be ideal

• Like 2

DEV BRANCH INSTA CRASHES: HAS PROBLEMS WITH LONG COMMAND LINES? Or is the parser more strict?

Hi, I wanted to check dev branch with some specific mod mix. I simple start via modular .cmd scripts which is very handy. Now the dev version seems to have problems with long command lines? Which are very normal if only a few mods are used. But I am not even sure. It definitely crashes at the command line parsing (Splash screen says "Processing command line")...

Here's an example command line:

EDIT: How can I wrote behind the codebox now, I hate this forum editor.

However. I activated/deactivated mods and was not able to find out why ArmA crashes. It's not related to length and, it's weird, I cannot find it being related to any specific mod.

"C:\Disk\SSD1TB\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe"  -nosplash -skipIntro -enableHT -maxMem=6144 -exThreads=7 "-mod=@CBA_A3;@jrs3_df;@va;@sthud_a3;@st_nametags;@bzly_UIcorrections;@unit_sfx;@em;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@SSPCM;@l_suppress;@l_immerse;@l_align;@advancedballistics;@ACE3_mini;@ravage;@bzly_no_bluf_radio;@tort_dynamicWeather2;@tort_playmusic;@dawn_of_the_dead_infected_skins;@KRON_SupportCall_a3;@tort_escape;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@hlcmods_core;@hlcmods_ak;@cup_terrains_core;@cup_terrains_maps;@fsf_rayak;@Chernarus_Winter_A3;@VTR_Angel;@lite_Bornholm;@panthera_a3;@ios_objects;@ios_st_agnes;@mske-a3;@cst;@kandahar_province;@jbad;@Lingor_A3;@pianosa;@vtr_porquerolles;@prkz;@fata_a3;@smd_a3;@wake;@taviana_a3;@Imrali;@vt5;@esseker;@gunkizli;@Namalsk;OA\@ibr_dtowns;OA\@ibr_plants;@saint_kapaulio_terrain;@jbad;@rspn;OA\@brg_africa;@mbg_killhouses_a3;@kalukhan;@Chernarus_Winter_A3;@panthera_a3;@isladuala_a3" -name=Tortuosit -noLogs -filePatching      

It's not a specific mod-it's the amount of them. I and and others have had this issue for a week or two now. For most people it is 18 mods-any more and it crashes.For me it is 24. What I have done is added different mod's pbo's into other mods-making big super mods.I know it's bad practice ,but I renamed them so I know what is in each.For example-I have put all 4 CUP mods into one @CUP folder.Same with all massi's stuff and RHS etc.

setUnitLoadout appears to be duplicating the primary weapon

also I do want to see AI engage MRAPs with primary weapons. maybe not MBTs, but wheeled vehicles for sure. nothing worse than driving through a town in a MRAP and AI just stand there looking at you

Agreed-they are also a bit hit and miss using rockets at all. Often my AT guy just will not engage a vehicle at all. Would like ai with unguided rocketsd like the RPD-42 to sometimes engage infantry too-they are used this way a lot by insurgent groups etc and having used a couple of ai mods that allow for this, it is very exciting to see an RPG come flying towards you when you are on foot in cover :)

This bug is on stable as well, but since there is no feedback tracker to report it, I'll just report it here.

Unarmed AI do not have idle animations like players do

It's not a specific mod-it's the amount of them. I and and others have had this issue for a week or two now. For most people it is 18 mods-any more and it crashes.For me it is 24. What I have done is added different mod's pbo's into other mods-making big super mods.I know it's bad practice ,but I renamed them so I know what is in each.For example-I have put all 4 CUP mods into one @CUP folder.Same with all massi's stuff and RHS etc.

I found it was specific mods...

I loaded four maps and they caused this problem... and that was at about the 20 mods count...

i have 32 active right now no issue but have found the following

I have since done some testing after Tortusit mentioned that when he disabled Taviana he could launch

-I deleted my old .cfg file and when dev 1.60 A3 launched ( i could launch from exe again) it created a new one and launched fine

-I then began activating mods in 3s

-Many mods allowed me to launch in Dev mode

-some did not, Sugar Lake, Kapaulio, Napf A3, Taviana, Fir Weapon Sys, CUP units

-some weird shit, if i activate cup weapons it works fine, if i then activate cup units i get the command line parameter crash,

-if i then delete the load of Cup units in .cfg, i still get the crash, if i delete the load of Cup weapons in .cfg, it loads ok even tho the first time weapons loaded ok..

so its as if once cup units loads, it corrupts the load of cup weapons and i have to delete that reference in the .cfg to get Dev to load again... but if i then reenable cup weapons ... it loads fine   :blink:

as posted here

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190747-160-rc-candidate-ctd/

edit -- you are on to something with the count tho... when i activate mod 33 it works ok but when 34 is activated it then command line parameter crashes and then i have to delete both 33 and 34 out of config for it to load again although 33 worked fine on its own... weird stuff

--edit 2 , i can now use all my mods by doing as you said and combining into less folders, i lose the fancy little icons you get for each mod but on the plus side it friggin works... 

thanks for that Ineptaphid... i thought i was not going to be able play 1.60 but with a little extra legwork i can ;)

• Like 1

Ugly :) Yeah, my testing yesterday (tactically adding/removing sets of mods from the command line) showed me, it's not a specific mod. cosmic10r is correct, "some weird shit" is going on here. Have not yet looked if it's a specific # of mods. I was looking at the command line length... but I already saw a crash at length 400 and ArmA starting up with a length of 600.

BIS should know if they have done changes @ parser.

• Like 2

Regarding further changes to Dev branch, have any more planned ai commands been discussed? Specifically we really need a command to tell ai to remove or equip suppressors and definitely one to tell them to turn on or off gun lights/IR lasers.

• Like 1

Today's update is just short of 1GB, but the dev log doesn't indicate massive additions. Is it just stuff being moved around or what is going on?

Just stuff being moved around. A lot of little modifications, resulting in a lot of datas, a lot of .pbo were modified.

--EDIT : basically, I mean that there is no Apex content.

--EDIT² : I have difficulties to move the camera in 3Den with today's update. It moves as it had lag.

Hey!

Since you guys are doing the UEx upgrade, could you do something to the group names on the slotting screen. These only create confusion since they cannot be interacted with in anyway. Perhaps remove them completely from the screen or better yet, make them editable in EDEN editor...

F665FACC44B1FD3186208350A39B041354D50F8A

• Like 8

J

--EDIT² : I have difficulties to move the camera in 3Den with today's update. It moves as it had lag.

Is this the same issue that happened last week where the camera in the virtual arsenal and the splendid camera went a bit weird? It would not rotate.That was fixed after a day though.

Not exactly, it's more about a sort of "lag" when turning it or moving it. And mouse sensitivity seems lower too (only about turning the cam).

Release Candidate, another case of a mission that cannot be finished: Crossing Paths. At the end of the mission, right after LZ Connor, when you are supposed to attack the little farmstead, team leader gets stuck on a waypoint and remains there apparently indefinitely. Had to skip mission with cheat. This is the second catastrophic failure of a mission in the RC (and dev branch), something is seriously fubar with regards to waypoints. This might or might not be a similar issue that I have seen multiple times in Multiplayer missions.

I don't know if it was said, but since visual update, map (not topographic type) is now useless. It's hard to read it. I usually avoid topographic map because of all of that white, usually hard to look at, I don't really like strong white and bright screen during the night.

Is there any reason why my updater for the latest dev build is now sitting at 2.9GB and still installing a 900MB patch?

Hey!

Since you guys are doing the UEx upgrade, could you do something to the group names on the slotting screen. These only create confusion since they cannot be interacted with in anyway. Perhaps remove them completely from the screen or better yet, make them editable in EDEN editor...

F665FACC44B1FD3186208350A39B041354D50F8A

Yes! Please!

• Like 1

Is there any reason why my updater for the latest dev build is now sitting at 2.9GB and still installing a 900MB patch?

if it's stuck, there is a reason on your end. Mine updated without problem, it took little more than usual.

if it's stuck, there is a reason on your end. Mine updated without problem, it took little more than usual.

Yeah the original update was interrupted, it's fine now, well seems to be!!

Two issues i've encountered in latest dev patch:

1. Chemlights are barely visible, especially red and green ones.

2. every shell casing makes 3 (three) "tings" when falling on the ground.

fire is much dimmer too

repro: create campfire

- Does still not show spawn range via circle in Eden

- Does still crash on command line parsing as reported

fire is much dimmer too

repro: create campfire

I can confirm all these issues too (Night showcase).

There are other visual issues too.

1. blue line at the horizon at specific weather conditions

2. dark reflection artifacts on the water surface

Just take a look at the pictures below (Night showcase; ultra settings; default PP color corrections)

http://imgur.com/a/kzISF

And flares are not producing any light (those flares from under barrel grenade launchers)