I also had some key binds wiped while switching between branches.

Both me and my brother had this happen couple of times, without switching branches. I was pretty sure I messed something up accidentally, until I noticed it usually happens after I change any vanilla keybind and exit controls. It just deletes one of the keybinds I haven't touched - mostly use default action, sometimes use selected action or fire weapon.

The new tracker has problems with tickets imported from the old Mantis system, eg. repro steps and comments are from a different issue to the description.

Oh, it's down again  :unsure:

We are aware of it, guys are working on it, this should be addressed soon  :292:

Well, that explains the email spam of random tickets I got today.

Just noticed that my loadouts were also wiped. Only thing that I can think of that could cause that was me switching between dev and stable.

Same here 

For me, basically every other launch of Arma now erases my variables completely, as well as all of my CBA key definitions, which is really REALLY annoying :(

• Like 2

For me, basically every other launch of Arma now erases my variables completely, as well as all of my CBA key definitions, which is really REALLY annoying :(

same for me.

Code performance button is broke on my install (has been for some time).

put <1+ 1> into debug and the result panel comes up with:

Res: 0ms

Cycles: 1/10000

----------------------

Also, if I put something like <isPlayer player> or <true> into the debug console and press "LOCAL EXEC", then this appears in rpt

17:29:37 Serialization of Control variables is not implemented
17:29:37 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Read 'params' is using type of ,'CONTROL' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

Can confirm, if you launch stable once and then go back to dev it's all gone.

I even get those welcome screens like I was launching the game for the first time ever..

Gladly using only dev now seems to hold them, not sure if they now get randomly wiped thus forwards..

• Like 1

Lots of animation spam for "Shark_F" and "Fish_F" skeletons (these are snippets - whole thing is much larger).

17:18:21 Error: Bone rightforearmroll doesn't exist in skeleton Shark_F
17:18:21 Error: Bone leftleg doesn't exist in skeleton Shark_F
17:18:21 Error: Bone leftlegroll doesn't exist in skeleton Shark_F
17:18:21 Error: Bone leftfoot doesn't exist in skeleton Shark_F
17:18:21 Error: Bone lefttoebase doesn't exist in skeleton Shark_F
17:18:21 Error: Bone righthandindex1 doesn't exist in skeleton Shark_F
17:18:21 Error: Bone righthandindex2 doesn't exist in skeleton Shark_F
17:18:21 Error: Bone righthandindex3 doesn't exist in skeleton Shark_F
17:18:21 Error: Bone righthandmiddle1 doesn't exist in skeleton Shark_F
17:39:06 Error: Bone face_cheekfrontright doesn't exist in skeleton Fish_F
17:39:06 Error: Bone face_cheekfrontleft doesn't exist in skeleton Fish_F
17:39:06 Error: Bone face_lipuppermiddle doesn't exist in skeleton Fish_F
17:39:06 Error: Bone face_lipupperright doesn't exist in skeleton Fish_F
17:39:06 Error: Bone face_lipupperleft doesn't exist in skeleton Fish_F
17:39:06 Error: Bone face_browmiddle doesn't exist in skeleton Fish_F
17:39:06 Error: Bone face_jowl doesn't exist in skeleton Fish_F

I was just looking at my profile vars, and some of them were at least 2 years old, so I guess I haven't any recent resets.

Until I switched to stable branch... :D

One error in the log when it resets: "Wrong color format %1"

The format has changed in the dev, but the stable can't handle it and resets everything? I know the GUI colors are in the fresh profile vars. :huh: Ok, maybe it's not that. But there's definitely something consistently wrong.

This is 100% reproducible with a profile from the dev build.

Code performance button is broke on my install (has been for some time).

put <1+ 1> into debug and the result panel comes up with:

Res: 0ms

Cycles: 1/10000

Are you testing this in MP by any chance? In MP diag_codePerformance is limited to 1 cycle for security reasons

Ok, on the map I have issues to move the map (drag with right click, doesn't always work), to set waypoints (making the game crash) and with marker placement (doesn't appear).

Are you testing this in MP by any chance? In MP diag_codePerformance is limited to 1 cycle for security reasons

Yes, good call - I was in MP - just checked and it's fine in SP (working as intended).

Is this a recent change?   I've been using MP editor for a while and recall that I used to be able to test code in an MP session. 

Yes, good call - I was in MP - just checked and it's fine in SP (working as intended).

Is this a recent change?   I've been using MP editor for a while and recall that I used to be able to test code in an MP session. 

You still can, it is not as precise as in SP but it will show results for any code > 1ms. The diag_codePerformance otherwise is a little bit too overpowered with its mega fast repeated unscheduled execution, which could be exploited in MP.

• Like 1

Ah ok, thanks for the info.

Shame it's restricted in MP as it was super-convenient for testing things but fair enough if it's a security issue.

The support modules, even the virtual artillery and Close air support still don't work for me after the last couple of  update (since splendid really) .

You can place them on the map, sync/connect them, the asset appears in the drop down list, after you chose it, nothing happens.

The support modules, even the virtual artillery and Close air support still don't work for me after the last couple of  update (since splendid really) .

You can place them on the map, sync/connect them, the asset appears in the drop down list, after you chose it, nothing happens.

For me they started working again after thursdays or fridays update. I haven't tested all of them but atleast the laser-guided bomb, helicopter support and artillery 230 mm Titan works, I think.

• Like 1

The cause has been identified. Due to a clean-up and optimization of the .vars technology (general save game code), there is a lack of forward compatibility. i.e. A .vars created in 1.60+ (including 1.61) cannot be loaded in older versions. However, old .vars do load in 1.60+! We're sorry for not spotting this before the change hit Dev-Branch. Please consider backing up your profile for branch switching for the time being.

• Like 4

The cause has been identified. Due to a clean-up and optimization of the .vars technology (general save game code), there is a lack of forward compatibility. i.e. A .vars created in 1.60+ (including 1.61) cannot be loaded in older versions. However, old .vars do load in 1.60+! We're sorry for not spotting this before the change hit Dev-Branch. Please consider backing up your profile for branch switching for the time being.

Will do, thanks for the heads up - and the fix :)

• Like 1

HI. I meet serious problem  with modded content and its names. The unit switch is very helpful in most of cases, but i have 2 problems:
- First and most major is, when player switch for example from tank driver to tank commander, then driver (ai now) is not responding to move orders at all, player need to order him to get out, then get in and then ai is obeying the orders.
- Second less important, but in case of (for example) BW mod its verry annoying, is the UI. Look at the picture :
20160509182113_1_zpsqhcynnwe.jpg
On the red color i marked the zone that need to be larged, beacuse unit names arent displayed fully, and whats most important here, the vehicle seats occupiers too. In case of leopard, i dont know to which role i'm switching.
Optionally whole part of that UI can be larged to the right, moving the minimap to the right, and enlarging the unit list.

Please, do something about it, its very odd.

Is it just me? Today's dev branch update broke the "Edit Loadout" in Eden - you don't see your character.

Todays build has really bad performance (lowered fps) plus the game hiccups/stutters occasionally.  Once as well, the game froze, then the screen went black and then it came back and I could play again.

Also, I can't pitch/yaw the camera with the mouse in bis_fnc_camera and there's lots of script errors in spectator mode.

0:41:30 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayEGSpectator/Controls/Help/
 0:41:30 Error in expression <tTooltip "";
};

if !(missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:30   Error position: <getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:30   Error Type Any, expected String
 0:41:30 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 147
 0:41:30 Error in expression <vate _allow3PPCamera = missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:30   Error position: <getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:30   Error Type Any, expected String
 0:41:30 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 2166
 0:41:36 Error in expression <vate _allow3PPCamera = missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:36   Error position: <getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:36   Error Type Any, expected String
 0:41:36 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 2166
 0:41:36 Error in expression <vate _allow3PPCamera = missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:36 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 2166
 0:41:36 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 883
 0:41:38 Ref to nonnetwork object 90bf6400# 167530: helipadempty_f.p3d
 0:41:38 Error in expression <vate _allow3PPCamera = missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:38   Error position: <getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:38   Error Type Any, expected String
 0:41:38 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 2166
 0:41:40 Error in expression <vate _allow3PPCamera = missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:40   Error position: <getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:40   Error Type Any, expected String
 0:41:40 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 2166
 0:41:42 Ref to nonnetwork object 90bf6400# 167530: helipadempty_f.p3d
 0:41:42 Error in expression <vate _allow3PPCamera = missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:42   Error position: <getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:42   Error Type Any, expected String
 0:41:42 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 2166
 0:41:47 Ref to nonnetwork object 90bf6400# 167530: helipadempty_f.p3d
 0:41:47 Error in expression <vate _allow3PPCamera = missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:47   Error position: <getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:47   Error Type Any, expected String
 0:41:47 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 2166
 0:41:47 Error in expression <vate _allow3PPCamera = missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:47 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 2166
 0:41:47 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayEGSpectator.sqf, line 883
 0:41:49 Ref to nonnetwork object 90bf6400# 167530: helipadempty_f.p3d
 0:41:49 Error in expression <vate _allow3PPCamera = missionNamespace getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:49   Error position: <getVariable [VAR_ALLOW_3PP_CAMERA, true]>
 0:41:49   Error Type Any, expected String

Is it just me? Today's dev branch update broke the "Edit Loadout" in Eden - you don't see your character.

The character is still there. I found him on the right side (press left and right mouse button at the same time and change your horizontal position).

But there seems to be huge problems with the camera control settings (kind of messed up).

There was an issue with camSetDir script command yesterday, it should be fixed in today's version on Dev-Branch. But thanks a lot for the Intel :icon_twisted:

Ok, on the map I have issues to move the map (drag with right click, doesn't always work), to set waypoints (making the game crash) and with marker placement (doesn't appear).

I can confirm the marker placement issue. When double clicking on the map the insert marker dialogue pops up, but no actual marker (so obviously the marker type can't be selected using up/down arrows). Adding a description and clicking OK places nothing on the map. Scripts can still place markers without problems.

marker.jpg

I can confirm the marker placement issue. When double clicking on the map the insert marker dialogue pops up, but no actual marker (so obviously the marker type can't be selected using up/down arrows). Adding a description and clicking OK places nothing on the map. Scripts can still place markers without problems.

marker.jpg

Placing a beacon (Shift + LMB) on the map also works very erratically for me, as does zooming in/out on the map. Since it occurs randomly (or at least so it seems), it is very hard to reproduce.