Tweaked: Weapon switching takes priority over command menu interaction while the menu is not open. Toggle the menu by using the ‘select all’ action, and close the menu by using any (even disabled or invisible) command action (WIP and under evaluation)

Have just been testing that and it's awesome. So any chance we could see seperated actions to select through grenades?

Key 1: main weapon

Key 2: pistol

Key 3: launcher

Key 4: frag

Key 5: smoke

(Key 6: ir grenade, chemlights etc.)

Something along those lines?

Last but not least I find the control menu entry "Switch to secondary weapon" kinda misleading, what do you think about renaming it to "Switch to launcher"?

Btw: The new font changes are a step back, but I guess that's still heavily WIP.

That is great news, I transfered my command menu keys to numpad, I guess they're gonna go back pretty soon. Since you guys (BIS) are already messing with keys, any chance adding a key for grenade launcher?

I got used to it in ACE3, and whenever I try playing vanilla, it feels really weird clicking through firemodes to get to the grenade launcher.

Have just been testing that and it's awesome. So any chance we could see seperated actions to select through grenades?

Last but not least I find the control menu entry "Switch to secondary weapon" kinda misleading, what do you think about renaming it to "Switch to launcher"?

Glad you like it!

Regarding your question about grenades, it is actually possible to cycle through your available grenades using the LCTRL+G key combination - feel free to re-bind this to suit your needs.

Finally, the reason why "Secondary Weapon" was chosen was because your secondary weapon may not necessarily be a launcher (considering Arma 3 as a platform). However, I do understand that this may be misleading. Perhaps we'll re-visit the string naming at some point.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

• Like 5

"seperated actions to select through grenades?"

Regarding your question about grenades, it is actually possible to cycle through your available grenades using the LCTRL+G key combination - feel free to re-bind this to suit your needs.

I assume he knows he can cycle through types of grenades with ctr + G, so perhaps thequestion was about selecting the specific type of grenade without

cycling 2 times when ideally he should just press once.Similar to Flir/Nightvision/IR cameras - do I really have to keep cycling through Flir and IR views

when I only need Nightvision?

Real life has keys and pockets for that.Cycling really isn't ideal solution.Can arma has specific keys for each to avoid weeding through things we don't need?

Gwy I could be wrong of course ; )

• Like 1

trackir is working again, don´t change that anymore ;)

but found another bug with the shooting pos. in vehicles. best look at the video

https://youtu.be/6gDTCQMTpp4

no weapon in turned out pos in offroader awitches heas 180 degrees.

• Like 2

Please fix PhysX finally, it wait too long. Launching tank in random direction isnt funny no more. I die tousands of times beacuse of this - tank is throwed on tree - damage to tank and dead crew, throwing under enemy fire from the cover.... And the reversing... Playing tanks is almost impossible. All tanks are driving like crasy and getting stuck on buildings now [RC]. 30% of them are upside-down. Please, do something about it. Reversing & PhysX is most gamebreaking issue in arma ever.....

• Like 1

Please fix PhysX finally, it wait too long. Launching tank in random direction isnt funny no more. I die tousands of times beacuse of this - tank is throwed on tree - damage to tank and dead crew, throwing under enemy fire from the cover.... And the reversing... Playing tanks is almost impossible. All tanks are driving like crasy and getting stuck on buildings now [RC]. 30% of them are upside-down. Please, do something about it. Reversing & PhysX is most gamebreaking issue in arma ever.....

Since 1.42 - No one seems to care.

• Like 5

Yep, wheeled vehicles are fine, but tracked vehicle phyX system need serious overhaul.Past previous year they focused a lot

on the infantry system which is great, then the heli dlc came along.And tracked vehicle got left neglected.Guess the dedicated

phyX programmer did implement amphibious tracked vehicle to swim, but that's where story ends.Oh gotta remember the time

when they put the bandaid on and introduced multiple wheels to tracks to minimize problem.

What is technical explanation of lounging tank in random direction?

• Like 2

What is technical explanation of lounging tank in random direction?

I have ~zero technical knowledge but every time I've encountered that, the tracks go under the terrain mesh and off goes the tank, it feels like the engine tries to get the tracks back above the surface with way way too much force. 

I have ~zero technical knowledge but every time I've encountered that, the tracks go under the terrain mesh and off goes the tank, it feels like the engine tries to get the tracks back above the surface with way way too much force. 

That doesn't explain why this also happens on perfectly flat surfaces and usually only when turning the tank. I suspect there is an underlying fundamental problem with how the game does tracked vehicles. It's never worked right, I still remember the squatting tanks in OFP, or the vaulting Tanks in Arma, on top of general problems whenever vehicles meet obstacles. I suspect we'll have to deal with it at this point.

I would think that if vehicle collides with ground (and enters through) it would result in explosion like with helicopters.But perhaps is different story because helis

collide with greater speed while tanks don't.

I suspect we'll have to deal with it at this point.

I'm bit saddened to realize that we had to and still have to deal with it ever since arma 3 came out, and it hurts

especially because I adore combined arms prospect in arma 3.

That's pretty much what it is. If you simulate a contact between two physically affected bodies in realtime, it needs to follow the physics like a very stiff spring. If the spring is not stiff enough, the bodies will penetrate each other too much (which looks silly). If the spring is very stiff however and a situation where a small penetration between the bodies is detected, you end up with an extremely large force intended to push those contacts apart. This situation can happen due to latency, or due to variable external forces enacted upon the body. Turning on the spot with a tank is an external force, which can be noticed if you get stuck with your tank on a rock or something like that. Most of the time you can still turn on the spot - because turning on the spot does not follow the same rules as regular driving.

• Like 1

That doesn't explain why this also happens on perfectly flat surfaces

Doesn't it? In the video on the previous page the right hand side track penetrates the Virtual Reality "ground" and again off goes the tank.

I would think that if vehicle collides with ground (and enters through) it would result in explosion like with helicopters.But perhaps is different story because helis

collide with greater speed while tanks don't.

Could it be that a helo blows up because it has a lot less hitpoints, also the tank hull doesn't usually (I think) penetrate the ground, only the tracks/wheels.  :shrug:

Doesn't it? In the video on the previous page the right hand side track penetrates the Virtual Reality "ground" and again off goes the tank.

Could it be that a helo blows up because it has a lot less hitpoints, also the tank hull doesn't usually (I think) penetrate the ground, only the tracks/wheels.  :shrug:

good point.

There is few things more - PhysX is not only throwing tank up, but in forward and backward, lfet and right - this is not forced by "sinking in ground". It more like turbo rocket boost. This, together with lack of reversing ability (proper) is making tank combat unefective, unrealistic, unenjoyable, ridiculus and simply IMPOSSIBLE. I dont remember when i played last time without this bug, its notorus, every day, every mission. I cant call this game finished till this bug will be fixed.

• Like 1

True. Bi please look into tanks next.

One of the exhilarating moments in this game series has for me been watching heavy tanks roll past me while I try to hide or ambush them. Heavy and strong machines that nothing can stop. But in A3 they always give the impression of helium bumper cars.... They bounce around way to fast and erratically. So right now I avoid using tanks in my scenarios.

• Like 5

• Fixed invincibility in bushes

You know that you are still invincible against planted explosives, right?

• Like 2

What about a "convoy" module, which make the synchronized vehicles follow each other, with the same distance between them, and specifics convoy halts (see Tactical guide on page 261) ?

It would be nice to have this for helicopters too, for now the AI doesn't mind passing through its allies in order to reach a waypoint.

Is anyone else getting a major performance impact when using HBAO+?

I lose about 5-7 FPS compared to HDAO.

Is anyone else getting a major performance impact when using HBAO+?

I lose about 5-7 FPS compared to HDAO.

No big performance hit in here. What's your GPU? Not sure do I even get any performance hit. Could be 1-2fps max.

No big performance hit in here. What's your GPU? Not sure do I even get any performance hit. Could be 1-2fps max.

Same here, lose at most 1 or 2 fps, nothing major.

Apologies if this has already been asked,

But if I go to Dev Branch version 1.56, create a mission in 3D editor, save it...then revert back to release candidate 1.54...will that mission be fully playable?

I'd like to make the leap to using that awesome looking editor to start building my missions now.