Just been testing 1.59.135577, the GL Smoke Grenades bounce about like they are made of rubber.

After touchdown at anything less than 300m they jump high into the air, making them useless for either marking targets or providing cover.

http://i.imgur.com/roEPBXE.jpg

I think this has been a problem for a few patches now, would be nice to see this addressed.

Have you tested this on any other map? VR with its marble floor is not exactly the map representative of ricochet.

2 April 2016

Dear BI dev team,

as I am quite sure you know, many of the ArmA titles have a large problem with optimization of computer components. For example, I use a desktop with an FX 6300, GTX 960 and 8gb of ram and ArmA 2 and 3 consistantly use only 30% to 40% of available resources despite much launcher optimization, driver optimization, and computer software optimization. What I ask is that you do one of two things, 1) Optimize ArmA 3's engine to better utilize computer components, 2) Optimize the engine that is to be used to create your next ArmA title. I hope you take this into consideration, and I plan on playing this series until the day that I am no longer free. Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Cobus

The Real Virtuality engine has been discontinued. The next ArmA title (if it is ever developed) will use the Enfusion game engine. We will probably only get details about it after Apex.

Have you tested this on any other map? VR with its marble floor is not exactly the map representative of ricochet.

Fair point, I should have stated I've seen this occuring on all maps.

The smoke grenade trajectory follows a near identical path as on VR (i.e bouncing off far from the inital impact).

Tested on Altis on v1.59.135811 - Green Smoke hits mark and bounces far off;

http://i.imgur.com/nLmw7O8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/x5dPoW5.jpg

I once fired a smoke shell over a hill on Altis. It bounced four times and travelled approximately 1000m before it finally stopped.

• Like 1

Today, i started getting a ctd on launch when using an executable on the desktop. 

Never had it before. 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: arma3.exe
Application Version: 1.59.135.843
Application Timestamp: 57287383
Fault Module Name: arma3.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.59.135.843
Fault Module Timestamp: 57287383
Exception Offset: 01354b11
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9c7c
Additional Information 2: 9c7c5dbbc2bf75de31798bdbf9d75de8
Additional Information 3: 69e1
Additional Information 4: 69e170d5f3ce12b2e161630619b3dfeb

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Requesting a small command, to return the vehicle and vehicle role of an occupant.

killed_in_vrole = getVehicleRole player; // [vehicle <object>,position <number or string>];

for the intended use of supporting medical system respawning/revive.

Player dies in a vehicle seat, I want to respawn and place him back in his seat in an incapacitated state.

At the moment it is quite difficult and fiddly to do this, with some margin of error as well.

A complimentary ```player setVehicleRole killed_in_vrole``` would be great too.

Alternatively, fix assignedVehicleRole, however it seems to have slightly different purpose (AI related).

Bug: reloading Katiba's GL while prone makes your entire body stretch out. Tis very scary.

I had a 600MB plus update today, but not seeing the changelog ??

• Like 1

Changelog are often released a long time after the update. I mean, really often.

I had a 600MB plus update today, but not seeing the changelog ??

Assuming the changelog is as big as the update, it's going to take a while :D Patience is a virtue.

Hmmm... After today's update, A3 does not start.

I keep encountering BattlEye log message:

"Blocked loading of file 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\igdusc32.dll'"

EDIT:
Validating files, and disabling BattlEye had no effect.

EDIT2:

When launching A3 directly from its folder, I get a message that my adapter does not support DirectX10 (which it does, though).

After last update but b4 this one I would get the little starting load splash and it would stop on processing command line and give me the windows error message on previous page... it never would launch into a window for arma...

Can't even start the game. This is using an executable shortcut with startup parameters as I prefer that to the launcher. Even with no startup parameters set in the properties of the shortcut, it still won't launch.

Is this after the 600B one?

I use Arma3 Sync, have had no issues launching the game, however there was one time I thought I was abut to get a BSD my screen went black and lower right corner started an eerie green sort of Northern Lights effect, also seemed to be Graphics card related as the resolution was pants, like 600 x 800

It works for me but I see nothing new, nothing new in Arsenal.

Is this after the 600B one?

I use Arma3 Sync, have had no issues launching the game, however there was one time I thought I was abut to get a BSD my screen went black and lower right corner started an eerie green sort of Northern Lights effect, also seemed to be Graphics card related as the resolution was pants, like 600 x 800

Yes, problem persists after todays update.

Bex is a buffer overflow exception apparently after googling. 

This method Worked no problem since Alpha until update yesterday. 

Can you launch arma by double clicking on the arma3.exe in the root folder?

Launcher works but problem is it doesnt see my mods because apparently the launcher only sees mods on the c: drive from what i have read.

To be clear the launcher will launch arma  but the executable gives the BEX error.

The splash screen starts... the bar gets about 1/3rd full to processing commandline... then I get the BEX windows error with Arma 3 "has stopped working"

Since East Wind is now one episode, currently it's showing me that only first episode is completed and other episodes are not listed at all. Last completed mission was when you escape from Stratis. If my save files are now broken, is there a code to unlock all missions? 

I do plan to replay East Wind after it's out from Dev. version.

Since East Wind is now one episode, currently it's showing me that only first episode is completed and other episodes are not listed at all. Last completed mission was when you escape from Stratis. If my save files are now broken, is there a code to unlock all missions? 

I do plan to replay East Wind after it's out from Dev. version.

Yup (long time i haven't used it though) : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Cheats#CAMPAIGN

• Like 1

Tweaked: The CfgPatches were rewritten to prep for new Eden Editor functionality (scenarios created on Dev-Branch may be not compatible with Main Branch until update 1.60 is released - more Intel in an upcoming SITREP)

What does this mean? Will we be able to change patches in the eden editor itself, rather than copy pasting it from the virtual arsenal (the non integrated one)? If you're reworking the patch system please consider adding individual patches to vests and helmets as well.

What does this mean? Will we be able to change patches in the eden editor itself, rather than copy pasting it from the virtual arsenal (the non integrated one)? If you're reworking the patch system please consider adding individual patches to vests and helmets as well.

No this doesn't have anything to do with arm patches. CfgPatches is the part of the game were all addons add an entry to. If you make an addon, chances are CfgPatches is the first thing you do. It defines the "internal" name of your addon, and will usually be stored along with the mission file if it defines something that ends up in the game itself. For example, if you use a weapon from the FHQ Weapon pack, the editor will store the name FHQ_Weapons in the mission file since this is the CfgPatches name. It means that the mission won't load if this entry is not found (i.e. the addon is not loaded). If the names change, or if new names get added that end up in the mission (say, I would split the weapon pack into individual weapons pbo's), then the mission can no longer be used with the earlier version of the pack; for core game files, it means that your mission becomes incompatible with earlier versions of the game.

• Like 2

I was just about to ask whether the server browser/launcher was abandoned, and then you release a huge patch for it. Can't wait to test it.

Jesus... for the fourth or fifth time since the Aresnal was added, my profile namespace was erased and all of my saved Arsenal loadouts went with it. Can you PLEASE have this stored in a more permanent way that is not dependent on some variable but rather stores them in .e.g. xml files somewhere? This is getting really annoying.

Jesus... for the fourth or fifth time since the Aresnal was added, my profile namespace was erased and all of my saved Arsenal loadouts went with it. Can you PLEASE have this stored in a more permanent way that is not dependent on some variable but rather stores them in .e.g. xml files somewhere? This is getting really annoying.

No  :D

Would an xml file be any more reliable than the profile variables file? I keep backups of mine just in case, although it has never been erased unexpectedly.

Would an xml file be any more reliable than the profile variables file? I keep backups of mine just in case, although it has never been erased unexpectedly.

Perhaps an idea to for BIS to implement (opt-out) SteamCloud for automatic backups in Arma 3?