Also getting that bug.

yup - same here too

Anyone else noticed the sights on attached GLs no longer work? Only ever get the view for the rifles sight....

Anyone else noticed the sights on attached GLs no longer work? Only ever get the view for the rifles sight....

The GL sight modes still work for me

Are you trying to use the GL while the weapon is deployed on a surface? You cant use the GL firemode when deployed.

Nah, he's right - they don't work. I hadn't received today's dev-Branch update when I tried first time around (thought I had). So sorry for claiming it worked when it doesn't

I found some bug (?) in game structures. Look at this issue - detected by ACE 3 :
https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3661

I verified game files and it didnt helped.

"There is no config.cpp in structures_f_exp_a.pbo. Their binarizer probably errored out when making that PBO."

I found some bug (?) in game structures. Look at this issue - detected by ACE 3 :

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3661

I verified game files and it didnt helped.

"There is no config.cpp in structures_f_exp_a.pbo. Their binarizer probably errored out when making that PBO."

Maybe try without ACE 3, using Mods and the dev environment may give errors out..

Maybe try without ACE 3, using Mods and the dev environment may give errors out..

I know its problem with ace, but they said that one of your files dont contain config file, and its sorted as "BIS FAULT". So i wanted that deveopers would know about it.

After yesterday devbranch update Ai had big problems with idle animations on phrone - they was gimnastic like aliens. Look here :

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=2046

Dont know yet is this ai, or vanilla bug, but started after yesterday update.

Hmm, I was not able to reproduce it with the vanilla version of ARMA 3. Maybe it is a RHS realted issue?

What about the other guys that confirmed the issue too? Have you tried to reproduce it with RHS activated or in vanilla?

Hmm, I was not able to reproduce it with the vanilla version of ARMA 3. Maybe it is a RHS realted issue?

What about the other guys that confirmed the issue too? Have you tried to reproduce it with RHS activated or in vanilla?

Vanilla - no mods

Vanilla - no mods

Besides that, please read reply from RHS.

The GL sight modes still work for me

Are you trying to use the GL while the weapon is deployed on a surface? You cant use the GL firemode when deployed.

Not deployed. Tried it in Arsenal also

Love the new comment function, no more todo.txt files in the mission folder.

One issue though, the tooltip should display multiple lines, otherwise longer comments will exeed the limits of the screen.

Edit: If one tries to log the position of a comment, a script error is popping up, probably comment entities are not saved in "bis_fnc_3DENEntityMenu_data"

12:55:02 Error in expression <_pos resize 2; _pos};
default {(_entity get3DENAttribute "position") select 0};
>
12:55:02   Error position: <get3DENAttribute "position") select 0};
>
12:55:02   Error get3denattribute: Type Number, expected Array,String,Object,Group
12:55:02 File A3\3DEN\Functions\fn_3DENEntityMenu.sqf, line 225
12:55:02 Error in expression <_pos resize 2; _pos};
default {(_entity get3DENAttribute "position") select 0};
>
12:55:02   Error position: <get3DENAttribute "position") select 0};
>
12:55:02   Error Generic error in expression
12:55:02 File A3\3DEN\Functions\fn_3DENEntityMenu.sqf, line 225

I know its problem with ace, but they said that one of your files dont contain config file, and its sorted as "BIS FAULT". So i wanted that deveopers would know about it.

Not sure how its one my files - Im not employed by BIS - moderators are volunteers :ph34r: . Well now its been mentioned, hopefully a BIS dev can address the issue.

• Like 2

• Added: A new VoNCodec implementation based on Opus (can be enabled by setting vonCodec = 1; in the server.cfg)

Oh! I remember requesting this a long long time ago. Nice to finally see it implemented. Old codec was kinda outdated. :)

Oh! I remember requesting this a long long time ago. Nice to finally see it implemented. Old codec was kinda outdated. :)

do not worry, there're many such items on my endless list of what to improve/add ;)

and don't hate Speex it was quite fine codec, just not developed anymore as OPUS replaced it and half dozen others

• Like 2

Hi BIS. Don't know, where to write else, so writing here =( (Copy of my thread in troubleshooting)

Can you repair group number in lobby in 1.58 please? This bug rises just when you place groups in 3d editor. When you place groups in 2d editor, all group numbers are ok.

Video with bug:

It's really critical bug, when you play 180+ pvp games -_-

• Like 1

do not worry, there're many such items on my endless list of what to improve/add ;)

and don't hate Speex it was quite fine codec, just not developed anymore as OPUS replaced it and half dozen others

What we can expect from Opus in terms of scalability, stability or responsiveness?

Edit: Opus presentation

I got a question, second question after :

Is the tank reversing fixed in RC branch?

Is there any way to disable rain at all, and let only clouddy weather? Its definetly a bug, if you cannot set clouddy (dark) weather, there is allways the rain with that, no possibility to disable it. Even after manual switching OFF the rain in editor, its automaticly ON, when prewieving mission.

What we can expect from Opus in terms of scalability, stability or responsibility?

'Responsiveness'? :)

• Like 1

Added: Support for custom user connections

:yay:

Seems that the custom (example?) class for the custom connection is half weird, there is no such conditions as objectEmpty or objectAI which will both log errors in the rpt, and the expression doesn't seem to do anything. At least I couldn't get the expression to diag_log anything..  :shrug:

The connection itself seems to work fine though.

OPUS is IETF standard, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_(audio_format)

Opus_bitrate%2Blatency_comparison.svg

Opus_quality_comparison_colorblind_compa

that's all you need to know , as it means more optimized code vs software/hardware etc.

also note: vonCodecQuality 21 to 30 (ultra-wide-band) is 32kHz for Speex but 48kHz for OPUS

• Like 2

Oh the glorious audio engine overhaul brought many good things.

Does stuttering on side channel and global still happens with new codec?