Indeed, I can not find the small window at the bottom right.
And therefore, there was indeed both spectators modes.

My question is, how can we disable the old Spectator mode ? (code)
Thank you in advance for your answer.

Most likely, the old spectator is being automatically executed because of the respawn type being used.

We already fully replaced the old one in dev branch, so in next stable patch the new spectator will be executed automatically instead of the old one, depending on the respawn type.

If you would like to hot fix it yourself before the new stable patch is out, you could terminate the old spectator before starting the new one:

// Terminate old spectator
("BIS_fnc_respawnSpectator" call bis_fnc_rscLayer) cuttext ["","plain"];

I have a question: BI mentioned that players will be able to disable this telemetry via Launcher in their clients but will server admins have the ability to disable it on their servers?

Yes, analytics can be disabled via the server config (we'll document that of course).

• Like 4

How doesn't that defeat the purpose of getting "completely objective and unbiased information" instead of merely feedback "from the vocal part of our community"?

You're right that an opt-out mechanism means we cannot guarantee that data is collected from 100% of users. It's a compromise in light of wanting to be open about this step, and to not force it on players. Time will tell, but we don't expect every player will opt out (though even knowing how many players do, provides some form of context). We also intend to follow up on this initial announcement with a blog, that possibly can provide a sample of interesting early data. It could also show some practical use of the data once it's led to decisions or beneficial changes.

• Like 3

How doesn't that defeat the purpose of getting "completely objective and unbiased information" instead of merely feedback "from the vocal part of our community"?

Maybe it isn't "completely" unbiased, and could never be anyway, but a few hundred thousand monthly players is still a lot more representative sample than all other forums and channels combined.

• Like 3

Yes, analytics can be disabled via the server config (we'll document that of course).

That's great to hear, thank you for your answer. Frankly, I'm not even that opposed to the telemetry gathering (not in the Arma's case anyway) but I really don't like Microsoft's approach that basically says "If you're not our enterprise-level customer, then your opinion is irrelevant and your concerns about your privacy aren't bothering us, screw you." and it's really good to see that BI took a different path that implies that the company cares about its customers opinions and not just bluntly forces its decision upon them. :) I think many players (myself included) will consider keeping Arma's analytics on seeing that BI acts openly and in a good faith.

Fixed: When following a unit on a quad bike in 3rd person perspective, the camera would be jerky

Heh, ran into this same issue when making ace spectator. Did you guys also fix it by using a dummy camera target object? :)

• Like 1

Hi,

The game is really frustrating to use on dev branch.  The menu's are still messed up after a recent change and it takes 15 - 30 seconds to load up the pause menu or exit the pause menu.

Doing any sort of mission making/modding is really slow and boring now as I can't navigate the menus in game to do menu-stuff while testing.

Let me know if you need any info etc.

I did set up a ticket, but it's not even been looked at so I'm at a loss what to do.  

Thanks.

Heh, ran into this same issue when making ace spectator. Did you guys also fix it by using a dummy camera target object? :)

The quad bike itself seems to be the issue, getPosVisual/getPosASLVisual/etc return a position with inconsistent Z. This is now waiting for QA to reproduce internally.

Meanwhile, we were able to fix it by reading the position from modelToWorld, then converting the resulting AGL position to ASL. ;)

• Like 1

So the new font is in the latest update. Think I will have to get used to it first. Mostly it looks good, but in places like the main menu it feels kinda wrong / too tiny scalled or something.

Other than that, I *think* I'll have big(ger?) framedrops now as well. I've tried a few of my custom missions and it does seem like that. Anyone else can confirm?

So the new font is in the latest update. Think I will have to get used to it first. Mostly it looks good, but in places like the main menu it feels kinda wrong / too tiny scalled or something.

Yeah, that was what i thought looking at it just now - makes the some of the UI elements feel like they're at the wrong aspect ratio or something. But I'm sure it's just a matter of my brain getting used to how the new font looks after having Purista for so long.

At least the new font is a lot more legible (numbers 5s, number 6s etc. are actually distinguishable from one another now). That makes it massively better than the old one in my book.

Haven't had a chance to check out this new font yet - does anyone know what it is? :)

Haven't had a chance to check out this new font yet - does anyone know what it is? :)

Roboto Condensed, still WIP Actually, probably not, looks little different to Roboto Condensed, but I like it.

I don't understand why a crisp, readable, distinguishable and a pleasure-for-eyes font hasn't been a priority before the actual release... It's such a great improvement.

Is the new font is in today's update? (missing the changelog :( )

I don't understand why a crisp, readable, distinguishable and a pleasure-for-eyes font hasn't been a priority before the actual release... It's such a great improvement.

I've never had any issues with the old one.

• Like 1

yeah, the old one was horrible

The new font works ok in game, for example within the confines of the action menu and in the Eden editor. Whether it's an improvement... hmmm... not sure.

However it really doesn't work for things like the Main menu, the options menus, generally anything to do with brand impact.

It gives a sort of 'squashed' feel that doesn't echo the wide open feel of the Arma sandbox.

Personally, I thought the Purista font that's been used up until now was just right, and considering it's a core element of all promo material up until now, the departure would make for a radical and possibly expensive change.

Is there any specific reason why the staging of Screen Space Reflections, Water Shaders and Lighting on Dev-Branch got pushed back twice? Once from Just before Nexus to Eden, and now from just before Eden, all the way to Apex?

• Like 1

I lay hidden on the ground and I shoot with sniper rifle + silencer on a enemy (KI) sniper team with his back to me, with exactly one shot  from 1.500 m distance. A team member turns to me and hits me with the second shot! WTF??  :o

Other mission, the KI can hear me from 400 m, I shoot again with sniper rifle + silencer (one shot). And also they stand with their backs to me!

I think the purista was OK, had some problems with 5,6,8 when the text was small though. Not sure if the current one is better in that aspect. It doesn't feel right, but well. I guess it's still WIP

Is there any specific reason why the staging of Screen Space Reflections, Water Shaders and Lighting on Dev-Branch got pushed back twice? Once from Just before Nexus to Eden, and now from just before Eden, all the way to Apex?

They only said it will be in Apex's release, that doesn't mean it's going to be delayed again on dev branch, right...? I'm still hoping we're gonna get that stuff on dev branch before Eden is released...