No  :D

I fail to see what is funny about that.

Would an xml file be any more reliable than the profile variables file? I keep backups of mine just in case, although it has never been erased unexpectedly.

I don't know, at least files do not have the tendency to simply vanish from the disk, whereas the profile vars are easily erased, I can do that with a simple command from scripting.

External files, regardless of format, would also offer the advantage of being able to add magazines to a loadout that you lack the weapon for. Right now, making an "ammo bearer" type of loadout with Arsenal is impossible since you have to have the rifle in order for the magazine to show up.

Files that could be edited by hand would have a lot of advantages over this.

would also offer the advantage of being able to add magazines to a loadout that you lack the weapon for. Right now, making an "ammo bearer" type of loadout with Arsenal is impossible since you have to have the rifle in order for the magazine to show up.

You can also export the loadout within the Arsenal and add the magazines.

However, I agree. The Arsenal became very important and a new file type for loadouts would be nice.

I don't know, at least files do not have the tendency to simply vanish from the disk, whereas the profile vars are easily erased, I can do that with a simple command from scripting.

External files, regardless of format, would also offer the advantage of being able to add magazines to a loadout that you lack the weapon for. Right now, making an "ammo bearer" type of loadout with Arsenal is impossible since you have to have the rifle in order for the magazine to show up.

Files that could be edited by hand would have a lot of advantages over this.

I think it would be better to fix the disappearing profile vars, and adding an option to add any items in Arsenal.

Editing external files manually wouldn't be much more convenient than what you can do currently with saveInventory function or adding magazines to loadout variables manually.

===== FEEDBACK =====

Markers doesn't appear when placed during session

steps to reproduce :

- open Editor and place an unit

- place a maker (anyone)

- launch the mission

=> the marker placed appear as usual

- then place a marker on the map during the preview

=> the new marker doesn't appear

====================

I fail to see what is funny about that.

If you don't have at least one annoying problem that is present for a long time, you are not playing ArmA. Some say it's "c'est la vie", but for us "c'est la arma" :D

• Like 1

If you don't have at least one annoying problem that is present for a long time, you are not playing ArmA. Some say it's "c'est la vie", but for us "c'est la arma" :D

or "Arma being Arma"

I think it would be better to fix the disappearing profile vars, and adding an option to add any items in Arsenal.

Editing external files manually wouldn't be much more convenient than what you can do currently with saveInventory function or adding magazines to loadout variables manually.

Why not? External files aren't the only thing that the Arsenal is missing, I would also like to see subfolders so that you can actually organize the loadouts. I much prefer to have full control over something than have it at the mercy of a program.

And of course, Arma eating profiles variables as a snack is a bug that needs to be fixed.

• Like 2

Bug: bench Tarus do not work with the load waypoint (eg. if a squad has a 'get in' waypoint synced with a bench Taru's 'load' waypoint, Taru will take off without picking up the squad)

Alwarren, can you think of any cause or sequence of events that causes those .vars wipes? We fixed one occurrence a few months ago that could cause it after a config start-up error. Any clues may help to make the system more robust.

• Like 2

===== FEEDBACK =====

Markers doesn't appear when placed during session

steps to reproduce :

- open Editor and place an unit

- place a maker (anyone)

- launch the mission

=> the marker placed appear as usual

- then place a marker on the map during the preview

=> the new marker doesn't appear

====================

Has it ever worked for you before in SP? AFAIK user markers contain unique user id which is only available in MP

Seems like a bug indeed, broken in MP as well

My user profile appears to have been reset somehow in the last couple of days. My UI custom colours and persistent save progress in Antistasi Altis (stored in profileNameSpace) have been lost, but custom control bindings remain.

EDIT: maybe related to use of Game Updater maintained Dev branch, see Alwarren's post below

Edited by ceeeb
  • Like 1

My user profile appears to have been reset somehow in the last couple of days. My UI custom colours and persistent save progress in Antistasi Altis (stored in profileNameSpace) have been lost, but custom control bindings remain.

I thought this was me doing something :) I can confirm the reset in this case.

• Like 1

Has it ever worked for you before in SP? AFAIK user markers contain unique user id which is only available in MP

Seems like a bug indeed, broken in MP as well

About solo player, in the prologue of the campaign you have to place markers on the map, that's how I found that they don't work. Still, the game detect were the player click on the map, as the little window to set a name appear where it should.

Bug: you get a CTD when placing a player waypoint on the map (ctrl + left click)

Alwarren, can you think of any cause or sequence of events that causes those .vars wipes? We fixed one occurrence a few months ago that could cause it after a config start-up error. Any clues may help to make the system more robust.

Sadly, no. I can try to piece together what happened leading up to the loss, but I am not sure that there was anything directly responsible.

A few days ago (like Monday or so), I was updating the dev branch (I have both dev and stable installed, dev is via the GameUpdater in an extra folder) and read in the changelog that the Campaign was now one single piece instead of episodic, but noticed that in my version of the dev binary the three episodes were still there. Then I noticed that the version number was wrong, so I ran the GameUpdater again. Version number was still wrong, so I deleted the "addons" and arma3.exe and tried again. There was nothing.

Turns out that the latest version of the GameUpdater does not store the devbranch install location and instead assumes a default location, so I hadn't actually updated the dev branch since several days. After correcting the problem, I saw that now the campaign was a monolithic one instead of episodic. All was good.

Until I started the stable branch the next time and it came up with the tell-tale "Welcome to Arma 3" splash screen.

Since then I had it once again after I ran the devbranch and subsequently started the stable.

(wait let me quickly try if this is reproducible)

Yes it is. If I start Devbranch now and go back to stable, my profile variables are erased. 

I have backed up my variables both in the devbranch state as well as in stable state, if that is of any help I can send you those.

• Like 3

in the Death Valley mission of the campaign, when reaching near Girna, there is a sound of weapon which appear in a weird way, it looks like distant but at a very high volume.

He's back! According to Dwarden, you need to reset your password (via e-mail) to keep using your old account.

Didn't worked for me + also seems like for some others.

Dscha - Today at 2:57 PM
@Dwarden hmm, no mail for me

JasperRab - Today at 3:12 PM
Same here, not getting any mail.

Dwarden - Today at 3:14 PM
ok, the hold on, i heard more work is needed

It's currently down for maintenance. Anyway, great to see finally some progress there.

The new tracker has problems with tickets imported from the old Mantis system, eg. repro steps and comments are from a different issue to the description.

Oh, it's down again  :unsure:

Love the new search functionality in the scenario menu ;)

Furthermore it's good that you added the bootcamp campaign into the general campaign menu, makes way more sense. Thought, it should then be removed from the "Learn" meanu to prevent confusion.

The new tracker has problems with tickets imported from the old Mantis system, eg. repro steps and comments are from a different issue to the description.

Oh, it's down again  :unsure:

We are aware of it, guys are working on it, this should be addressed soon  :292:

• Like 3

Just noticed that my loadouts were also wiped. Only thing that I can think of that could cause that was me switching between dev and stable.

I also had some key binds wiped while switching between branches.

Stable 1.58 no longer gives me the BEX error when I launch arma which tells me it was a change to the exe in dev branch since Tuesday.

Although now I can't disable fatigue at all with one particular mod active which never occurred until Tuesday... quite frustrating really as I've spent more time looking at the initialization splash then playing games this week...