Office Buildings are bugged in dev branch, you can destroy the glass but can't penetrate it.

https://a.pomf.cat/nbmpha.jpg

Going into splendid camera and out again seems to fix it, for whatever reason.

Could this be the cause of the impenetrable bushes as well?

It's not the only building which has issues similar to this:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20872

No drops here.

• Like 2

Is anyone still experiencing heavy FPS drops on dev branch? These were supposed to be fixed by this Dev Branch update:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/?p=2964148

Thanks!

broad question. but..

i get a big FPS drop the first time i fire a weapon. Seems to be loading the fire sound. Makes it quite laggy. but after that firing is ok.

Also in heavy fire fights, whether its all the bullets or all the noise i'm not sure, but i go from 49fps to around 30fps. like in the combined arms scenario.

hope that answer is useful in some way and related to the slowdowns you're referencing.

• Like 1

broad question. but..

i get a big FPS drop the first time i fire a weapon. Seems to be loading the fire sound. Makes it quite laggy. but after that firing is ok.

Also in heavy fire fights, whether its all the bullets or all the noise i'm not sure, but i go from 49fps to around 30fps. like in the combined arms scenario.

hope that answer is useful in some way and related to the slowdowns you're referencing.

It does not seem to be relevant to the issue I am describing. Thanks for letting us know anyway! May I ask what your sample rate (in Hz) for you active Playback Device is? You can access it in Windows via your Speakers settings. We have reports that lowering the quality can help with the game's performance (as a temporary work-around, of course  :popup: ).

• Like 2

All of these changes are unrelated to our investigation into DirectX 12 by the way. This has not yet yielded useful results, so we don't have any concrete news on that front.

That's sad, but was probably expected. Still looking forward to some good news in the future.

FYI: New dev branch reset all of my settings. Might happen to you as well.

edit: It resets it every time you launch the game. (for me at least) So do before you launch the dev Branch, just backup your settings.

That's sad, but was probably expected. Still looking forward to some good news in the future.

This makes sense.Unless they are committed with plenty of time and going into rewriting engine, I don't

see what could change beside marginal improvements.

The best feature of today's dev branch wasn't even mentioned, or has the Arsenal function already been added earlier to 3den? (right click on a unit to access)

This makes sense.Unless they are committed with plenty of time and going into rewriting engine, I don't

see what could change beside marginal improvements.

and win10 requirement...

The best feature of today's dev branch wasn't even mentioned, or has the Arsenal function already been added earlier to 3den? (right click on a unit to access)

It was in yesterday, but it's not fully implemented; the units loadout reverts to default when the mission is previewed, both in-game and upon returning to the editor.

Is anyone still experiencing heavy FPS drops on dev branch? These were supposed to be fixed by this Dev Branch update:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/?p=2964148

Thanks!

Late last year I had an issue of dev branch where FPS would drop to a constant 5~7 until arma was restarted, but I don't think I've seen it since Xmas??

• Like 1

Late last year I had an issue of dev branch where FPS would drop to a constant 5~7 until arma was restarted, but I don't think I've seen it since Xmas??

I think I had this issue too. Did models flicker between different LODs during the lag before dropping to the lowest resolution?

The same thing seems to happen to almost every dx12 game currently in development. They just can't seem to get it right and there are delays everywhere. Not even UE4 has gotten it right yet and dx12 performs worse than dx11 in many cases. They (UE4) were supposed to have full support for it in the fall of 2015 but even now it's nothing more than a barely working prototype yet to be implemented in any game. I find all this a little strange since I had some great experiences with Mantle (which basically does the same thing as dx12) which has been out since 2013 and has been used in a bunch of games including several so called "tripple A games".

Thanks!

Testing 20 -1 -16

Scenarios and campaign ran smooth high 40s -60 fps fps no noticeable drops.

Ran some basic tests in eden. Kavala 3 enemy squads 2 tanks. From 45 min -60 fps. no big drops.

Got it down to 25 in Kavala same set up above. but throwing 10 smoke bombs and taking down a house with explosions.

All things considered running smoothly my end.

Resolution at 1440p.

Windows 7, GTX 970(don't think latest drivers) i7, 8 g ram,arma on ssd.

• Like 1

Not recognized FPS drops in todays build.

But on the new font heavy AA is going on on its edges, too much for such a thin font. Engine not capable of rendering a clean sans serif font? Also, too condensed horizontally.

Have colors of Altis changed? Not sure...

EDIT: I think the font is optimized for normal ui layout size. I will try to use this (but normal layout size will be hard. Always used the smallest interface size on my 1920x1200 screen).

• Like 1

Had the 3DEN Arsenal option available via right click with yesterdays build, but not today despite it being in the changelog. Is it just me being silly or has something gone wrong?

Karel has probably smuggled it past QA  again ;)

Had the 3DEN Arsenal option available via right click with yesterdays build, but not today despite it being in the changelog. Is it just me being silly or has something gone wrong?

Same here. Thought it was just me, but must have had a bug or something and pulled it. Good to know it's there though! Sort of.

hi,

my fps going dramatically down (minimum 10-20 fps),

by using my scope.

i play as sharpshooter with sig 556 and the

typical attached scope.

without scope the fps are ok.

can someone confirm?

when you are shooting or when you are not shooting? Maybe it's the smoke effects from shooting, they can kill fps from 60 to 30 or something crazy like that, just if you get too close to a handfull for particles. It's one of the biggest fps killers out there... Maybe try and reduce your particle settings (this will only reduce particle amount but not solve this issue entirely)

Anyone on Dev Build know if the new command getRelPos takes position as first param as well? Biki says only accepts object as reference.

_relpos = object getRelPos [array,integer];