Having a very similar issue, and it's been happening since Nexus update.

Does your game look like this when it happens?

I had that a while ago - your best bet I reckon is to let it play and hopefully it crashes, then upload the crash files here.  It might be worth keeping an eye on Task Monitor as I think it's RAM related.  Plus do you use pagefile/no pagefile/ramdisk etc?

I'm also experiencing the game dropping down to around 2 fps with the degraded graphics.

What's your system specs, what mods are you running ? degraded graphics? bold statement to make, the majority have seen no significant frame rate drop, and have praised the new "Splendid" upgrade but you are confident to blame the new graphics settings?

You're not really helping the Devs out at all, as the lack of details you provide it could be a dozen different reasons from simple defragging your HDD, to outdated GPU drivers, to the upgrade itself. 

• Like 1

What's your system specs, what mods are you running ? degraded graphics? bold statement to make, the majority have seen no significant frame rate drop, and have praised the new "Splendid" upgrade but you are confident to blame the new graphics settings?

You're not really helping the Devs out at all, as the lack of details you provide it could be a dozen different reasons from simple defragging your HDD, to outdated GPU drivers, to the upgrade itself. 

This isn't related to the visual update. The fps will permanently drop from 50+ to 5, and higher textures and lods aren't loaded, hence the graphical degradation.

Some people, including me, got that in december/january with the dev branch. This was discussed in the thread back then. And some weeks ago it started happening again randomly to me.

No mods, SSD, everything's cool and up-to-date.

• Like 1

This isn't related to the visual update. The fps will permanently drop from 50+ to 5, and higher textures and lods aren't loaded, hence the graphical degradation.

Some people, including me, got that in december/january with the dev branch. This was discussed in the thread back then. And some weeks ago it started happening again randomly to me.

No mods, SSD, everything's cool and up-to-date.

Does it happen on all maps? or just certain ones, very interesting issue, is there any sort of pre-warning you get?

Sometimes in the VA, I start to get a sort of shimmer around the characters, it looks like a camera having trouble focusing and on the odd occasion it will manifest in the game. 

Does it happen on all maps? or just certain ones, very interesting issue, is there any sort of pre-warning you get?

Sometimes in the VA, I start to get a sort of shimmer around the characters, it looks like a camera having trouble focusing and on the odd occasion it will manifest in the game. 

Only on Altis, but I don't play much on other maps.

And mission doesn't matter; I've had it on vanilla and custom ones, a couple of times even in nearly empty editor preview.

• Like 1

Only happens since I've switched to the dev branch.
Games fine for so long and then like a flick of switch it start to degrade down to 4 fps in about 5 to 10 seconds,quitting the editor back to the main menu and even reloading the editor didn't fix anything, only quitting and restarting the game seems to solve it.

No mods.
Happens in Eden editor.
Map Altis.

Specs

i7 3770k - no overclock.

GTX 970 x2 - no overclock, sli on   driver 361.91.

8gb of viper 3 black mamba.

240gb ssd x2 - in raid 0.

window 10.

• Like 1

Do you both use anything like Razor, game performance booster? It shuts down anything unnecessary to boost the game, it sounds like you're both suffering from  a massive memory leak maybe, it's also interesting that you're both running SSD's, can't recall the guy who was posting last week, was also running an SSD, is there any chance you could have issues with that?

I'm also experiencing the game dropping down to around 2 fps with the degraded graphics.

Try with a different memory allocator.

For instance this one, solved the same issues for some people.

-malloc=tbb3malloc_bi 

• Like 2

-malloc=tbb3malloc_bi 

You nailed it.

That seems to of fixed it for me.

I had set -malloc= to system a long time ago,changing it to your suggestion tbb3malloc_bi has so far been stable.

Thanks man :) 

I suggest to those using nvidia to roll back to 362.00 see if it makes a difference.

I had serious issues with drivers more recent than 362.00 (364.72 for example)

Likely won't be an issue for everyone but I've had no problems using 362.

-malloc=tbb3malloc_bi 

Thanks a fuck ton dude! Dev works like a charm now! :)

Like madeineano I had -malloc set to system.

• Like 1

Its somehow already done. To simply look a this in vanilla, fly A-164 and attack some tank with guided missles - it will deploy smoke and missle will miss. NOW IT NEED TO APPLY TO ALL GUIDED LAUNCHERS AND IT WILL BE RESOLVED.

It can be obserwed in RHS mod as well, where Shtora system detect incoming missle and rotates turret to incoming thread and deploy smoke cover.

I know the tanks deploy smoke when locked onto but ive never had a missile miss.

-malloc=tbb3malloc_bi

is extremely outdated version of allocator ...

please use up to date one

-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

• Like 7

-malloc=tbb3malloc_biis extremely outdated version of allocator ...please use up to date one-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

Look at this. Shouldn't this guy be busy making Apex amazeballs. instead of taking time out of his busy day to help some lost souls on the forums.. Tisk Tisk.

Get back to work Dwarden you helpful sob. :D we'll chalk this one up to a hangover Monday.

Some lost souls are interested in up to 25% better performance with fred41´s large page enabling malloc. I am one of them.

unfortunately fred41 malloc is no longer working in both RC and DEV branch..5 minutes in the game and the fps will drop to 1fps

Yes, sadly thats true. No drops in dev with deactivated custom malloc on my end too.

unfortunately fred41 malloc is no longer working in both RC and DEV branch..5 minutes in the game and the fps will drop to 1fps

What ?? Oh my God!! Fred41 where are you? :o

I know the tanks deploy smoke when locked onto but ive never had a missile miss.

Only missles from aircrafts missing taget when smoke is deployed. Still, AT guided missles - handhelded & static - hit the target.

Only missles from aircrafts missing taget when smoke is deployed. Still, AT guided missles - handhelded & static - hit the target.

Perhaps one day, we won't even need smoke in Arma to deflect advanced missiles like TOW's and Titan's.

i think TOW wouldn't care about sthora, since they're beam riding, if i remember correctly. ;)

is it me or turret search lights are no longer following turret rotation on RC & DEV? it's still working on 1.56

• Like 1

i think TOW wouldn't care about sthora, since they're beam riding, if i remember correctly. ;)

But the thing is, that was a TOW. There's a decent amount of footage of TOW's simply flying straight up when about 10-20 feet away from new armor. (probably later version of TOW though, who knows)

Anyhow though, in regards to something i've long since wondered, the Tactical glasses/shades, will they ever see actually functionality? For example, Canadian forces are now developing gear that lets soldiers share info. Sort of like the system for the F-35, but for Infantry that say, one person see's, they can see it in real time through goggles, or a gadget similar to google glass, which anyone wearing said gear can share and see intel, live. This would be interesting and useful for example, recon units, pilots spotting for infantry or JTAC units. As of right now though, the Tactical glasses are simply just appeal.

Actually about shtora:
Shtora have ~80-90% chance of blinding enemy missle. It includes TOW. Its accurate against this type of missles, from the Arma game (and mods) its not only accurate against Javelin, But that's why i asked for IR Smoke launchers. Its only not working thread in this chain (tank warfare)

Edited by R0adki11
removed capitals as its equivalent to shouting.
  • Like 1

got a question about animals. was anything changed there? trying to spawn some animals so there can be global rabbits (why would they even be local, kind of goes against basic logic having a visual thing like that be non-sync). the thing is that they seem to get deleted automatically. i will review my code more in depth but so far it seems like the engine is doing it since it doesn't happen when spawning CAManBase dudes instead of animals.  

caused by a mod = useless post :936:

anyways. i hope everyone had a less than shitty monday *leaves backwards through door bowing*

• Like 1