• Fixed: The AI tank drivers would disobey commanders’ orders in some cases (e.g. to avoid obstacles when driving forward)

FINALLY! Please, dont change it any more, it work fine now (DEV branch), only physx can be fixed, more, but you maked tanks now playable lot more, thank you!!!!!!!!

FINALLY! Please, dont change it any more, it work fine now (DEV branch), only physx can be fixed, more, but you maked tanks now playable lot more, thank you!!!!!!!!

You might know but they don't intentionally break things, or create bugs.Any change they make may cause problem

somewhere else so only way to deal with this is to prioritize bugs appropriately : D

Since the Eden update, once releasing the free-look button, the head returns to the middle much slower than it used to be. It's back to Arma 2 standards and it's really annoying.

You might know but they don't intentionally break things, or create bugs.Any change they make may cause problem

somewhere else so only way to deal with this is to prioritize bugs appropriately : D

I was asking for this 2 years.... finally i can enjoy armored warfare.

Just noticed the context menu entry to create custom compositions. Can't wait for it!

Just noticed the context menu entry to create custom compositions. Can't wait for it!

Could this be it? Any chance to get the action menu killed? :o

Could this be it? Any chance to get the action menu killed? :o

That would be a massive advance for the series if so.

It must be Stockholm syndrome-but I find myself looking for the action menu when other games don't have it :)

• Like 2

On another note, I used to play a mod where they added some script that allowed some features of Endgame to be used. Now I don't know what feature it was, it it allowed me and all my group members to be able to mark a neat little marker fit with different colors and transparency, to be seen by everyone at the press of a button. Anyway to bring this feature into Vanilla gameplay as say a Custom key binding?

Hold on! Calm ya tits!

I was talking about the 3den context menu, which has absolutely nothing to do with action menu. You guys must be smoking some really good stuff.

• Like 2

Is it a known bug when firing from Mk6 mortar injures and eventually kills you? Because I found it out like a half year ago and even already forgot about it. But today while I was practicing in mortar firing I remebered it because I died on like thirtieth shot. Or it is not a bug but rather a weapon degradation mechanics because not only it kills you but also damages the mortar =).

Anyone tried this yet?

Added: Command Menu - resolving commanding priorities and adding new actions

From 1.56:

• Fixed: Headgear randomization on civilians and FIA combatants was overriding custom loadouts configured in Eden Arsenal. The randomization is now disabled completely in scenarios created by the Eden Editor.

This fix is clearly a bug: gear randomization (not just headgear) is part of vanilla content and many mods. You can disable it via the description.ext (cf https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#disableRandomization) and you can do it by class, so that a mission maker can have randomization on some units and have it disabled on others. There's absolutely no need to massively disable it without any way to re-enable it.

Simple question:

when will you revert this "fix" and add disableRandomization in the mission properties so that we can have the same functionnality as we used to have in the 2D editor ?

(or add a per unit property to enable/disable it; or disable it only when running the arsenal for a unit)

Eden is great but removing features is not the right path.

Thx !

From 1.56:

This fix is clearly a bug: gear randomization (not just headgear) is part of vanilla content and many mods. You can disable it via the description.ext (cf https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#disableRandomization) and you can do it by class, so that a mission maker can have randomization on some units and have it disabled on others. There's absolutely no need to massively disable it without any way to re-enable it.

Simple question:

when will you revert this "fix" and add disableRandomization in the mission properties so that we can have the same functionnality as we used to have in the 2D editor ?

(or add a per unit property to enable/disable it; or disable it only when running the arsenal for a unit)

Thx !

Wasn't there also a variable one could save in the unit's namespace to disable randomization? Did a quick search on the wiki but couldn't find it.

Wasn't there also a variable one could save in the unit's namespace to disable randomization? Did a quick search on the wiki but couldn't find it.

not sure if its still relevant:

_unit setVariable ['BIS_enableRandomization',FALSE,TRUE];

Thx !! I think you meant this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", true];

I'll test that as soon as I'm back home.

Thx !! I think you meant this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", true];

I'll test that as soon as I'm back home.

I think the original post said "disable randomization", so mdcclxxvi was right, and the thrid parameter only says to set it globally, which in this context is probably not needed.

I think the original post said "disable randomization", so mdcclxxvi was right, and the thrid parameter only says to set it globally, which in this context is probably not needed.

Ok, thanks for the info. Testing in about 2-3 hours

Anyone tried this yet?

Added: Command Menu - resolving commanding priorities and adding new actions

"Added: Command Actions to open the Command Menu and its relevant pages (planned for resolving weapon switching and command menu priorities). The presets were updated to reflect this."

Woah so finally they're implementing what I've been wishing couple of times so much :292: I'm so going to test this if it's already working.

/Not working yet for me at least but I can't wait for this.

using BIS_enableRandomization is not working with EDEN.

What is weird is that face randomization is still active.

From 1.56:

Simple question:

Thx !

The gear randomization is handled at the data level (scripted system) while the face randomization happens at the engine level. We had to disable the gear randomization for Eden missions because it was breaking the custom loadout set from the arsenal. This situation is not meant to be definitive and will hopefully be solved in a near future. :292:

In the current state of the system, the variable won't work because the function used by the system will exit if the mission version is superior to 14 which is the case of the 3D editor. In addition, the default value of the variable is true.

• Like 1

The gear randomization is handled at the data level (scripted system) while the face randomization happens at the engine level. We had to disable the gear randomization for Eden missions because it was breaking the custom loadout set from the arsenal. This situation is not meant to be definitive and will hopefully be solved in a near future. :292:

Great news ! It's good to see that you consider this as a "to be fixed" situation. Now I'm working on my 'how to be patient' skill ;) 

Added: An Apex control preset is now available for weapon switching and commanding of units (we’ll be experimenting with more controls improvements here; info in a future SITREP)

This is all well and good, but without the ability to save/load, export/import your personal control configurations presets, I'm not really too keen to test this out and then have to go back and re-input all my controls to how I have them now.

It would be great to have a method of storing and recalling (and possibly sharing) our controls layouts, beyond copy and pasting the ARMA3PROFILE file.

EDIT: Unless I've completely misunderstood what this means...

Please fix savegame issues, i'm not able to normally play the game. Bug in arma is normal, so to play with them loading savegame is necessary option.

unable to load config variable to:
17:38:58 C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\missions\rhs_sp_heavy_metal.altis\save.Arma3Save.: Item count not matching: 3699!=3701
17:38:58 Error 'Bad file structure' at 'C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\missions\rhs_sp_heavy_metal.altis\save.Arma3Save.'.

WITH EVERY MISSION I SAVE

I've been away from Arma for a week or so due to work, so not sure when this crept back in...  Last night I found that when I want to select a menu item, I can no longer use my "Fire" key (my mouse button) and now have to ONLY use my "Menu interact" key (which happens to be my mouse scroll button).  Previously, I could use either.  I'll play with it a little more tonight to see if something got reset, but figured I'd see if anyone else had the same issue.