That's mostly Greek  to me, would you mind explaining what this will change in the future?

Rifles with GLs have two muzzles - one for the rifle part and a separate muzzle for the GL. They're indexed in the form of an array[] = {0, 1, 2, 3...} etc.

Adding extra muzzles to weapons in the config you have the parameter e.g muzzles[] = {"this", "EGLM"}; where each extra muzzle beyond "this" is effectively a separate cfgweapons class with its own set of compatible magazines, firemodes etc. So "EGLM" in the example is the classname of the EGLM cfgWeapons class.

But anyway, weapons only really had a limited number of animation sources, and most of these animation would play regardless of which muzzle the weapon was using. For example there was reloadMagazine which played on the whole weapon whether you were reloading the rifle (first muzzle - index 0 in the array) or the GL (second muzzle - index 1 in the array). So when you'd reload the GL the rifle mag would disappear. And when you fired the GL, the reload animation source would cause the rifle bolt to slide back like you had fired a shot with that muzzle as well.

There are a couple of animations that were separated by selecting the second muzzle like the zeroing feature for the GL's red-dots using the zeroing2 source. And you know how in a recent patch, BIS added animations for the grenade launcher tubes opening when you reload them? That was because they added a new animation source called reloadMagazine2 to provide that function for the second muzzle. It fixed the issue with mags dropping out when reloading the GL since there was now separation of the two sources.

It was great that BIS added those, but they'd only apply to a secondary muzzle; i.e. a muzzle that was index 1 in the Muzzles[]= array. If you wanted to make a weapon with 3 or 4 muzzles you still didn't have extra animation sources for those. It was kind of frustrating to wait for BIS to add these kind of specific, named animation sources to add these extras for the 2nd muzzle because there were lots of actions that could benefit from this kind of separation of the muzzle animation sources in addition to reloadmagazine and zeroing.

However, after this change, most of the weapon animation sources can be configured in such a way that you can make as many weapon muzzles as you like, and have unique anims for each of them without the need for BIS to have programmed a specific named animation sources for each one. They cover far more actions than were previously available to alternate muzzles.

So now you can have bolts, triggers, selector switches etc. etc. that only move when the player is using a certain muzzle on that weapon. Or if you want them to apply when any muzzle is selected, you can. One just has to put .N after the name of the animation source (e.g. reload.N), where "N" is the index of that muzzle in the Muzzles[]= array

• Like 9

Pretty cool , also some more Weapon attachment sources would be nice

like the for the Opticmode and few others that i can't remember now

Manly tears were shed when I read the biki page earlier this morning. Honestly, fantastic news.

Indeed. I do wish though they would have added an animation source to animate attachments when looking through the scope and for backup sights, would make things like ShortDot or VCOG usable and not make them appear like a tunnel anymore.

Edit: Ninja'ed by RobertHammer... no wonder, with that avatar :D

• Like 1

The 'Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1' animation doesn't play properly if you're holding a weapon. Also, changing the time of day through the numbers (hours) instead of the slider pops up an error.

Can you please PM me exact repro of the Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_part1 bug you mention? I don't see anything wrong with this anim. Thank you very much!

Added: Action Menu Filtering (hiding action parameters for weapon switching)

So has anyone found out how that works? I expected some sort of a new settings menu where one set which actions are shown/hidden.

So has anyone found out how that works? I expected some sort of a new settings menu where one set which actions are shown/hidden.

Your quote is missing the word support. I read it like they just added a support for that feature but the actual implementation is still missing.

• Like 1

Added: Action Menu Filtering (hiding action parameters for weapon switching)

Actually, this is just a part of the tech, the rest of it, along with a new topic will arrive soon  :292:

• Like 3

Actually, this is just a part of the tech, the rest of it, along with a new topic will arrive soon  :292:

Awesome, can't wait!

Indeed. I do wish though they would have added an animation source to animate attachments when looking through the scope and for backup sights, would make things like ShortDot or VCOG usable and not make them appear like a tunnel anymore.

Would be cool but has nobody considered what an improvement it would be, and how relatively simple it would be, to provide a 1-second camera transition when switching optic-modes/eye-positions? The way it jumps seems way below the immersion/fidelity now present in just about every other aspect of weapon handling. Possibly even better if it faded any 2D optic view in/out over the same period (or the last/first half of).

• Like 5

Actually, this is just a part of the tech, the rest of it, along with a new topic will arrive soon.

Added: Action Menu Filtering based on accessible actions

It's now fully in the dev branch. More information will arrive later today.

To test it, bind one of these actions:

Switch to Primary Weapon

Switch to Handgun

Switch to Secondary Weapon

If bound, it won't appear in the action menu and you will be able to use the key to switch to a weapon. :292:

• Like 7

It's now fully in the dev branch. More information will arrive later today.

To test it, bind one of these actions:

Switch to Primary Weapon

Switch to Handgun

Switch to Secondary Weapon

If bound, it won't appear in the action menu and you will be able to use the key to switch to a weapon. :292:

Works splendidly but I hope players will be able to customise that a bit more in the future. For example, I'd personally also like to get rid of actions like: Engine on/off, gear up/down, inventory (near a vehicle, "I" works for that) and things like change the type of ammo in a weapon (I like to do that inside the inventory)

• Like 3

absolutely. especially things like eject so close to inventory in helicopters.

Works splendidly but I hope players will be able to customise that a bit more in the future. For example, I'd personally also like to get rid of actions like: Engine on/off, gear up/down, inventory (near a vehicle, "I" works for that) and things like change the type of ammo in a weapon (I like to do that inside the inventory)

I like that. Does engine on off have dedicated key? Gear up gear down has G.

Inventory near vehicle can be difficult at times you might be pressing key and nothing

happens (wrong spot).If you use scroll wheel you know that you can't access it.

Nothing would be better than to put action menu to the past, but I feel like for some

things we need new interaction system.Something that dayz team is tackling I think

at the moment or in future iterations.

I like that. Does engine on off have dedicated key?

Yes. It's in the settings somewhere; I have it set to E.

Nothing would be better than to put action menu to the past, but I feel like for some

things we need new interaction system.Something that dayz team is tackling I think

at the moment or in future iterations.

I personally like the action menu, but in the past it was just to cluttered with pointless actions.

Inventory near vehicle can be difficult at times you might be pressing key and nothing

happens (wrong spot).If you use scroll wheel you know that you can't access it.

There's icon showing so press when you can see the inventory (or is it rearm?) icon. Sometimes get in icons can block it but it's pretty obvious if you can access the vehicle inventory from that spot. Usually from the front of the vehicle you can't but you can from the sides or back.

In AA vehicles, weapons are in Weapon Groups 2 and 3 instead of Groups 1 and 2.

Can someone confirm ?

-EDIT :

In Blackfoot and Orca, they're in G1 and G3 instead of G1 and G2.

best update ever! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I like the idea, that everything you bind to a key (not only weapons) would automatically vanish from the action menu.

last step for perfect usabilty would be to have context actions (interactiosn with objects) seperated from the "old" action menu (different key, that will never again accidentelly trigger your explosives).

• Like 2

There's icon showing so press when you can see the inventory (or is it rearm?) icon. Sometimes get in icons can block it but it's pretty obvious if you can access the vehicle inventory from that spot. Usually from the front of the vehicle you can't but you can from the sides or back.

Oh, I will try that out once on the server, see how it works out.

I personally like the action menu, but in the past it was just to cluttered with pointless actions.

There's good video that explained to me very well why action menu is not the best option

as default interaction system.

• Like 1

Couple keys that you need to add in the game so we can get rid off some things in the action menu. Some things people likely want to keep in the action menu and some don't so options fr these would be nice:

- Re-arm (I actually never even use this)

- Collision lights

- Touch off bombs(s)

- Take controls

- Artillery computer

- Open UAV terminal

But will there be some option that we could see an action in the action menu even if it has assigned key for it? Some of the things could be good to have both maybe especially for new players or if you're now first time assigning some keys and you forgot where you had assigned them.

Also we need explosives to be same like the weapons or grenades.

They should either appear in the weapon info just like grenades except in a different category. Press key and you plant explosive you have chosen.

Or hey should work like weapons so you switch to them and you've it in your hands. Press fire and you place the explosive on the ground.

• Like 3

Also we need explosives to be same like the weapons or grenades.

They should either appear in the weapon info just like grenades except in a different category. Press key and you plant explosive you have chosen.

This. They should at least not be in the action menu.

• Like 1

There's good video that explained to me very well why action menu is not the best option

as default interaction system.

All those issues could be solved by removing pointless actions (e.g which have keys binded to them) and the introduction of a proper "Action key" "F" for example.

• Like 1

I made a config for myself that hides alot of actions that can be bound to keys.

If someone wants to have a look it's in the link.

http://pastebin.com/A78EpsQX

Or hey should work like weapons so you switch to them and you've it in your hands. Press fire and you place the explosive on the ground.

Thought about that long time ago. Shacktac has a similar system, you kind of take a grenade in your hand and only throw it by pressing LMB. It doesn't have the grenade in the hand model, but it works. ACE will have that soon too. Can be done for charges too. There's so many things wrong with the interaction menu right now. The game has grown so huge but yet we still use the same old mouse-wheel system from 2001. Dslyecxi's video is right on point on that topic.

• Like 2