Apologies if this has already been asked,

But if I go to Dev Branch version 1.56, create a mission in 3D editor, save it...then revert back to release candidate 1.54...will that mission be fully playable?

I'd like to make the leap to using that awesome looking editor to start building my missions now.

Actually, the Release Candidate is 1.56, it is mostly identical with dev branch. The only branches that are not compatible with Eden Editor missions are the main branch of the game and legacy / ports :icon_twisted:

Actually, the Release Candidate is 1.56, it is mostly identical with dev branch. The only branches that are not compatible with Eden Editor missions are the main branch of the game and legacy / ports :icon_twisted:

Pardon me, that's what I meant.  If I go back to the latest released official version, after making a mission in the Dev version...would that mission be playable?

If I deleted the "3DEN" out of the mission.sqf..would that make it playable in the official release version?

Pardon me, that's what I meant.  If I go back to the latest released official version, after making a mission in the Dev version...would that mission be playable?

If I deleted the "3DEN" out of the mission.sqf..would that make it playable in the official release version?

No need to worry, there is a plenty of branches. The latest released official version is the main branch, which means the mission won't be compatible. On the other hand, we plan to release the Eden Update soon, that may possibly help :icon_twisted:

• Like 1

Well HBAO+ is NVIDIA stuff so that's the reason very likely:

HBAO+ can be run on either NVidia or AMD if the developer has implemented it as an option in the game settings (just like FXAA). It does, however, deliver a disproportionate impact on AMD cards.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2102005/nvidia-features-amd.html#13079502

OK as for compatibility for missions 1.56 > 1.54 - THEY should work.

As for losing performance i HAD this issue but fixed it. AMD R9270OC so my card is similar, update the driver, there is 16.1.1 , INSTALL IT AS ADMIN, now get to A3 profile, and DISABLE TESSELATION, change texture filtering to PERFORMANCE, and shader cache to ON (not amd optimalised). Off course make sure you have disabled VSync. BTW HBAO+ is in two available settings - standard and high - high apply to the world vegetation, while normal apply to static objects and vehicles, soldiers. Try to set normal.

I just found a major bug in 3den.

The 3d icons of objects won't show up again, if the layer those objects where in, was hidden and transformation was disabled before. That makes it incredible tedious to select those objects afterwards.

The icons however, appear again after the scenario has been reloaded.

I have posted in the FEEDBACK system but I thought I would post here. The Camera locks in Eden when you place a playable solider down and PREVIEW. You can not move the camera again, until you delete the playable soldier, go into Preview where you get an sky view of the map and then return to Eden. I have had it with all factions and without any mods. Always when you try a Preview as a playable Soldier.

• Like 1

Guys, NVidia released a new drivers. Has anything changed? Maybe shadow bug disappeared?

The update notes mention improvements for Arma 3. Nvidia is spreading some more love for this game now that they implemented HBAO+

• Like 2

New Steam achievements aren’t implanted in DEV ?

Those new Achievements are disabled on Dev-Branch until Eden Update is released (they do work in RC).

• Like 2

Guys, NVidia released a new drivers. Has anything changed? Maybe shadow bug disappeared?

Checked yesterday quickly and the shadow bug fixed for me using this latest Nvidia driver.

Well HBAO+ is NVIDIA stuff so that's the reason very likely:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2102005/nvidia-features-amd.html#13079502

Just noticed some incredible frame issue on my end and I wasn't quite sure what it was. So I rememberd that the last setting I changed was the HBAO one and yes, after I disabled it, my frames are all stable again. I guess it's because I am on an AMD card.

Just noticed some incredible frame issue on my end and I wasn't quite sure what it was. So I rememberd that the last setting I changed was the HBAO one and yes, after I disabled it, my frames are all stable again. I guess it's because I am on an AMD card.

I'm using a 290x and have no problems, so it shouldn't be related to the manufacturer.

I'm using a 290x and have no problems, so it shouldn't be related to the manufacturer.

Yeh it shouldn't be, but on the other hand, my 380 should handle that feature without any noticeable framedrops. Gonna do some further testing.

I agree. The "HBAO+ runs bad on AMD because it's Nvidia software" argument is more or less just a myth. HBAO+ is all just generic pixel shader code and should run equally well on AMD. Personally I don't see any performance hit on my R9 290X.

Anyone else having the issue of the unit HUD icons disappearing? i had it set so that the white box that shows around each squad mate was turned off,but when the unit was selected it would appear,then fade away again. But now there seems no option for this-it is either on or off. Is this intentional or a bug?

The new viewVector command, will that replace this sort of code?

_000 = positionCameraToWorld [0,0,0];
_001 = positionCameraToWorld [0,0,1];
_dirPlayer = ((_001 select 0) - (_000 select 0)) atan2 ((_001 select 1) - (_000 select 1));

The new viewVector command, will that replace this sort of code?

_dirPlayer = ((_001 select 0) - (_000 select 0)) atan2 ((_001 select 1) - (_000 select 1));

I guess it's more like:

viewVector = _001 vectorDiff _000;

Notice how I used viewVector as a variable name? It's because the command isn't in there yet. :icon_twisted:

The device that appear in the Nexus trailer @0:17 (

)

Do you know whether it landed in the game or not ?