Thanks to BXBX & everyone else who was involved in your first official mod release, well done.

For those who didn't see the new OPREP, click here

One quick thing I noticed this morning, the mod icon doesn't appear for me in the Virtual Arsenal or the Edit Loadout with current dev build. The one I mean is that shown in the video https://youtu.be/B1Zz7xHlAO8?t=2m17s

Hi,

Few bugs:

-----------

I keep getting this cloudlet error in rpt:

2016/04/22, 15:04:06 Error in expression <forceSize interpolate [150,150.1,-1,1]>
2016/04/22, 15:04:06   Error position: <forceSize interpolate [150,150.1,-1,1]>
2016/04/22, 15:04:06   Error Undefined variable in expression: forcesize

-----------

Artillery (opfor one) doesn't make smoke/dust clouds when main gun is fired (poss related to error above)

-----------

Also, this weirdness:

weird2.jpg

-----------

Thx

ahhhh, the new CSAT prototype active camo. XD

• Like 2

Not sure what's going on, but there's a serious lag problem after the latest Update. These are the following results.

-Join server session

-Load up, (time of loading into game differs depending on if the .exe had been running prior to joining, or being a fresh start)

-Initial FPS is fine, in a moderate modded environment, around 35 FPS on start

-Half point, FPS slows down, to 15-20, slight jittering or twitching of Character.

-1-1.5 hours of gameplay, Lag intensifies to 8 FPS, jittering and twitching becomes severe, and in one case of over 2 hours of playing... Extreme twitching, and disappearance, and complete invisibility of character in 3'd person.

that missing/changed collimator rvmat kills using customs optics right now :(

also guys would have been nice to know that debug console uses 'call' instead of 'bis_fnc_call' now.

Maybe I missed it.

have to update the cfgremoteexec...

15:51:36 Scripting command 'call' is not allowed to be remotely executed

also guys would have been nice to know that debug console uses 'call' instead of 'bis_fnc_call' now.

Maybe I missed it.

have to update the cfgremoteexec...

15:51:36 Scripting command 'call' is not allowed to be remotely executed

Yep, for now. Some work on improving RE is still WIP.

BTW, the issue with onSliderChange when setting daytime in 3Den is solved on my side.

I hope the following suggestion doesn't reach you too late:

Would it be possible for Tanoa buildings to define not only building positions, but also recommended directions? With the buildings we have currently, there is no way to quickly garison those building positions and put the soldiers in the right direction. Alot of advanced scripting has to be done to let them face windows etc.

• Like 6

Is it normal that in the Control Tower (Altis and Stratis airports) the door at last floor can't be opened? When pointing at it, only the ladder-up action shows up.

A few weeks ago our dev's announced a new command to change the camouflage and sound config values on the fly.

I read thru all command but couldn't find it. Does anyone remember the command name and did it make it to 1.58?

/KC

A few weeks ago our dev's announced a new command to change the camouflage and sound config values on the fly.

I read thru all command but couldn't find it. Does anyone remember the command name and did it make it to 1.58?

/KC

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setUnitTrait

• Like 1

I hope the following suggestion doesn't reach you too late:

Would it be possible for Tanoa buildings to define not only building positions, but also recommended directions? With the buildings we have currently, there is no way to quickly garison those building positions and put the soldiers in the right direction. Alot of advanced scripting has to be done to let them face windows etc.

Which takes seconds in EDEN. ;)

• Like 1

what about placing units via script/dynamically/on the fly? pretty sure that's what he's talking about.

I know, I've even added a garrison function into my 3den Enhanced mod, but let me tell you, one doesn't want to go and check the direction of every unit afterwards.

@Bohemia: would it be possible to have the island list in alphabetical order when choosing a mission or starting the editor ?

• Like 1

@Bohemia: would it be possible to have the island list in alphabetical order when choosing a mission or starting the editor ?

Just clique on "terrain" one time to have them in alphabetic order, or twice to have them in reverted alphabetic order. Example.

Just clique on "terrain" one time to have them in alphabetic order, or twice to have them in reverted alphabetic order. Example.

Thx for the advice !! :) 

I meant the screen before but it's still a small improvement !

• Like 1

I'm really happy you added keybinds for selecting vehicle weapons, so thanks for that :). The thing is, they're a bit awkward to use right now. When you bind Weapons group 1-4 to numbers 1-4, weapons are all over the place.

Tanks work how you would expect, 1 is cannon, 2 is MG.
Anti Air vehicles for example have number 1 empty, when you press 2, you get their main gun, press 3 and you get anti air missiles, 4 empty. Comanche/blackfoot is even weirder, 1 for main gun, number 2 is empty, on number 3 you get DAGR missiles, press 3 one more time and you get anti air missile, 4 is empty. 

Why not just add them like primary, secondary, and tertiary weapon on all vehicles. Primary would be default weapon, secondary would be the next weapon you get when you cycle firemode once (default F), and tertiary is the weapon you get when you cycle firemode 2 times, only you'd use keybinds 2 and 3 to select them instead of cycling. Everybody who was a gunner in blackfoot knows main gun is first, DAGR comes second after you cycle firemode, and AA missile is last, so just have them at 1, 2, and 3, instead of 1, 3, and 3 like it is now - and same for other vehicles, would be much simpler IMO.

• Like 2

I'm really happy you added keybinds for selecting vehicle weapons, so thanks for that :). The thing is, they're a bit awkward to use right now. When you bind Weapons group 1-4 to numbers 1-4, weapons are all over the place.

Tanks work how you would expect, 1 is cannon, 2 is MG.

Anti Air vehicles for example have number 1 empty, when you press 2, you get their main gun, press 3 and you get anti air missiles, 4 empty. Comanche/blackfoot is even weirder, 1 for main gun, number 2 is empty, on number 3 you get DAGR missiles, press 3 one more time and you get anti air missile, 4 is empty. 

Why not just add them like primary, secondary, and tertiary weapon on all vehicles. Primary would be default weapon, secondary would be the next weapon you get when you cycle firemode once (default F), and tertiary is the weapon you get when you cycle firemode 2 times, only you'd use keybinds 2 and 3 to select them instead of cycling. Everybody who was a gunner in blackfoot knows main gun is first, DAGR comes second after you cycle firemode, and AA missile is last, so just have them at 1, 2, and 3, instead of 1, 3, and 3 like it is now - and same for other vehicles, would be much simpler IMO.

+1, + if some weapon have automode (for example modded content BMP) and you have cannon binded to 1, you can push 1 again to switch fire rite (single, burst or full auto).

Why not just add them like primary, secondary, and tertiary weapon on all vehicles.

I don't believe that such a system could account for how many weapons a modder could stack onto a single gunner seat...

Just a small bug that made its way into 1.58:

Zeus 3D Icons appear to be drawn in wrong order. The background is infront of the foreground icon, mostly obscuring it.

A more serious zeus-related bug is that all the objectives/task modules are broken now, due to tasks system changes not being integrated.

I've got small, but in some situation SERIOUS bug.
When you are commanding squad and have empty vehicle with FFV and gunner position, and wanna quick order whole team to gei inside & to gunner seat, the gunner seat will be empty, and whole team will sit as passengers. AI just ignore gunners seat.

The best way to reproduce its on RHS mod - with MI-24 and BTR family. In Mi-24 Hind you have FFV and gunners place - you are getting in as pilot and mark whole squad to get in, gunners cabine is empty. Same happen when you are commanding only 2 man squad (2 pilots) - your fellow will board vehicle in back instead as gunner. In case of BTR, where player can get Inside and outside as passengers, and off course standard crew positions (Driver, commander, gunner), team will get on the outside position, ignoring standard crew seats - it happens even with 3 man squad.
RHS team says its not their fault. In fact it start to mess after 1.54 if i remember good (some update with changes in FFV positions)

Is it normal that in the Control Tower (Altis and Stratis airports) the door at last floor can't be opened? When pointing at it, only the ladder-up action shows up.

the door is on backwards, yes its a small bug.

if you look at the floor or turn around and face the ladder you'll get the action. 

I open all the control tower doors when the mission starts, to get around  the issue

(_this select 0) animateSource ['door_1_source',1];
(_this select 0) animateSource ['door_2_source',1];

the door is on backwards, yes its a small bug.

if you look at the floor or turn around and face the ladder you'll get the action. 

I open all the control tower doors when the mission starts, to get around  the issue

(_this select 0) animate ['door_1_rot',1];
(_this select 0) animate ['door_2_rot',1];

Or you can put there some AI guys that will touring whole tower.