I really love the new categories and the fact that we have most(maybe even all) of the Stratis and Altis structures, especially the ruins are an awesome addition. :yay:

However, there is one thing I'd like to point out. Many if not most of the modules are missing proper explanations on how to use them. I think that's especially frustrating for new players  and I am sure once 3den is released there will be quite a few new player building missions.

But even for player who have been building missions for quite a while, some functions of modules are a secret to the present day.

Last but not least, since we have new categories for objects, the module would also benefit from 1-3 new categories. The "other" section is quite cluttered and there are a few modules which would deserve an own categorie. (Live Feed for example has 5 modules)

I hope it's not too late for that kind of feedback.

• Like 1

• Removed chemlights from editor

Wowowow, stop right there (criminal scum!) Why'd you do that?

I really love the new categories and the fact that we have most(maybe even all) of the Stratis and Altis structures, especially the ruins are an awesome addition. :yay:

However, there is one thing I'd like to point out. Many if not most of the modules are missing proper explanations on how to use them. I think that's especially frustrating for new players  and I am sure once 3den is released there will be quite a few new player building missions.

But even for player who have been building missions for quite a while, some functions of modules are a secret to the present day.

Last but not least, since we have new categories for objects, the module would also benefit from 1-3 new categories. The "other" section is quite cluttered and there are a few modules which would deserve an own categorie. (Live Feed for example has 5 modules)

I hope it's not too late for that kind of feedback.

in this case we will use a EDEN EDITOR instead Bulldozer?

Awesome new walk and tactical anims on dev:

walk = "AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_ver2";
bob playMove walk;
bob addEventHandler ["AnimDone", {if (_this select 1 == walk) then {bob playMoveNow walk}}];

tact = "AmovPercMtacSlowWrflDf_ver2";
bob playMove tact;
bob addEventHandler ["AnimDone", {if (_this select 1 == tact) then {bob playMoveNow tact}}];
  • Like 3

Has anyone else noticed massive framerate drops on dev whenever a air unit comes in? I've been playing around with some big AI battles and was getting smooth 25-30FPS and as soon as I spawned in a helicopter itit would plummet to 4-5, and the only way to get it back was restarting the game. No issues on stable.

Also, any other AMD guys getting video driver crashes on dev? I'm running aa AMD R9 270X with the latest Catalyst drivers and they would crash every 10 minutes or so on dev. On stable though, they're much more...stable.

Did the fonts change again today? Went from thin to medium(-ish)? Looks surprisingly crisp and clear even in very tiny sizes. :) :thumbsup:

Good point! I always have to google the way to use modules. What to synchronize. Some kind of ingame description would be very helpful. Ingame html page defined for the module? Or small Youtube videos just like community guides?

• Like 1

Did the fonts change again today? Went from thin to medium(-ish)? Looks surprisingly crisp and clear even in very tiny sizes.

Yes, it's looks more bold now. Guess they tried to hide that from us :D

Good point! I always have to google the way to use modules. What to synchronize. Some kind of ingame description would be very helpful. Ingame html page defined for the module? Or small Youtube videos just like community guides?

A video is probably taking this too far, and would become obsolete if something changes in the future. But what about a clickable link to the corresponding  wiki page in addition to a short description?

• Like 2

Eden is missing the 'show info' button on modules entirely? Intentional or WIP or I'm blind?

Eden is missing the 'show info' button on modules entirely? Intentional or WIP or I'm blind?

It's missing, or not supported any longer.

hey, i'm not on devbranch but i'm curious and didn't want to open a new thread for my question:

how does eden handle respawn-loadouts at the moment? when a units loadout is defined in eden and the unit dies and respawns, has it the loadout, which was defined by eden, or has it the loadout from its base class.

these things were a pain to setup (a.k.a. bugged) with the old editor and description.ext. hope this is streamlined in eden?!

Interesting question. It will probably work the in the same way.

Edit:

Even though the font looks better after today's update, I find it still incredible hard to read. See screenshot

sbGpQsS.jpg

Even though the font looks better after today's update, I find it still incredible hard to read. See screenshot

Are you using the Normal or less size of UI in settings? I found that Large and Extra Large have OK spacing between the letters where as smaller sizes have letters too close together. Also the shadow of the font seems placed too far away and since it is quite strong it makes font difficult to read when shadow used.

I am using a small interface, I thought that would be the default setting.

Edit: Looks much better now. Guess I changed the interface size in Alpha times and completely forgot about it.

I have to ask this once more:

in 3D editor every time i click "play scenario" every change that I've made to mission is saved to that mission file. Is this an intended behavior or it is a bug?

Was also curious about this.  Why are the chem lights removed?

Is it just me, or do sounds cut off way too soon in the devbranch? I am standing 90 meters away from an APC firing its autocannon, it gets hit by an RPG-32, and still I hear only slight "plops".I really feel like I should hear that stuff further than this.

Is it just me, or do sounds cut off way too soon in the devbranch?

Yes they are. Sounds are heavily wip right now, many of them aren't configured properly.

Will there ever be a custom unit maker incorporated into A3 Editors, not like what you can do in VA, but like the old VBS2 where you could create a unit, with drop down boxes, save him and then use him to create groups? 

I am quite sure that they removed the placeable chemlights because there is a module which has the same function and additionally can also create permanent chemlights.

Has anyone else noticed massive framerate drops on dev whenever a air unit comes in? I've been playing around with some big AI battles and was getting smooth 25-30FPS and as soon as I spawned in a helicopter itit would plummet to 4-5, and the only way to get it back was restarting the game. No issues on stable.

Also, any other AMD guys getting video driver crashes on dev? I'm running aa AMD R9 270X with the latest Catalyst drivers and they would crash every 10 minutes or so on dev. On stable though, they're much more...stable.

Hello,

thank you for the feedback. Would you please submit a feedback tracker ticket with a repro mission for this issue? It would be of a great help.

Thank you

I'm not really a fan of the new font. It's too narrow and round. It's also packed together too much (I guess that's how the font is). The best example is when you press Esc and the lower right corner that says Development Build x.xx.xxxxxx. The B and u are literally together.

I don't know why it gives me some kind of a comic sans vibe. Maybe I just hate it so much.

• Like 2