IRL chemlights dont emit as much light as the game do

Whatever the case, the color of the chem light should not determine the amount of light being emitted. Thus BIS have to choose if they want weaker light (like what's happening with the green one) or stronger (which is the case for the rest of the other chem lights included in the game). 

• Like 1

Today's changelog mentioned about added ability to draw line in map interface... Can explain how to do this?

Thank you

Quick feedback regarding today's update:

Markers seem to be broken and pressing LCtrl+LMB while dragging the cursor on the map interface seems to crash the game 100% of the time.

I can confirm.

Devs are aware of the issue with markers, it should be fixed soon. On my side, I still can't manage the game to crash with LCtrl+LMB.

Some times there are problems with animations in MP:

1586a9fd8254382b4008471887dcbbe2.jpeg_5f7ad88a687ba86a67e7e3cffbf0fbdc.jpeg

Can confirm it, same problem all players hold it like a rifle.

New scoreboard is now useless, because if you are under nr.17 you don't see your own stats. So please make it like the old scoreboard where everyone had a own tab with his score!

• Like 3

Whatever the case, the color of the chem light should not determine the amount of light being emitted. Thus BIS have to choose if they want weaker light (like what's happening with the green one) or stronger (which is the case for the rest of the other chem lights included in the game). 

i think it's obvious that's a bad idea to now make all chemlights much darker suddenly. some mods, like Ravage, use them as they are now as lightsources. i don't see another purpose for them ingame anyways. realism or not. who cares really? in that case anyways...

• Like 1

Due to feedback tracker not working...

Launcher version: 1.4.135743
Game version: 1.59.135743
Branch: development

In the launcher the Portuguese language doesn't work, so far is the only language where this occur.

i think it's obvious that's a bad idea to now make all chemlights much darker suddenly. some mods, like Ravage, use them as they are now as lightsources. i don't see another purpose for them ingame anyways. realism or not. who cares really? in that case anyways...

Might seem obvious but for me it was not because I never played Ravage for example. Again, I don't care what they decide but I can tell this bug has existed even before Zeus was introduced in the game, so you can imagine how frustrating it is to still see it after Eden as been released. Plus it's a bug that's extremely easy to fix.

• Like 1

I'm crashing whenever I open the UAV terminal.

I can confirm!

Also, the killed eventhandler doesn't trigger when unit is killed by water.

Has anyone experienced large fps drops while firing, aiming, or with particle effects?. Not now, since some months ago and not necessarily with complex actions.
Some examples, all of them in the editor without AI:

Case 1. Looking at a fixed point.
- Watching: 73 fps.
- Aiming (RCO): 57 fps. 15 fps less with far fewer objects on screen!
- Aiming (RCO) and firing full auto: 35 fps!

Case 2. Looking at a fixed point, the same as case 1.
- Watching: 73 fps.
- Firing full auto without aiming: 60 fps.

Case 3. Throwing a single smoke grenade 3 m ahead.
- Before throwing: 73 fps.
- The smoke almost covers the whole screen: 45 fps!.

Are there any news about the LOD issues with grass & bushes and the disppearing shadows and buildings when turning around? Played some Arma 3 yesterday and  those issues were again really prominent to a point where I personally can't really focus on the combat.

Have there been changes to clouds? Cloud coverage is basically just a grey mud (on Overcast values ~ >0.7) in the latest dev branch.

Clouds are fine for me.

Are there any news about the LOD issues with grass & bushes and the disppearing shadows and buildings when turning around? Played some Arma 3 yesterday and  those issues were again really prominent to a point where I personally can't really focus on the combat.

So everybody else is getting really bad LOD switching too? For me it's mainly the taller grass (don't know what you call it, the stuff that looks like wheat) and the little round scrub plants. I agree, it's incredibly distracting. They don't stop switching until I'm almost running past them. The scrub has also taken on a kind of 2D look since the visual update.

Clouds are most terrible thing for me - rotating bug..... This is the only odd thing left after visual update that dont fit to the game. Just like connecting CMR 2 with Arma 3, or OFP with arma 3 (graphic features).

Artillery /Close support module via the support call module and a dedicated vehicles with a -1 number throws up an error and will not activate.

Changing the value to 4 still shows the same error, and still no artillery/CAS.

I'm finding that the azimuth of game logic's gets reset to 0 whenever I export a mission from the 2D editor to Eden. Currently on dev but suspect the problem may also be on stable.

2 April 2016

Dear BI dev team,

as I am quite sure you know, many of the ArmA titles have a large problem with optimization of computer components. For example, I use a desktop with an FX 6300, GTX 960 and 8gb of ram and ArmA 2 and 3 consistantly use only 30% to 40% of available resources despite much launcher optimization, driver optimization, and computer software optimization. What I ask is that you do one of two things, 1) Optimize ArmA 3's engine to better utilize computer components, 2) Optimize the engine that is to be used to create your next ArmA title. I hope you take this into consideration, and I plan on playing this series until the day that I am no longer free. Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Cobus

2 April 2016

Dear BI dev team,

as I am quite sure you know, many of the ArmA titles have a large problem with optimization of computer components. For example, I use a desktop with an FX 6300, GTX 960 and 8gb of ram and ArmA 2 and 3 consistantly use only 30% to 40% of available resources despite much launcher optimization, driver optimization, and computer software optimization. What I ask is that you do one of two things, 1) Optimize ArmA 3's engine to better utilize computer components, 2) Optimize the engine that is to be used to create your next ArmA title. I hope you take this into consideration, and I plan on playing this series until the day that I am no longer free. Keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Cobus

You're not the first one to report optimisation issues. These issues were already here on previous Arma games. BIS devs know it, and work on it, but they're not wizard. You will not see Arma 3 performances unlocked all at once, as by magic.

Most of BIS work here is directed toward new Enfusion engine (see ArmA 4 or equivalent), with some of the lower hanging fruit to be back-ported to A3.

Dear devs, there is UI bug present since.... i remember. Its field of operation in the inventory, virtual arsenal etc.
Problem is, you cant choose weapon/item on the bottom and on the top of list without scrooling down to it, so the wanted item will be in the middle of the list.
Bug is very annoying when you need do something fast and only limitation before choosing wanted item is.... glass? You see this item on the list but cant select it. Same for Virtual Arsenal - clicking on item covered with this dead zone is closing menu for item type (rifle, pistol, helmet, vest etc). Please fix this, it really annoying.

Bug with aiming deadzone is still present, were you zoom in and the weapon sights try to center, pretty annoying bug :(

Just been testing 1.59.135577, the GL Smoke Grenades bounce about like they are made of rubber.

After touchdown at anything less than 300m they jump high into the air, making them useless for either marking targets or providing cover.

http://i.imgur.com/roEPBXE.jpg

I think this has been a problem for a few patches now, would be nice to see this addressed.