I'm in the middle of a mission on Stable branch, so I can't test. Has anyone been able to load a save game based on today's Dev branch?

Yes I was - but strangely before my Branch auto updated.....maybe ninja hotfix..

• Like 1

Yes I was - but strangely before my Branch auto updated.....maybe ninja hotfix..

So saving is okay again now? Debating whether to start up Arma for a quick mission-It's midnight here ;)

EDIT-saving issue is resolved.No problems now.

Bug: transitioning to walk while jogging unarmed in a circle will make your character go prone.

- First and most major is, when player switch for example from tank driver to tank commander, then driver (ai now) is not responding to move orders at all, player need to order him to get out, then get in and then ai is obeying the orders.

Cant reproduce that, switching between different slots in a tank, then only moment when AI would not obey move orders is when he's actually not in driver position. Could you please, check it again? Repro I am using:

- run 3den, add empty Slammer

- add player soldier and one subordinate

- order subordinate to get in as commander

- get in yourself as driver, drive around

- switch to commander (subordinate will be driver now)

- press W, S etc to give move order

• Like 3

Bug: transitioning to walk while jogging unarmed in a circle will make your character go prone.

Hello, we are aware of this and I will solve it just after I will finish necessary tweaks for limping. Thank you for your feedback.

• Like 4

Issue should be fixed in tomorrow's DEV branch. Let me know if the problem remains, thank you!

• Like 2

Do you know where Steam Workshop Cache is located?

Cant reproduce that, switching between different slots in a tank, then only moment when AI would not obey move orders is when he's actually not in driver position. Could you please, check it again? Repro I am using:

I dont get it.... I'll check it and record if bug persist. But 100% reproductable bug is, when you are trying to command the tank from turned out position - you cant command then (A,W,S,D).

Do you know where Steam Workshop Cache is located?

steamapps\workshop\content\107410

https://youtu.be/kEmGMbRu9_U

Added: A new AIAvoidStance surface parameter to prevent AI from going prone in tall grass

Can we have this as a scripting command? There are plenty of situations, for example CQB in towns, where it doesn't look right for the AI to be going prone. I'd like the option to disable one stance but allow the other two.

• Like 4

Can we have this as a scripting command? There are plenty of situations, for example CQB in towns, where it doesn't look right for the AI to be going prone. I'd like the option to disable one stance but allow the other two.

I would love to see that in autobehavior, applied only for tall grass, so we wont need to add this everytime making mission.

Also i need to ask for very annoying situation - unit fallen by the vehicle is in status QUO for endless. It not get off the ground, not moves, but still alive, respond to orders, but lies on the ground. Any plans for improving/fixing this?

Yup! Hoping for a possibility to do a trigger based CQB "area" where only standing up for the breachers and standing/kneeling for defenders is allowed!  B)

• Like 1

not strictly DEV build related but does anyone else get frequent game crashes with memory related errors? i got a feeling it's related to the memory stuff that was added. is there a setting in the launcher that would fix that?

not strictly DEV build related but does anyone else get frequent game crashes with memory related errors? i got a feeling it's related to the memory stuff that was added. is there a setting in the launcher that would fix that?

I'm having frequent crashes related to this issue: https://communities.intel.com/thread/46821?start=75&tstart=0

But recently the crash is accompanied by an error message that points towards some memory fault. If it isn't part of my older problem (which I assumed), I'll keep an eye on it...

I just noticed that there is new Area widget in EDEN. It's greyed out yet..anyone know what It will be for?

I think it's to set size of triggers and area markers.

But what about Area scaling widget? Why there would be two same widgets then?

During one of last versions of Dev branch, it was possible to change dimensions of triggers by catching and dragging their corners (which means, without using arrows of area scaling widget).

This new area widget will maybe allow this again.

Hmmm, unit surface based behaviours...interesting..

Nope

Added: A new AIAvoidStance surface parameter to prevent AI from going prone in tall grass
A new property for cfgSurfaces.

Allows restricting the AI from entering prone with two levels of emphasis.

= 0 - no change

= 1 - avoid prone (unless stealth or suppressed)

= 2 - never prone

Note that in all variants the AI may still enter prone if commanded, injured, animated, forced,....

Perhaps they should also avoid prone in buildings. That's another place where, most of the time, it doesn't really look right to be lying down. Not to mention that an AI standing at a building position usually clips through the wall when he goes prone. Guard towers are the worst for this - you can often see their entire upper bodies clipping through the floor as they do the AI shuffle after detecting an enemy.

• Like 6

I've asked this before, but since it's semi-topical I'll try again:

We can find positions with desired ambient parameters with the selectBestPlaces command. Could we please have a new script command(s) to return the ambient parameters (and any other AI flags available) for a given position?

Intent is to find out if unit/position is in forest, a town, or the ocean etc without doing multiple performance costly near*Objects/nearestTerrainObjects searches.

• Like 2