Big bug savegame

If i'm the leader squad my AI teammates don't shoot anymore after load a savegame.

A3 vanilla 133779

At the moment there is some slow-down in achieving a fix for Dev-Branch, because we need to prioritize hotfixes for the main branch (it involves the same people). Sorry for the delays.

Hi,  I saw the entry stating a fix on changelog and tried it out.

Thanks for pursuing the issue, but I'd say (at least on my PC) the issue isn't fixed wholly.  The performance doesn't degrade as it was (and is pretty stable) but I still get out of mem crashes and the pause menu takes a while to load.  Some of the menus are ok (open functions) but others are also slow (close functions for example - maybe because of the parent menu it goes back to.. idk).

I played some vanilla with "hetman stories" so there were lots of AI and I got this crash:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27113

Also, I forgot to mention in the ticket but it seems that the ALT key is in an indeterminate state when the game loads up and you have to tab out and back in to get the graphics loading properly (otherwise you get tearing and some of the color isn't applied to the game (maybe it is missing post processing or something).

Big bug savegame

If i'm the leader squad my AI teammates don't shoot anymore after load a savegame.

A3 vanilla 133779

Same for me with Dev branch.  Are you saying that's happening in non-dev as well?

I don't know, i only play on Dev Branch.

Very sad bug just before holidays.

I'll post this in here because of reasons:

Why is there no turn out function for the Kamysh? We can see the two hatches, yet they are not animated. This is especially odd when considering any other armored vehicle has the turn out feature. Not that I would use it regularly, but not having the possibility actually really annoys the hell out of me (as well as all the y in this sentence).

Oh and while I am at it- why no fire from vehicle in the T-100? Lack of animations can't really be it, because if I remember right, other tanks have the same hatch setup and still allow to use pistols / rifles. Again, not that I really need it right now, but the lack of it feels somewhat inconsistent to me.

Dev branch is not for playing, but testing.

In many ways, playing is more effective than testing.

Lots of times I create something with lots of testing, and think its stable and reliable ... until people play with it. Then the edge and corner cases appear, and what was thought to be a stable system turns out to have lots of quirks and glitches :)

• Like 1

Hello devs,  i want to report about engine wallhack bug.
It's showing shadow lines from all soldiers, so u can see them throught the wall/grass/bushes/terrains etc..
i have a video of what i'm talking about: 

https://youtu.be/HV79nIuRmu0

PS I'm not using any software, or additional mods, just clear Arma 3 with DLC bundle
PPS feel free to connect me, if u need teamviewer access or something else and.. Happy New Year :) 

Hello devs,  i want to report about engine wallhack bug.

It's showing shadow lines from all soldiers, so u can see them throught the wall/grass/bushes/terrains etc..

i have a video of what i'm talking about: 

https://youtu.be/HV79nIuRmu0

PS I'm not using any software, or additional mods, just clear Arma 3 with DLC bundle

PPS feel free to connect me, if u need teamviewer access or something else and.. Happy New Year :) 

This usually only happens if

• The Stencil Shadow LOD is not triangulated
  • The Stencil Shadow LOD has non-manifold edges, i.e. the volume isn't closed.

MP in dev is amazingly broken right now in a variety of ways. Here are some highlights, all from client perspective:

• Sometimes can't choose a slot in the lobby
  • Game sometimes stops loading at random points during Receiving Data / Wait for Host / Loading Screen, you have to disconnect and rejoin and it might work
  • Sometimes can't take things from containers
  • Sometimes can take some weapons and items from containers, but not ammo.
  • Sometimes get stuck after boarding a vehicle, can't move the vehicle or exit.
  • Sometimes can pilot the vehicle but can't get out
  • Client-controlled AI also can't board vehicles when the leader can't
  • Host sometimes can't see or hear client shooting
  • When the above happens, client can't kill anybody
  • Like 1

• Added: Splendid Camera now allows setting scene brightness, contrast and saturation

Cool, now we can be splendidly film noir

QFwK8k5l.png

• Like 1

I'll post this in here because of reasons:

Why is there no turn out function for the Kamysh? We can see the two hatches, yet they are not animated. This is especially odd when considering any other armored vehicle has the turn out feature. Not that I would use it regularly, but not having the possibility actually really annoys the hell out of me (as well as all the y in this sentence).

Oh and while I am at it- why no fire from vehicle in the T-100? Lack of animations can't really be it, because if I remember right, other tanks have the same hatch setup and still allow to use pistols / rifles. Again, not that I really need it right now, but the lack of it feels somewhat inconsistent to me.

Kamysh has some issues with the model itself, it would require some more time to do the hatches properly :icon_evil:

As for T-100, the main reason for not having firing from vehicles in there is because of the old solution that supports only basic limits and the commander would aim for the sky. We may possibly try to add this now, but don't count this as a promise :icon_twisted:

I like two handed walk.

Right hand clips in GLs, Mgs and all other weapons when character starts moving

Also to take into consideration:

3 states: Walk, jogg, run.

When you jogg pressing C both animations (in combat pace and non combat pace)

look very similar.I prefer older - non combat pace one handed jogg,

and combat pace 2 handed jogg.

It's important that there is visual cue in what pace mode you are.

To reiterate concept.

We know of 3 types of movement, walk, jogg and sprint.

It also features weapon up or weapon down.(Ctr)

The jogg has 2 types of combat paces (C key)

Now the way to figure out in what pace you are you can use

2 things - you environment (how fast you are moving) or

Position of your rifle/hands

When you switch between paces is hard to notice speed difference

so looking at environment is not full solution.That is why is important

to have 2 distinct different animation (as we have on stable branch)

Right now on the dev branch with jogg, weapon down, changing pace

don't really communicate well in what pace I'm because of similar animations.

That is why I would look into more distinct animations:

You may skip to 19 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76XVhOPkKhc

I like two handed walk.

Right hand clips in GLs, Mgs and all other weapons when character starts moving

Also to take into consideration:

3 states: Walk, jogg, run.

When you jogg pressing C both animations (in combat pace and non combat pace)

look very similar.I prefer older - non combat pace one handed jogg,

and combat pace 2 handed jogg.

It's important that there is visual cue in what pace mode you are.

Hello,

I fixed the hand clipping and it should be present in today released DEV branch (1.55.133799).

I also properly configured the sound of footsteps for these two movement types.

Yep, works as intended.Are you guys still configuring animations for tactical paces since walking doesn't

have one?

Character still keeps walking after lowering his weapon, and there are quite some tickets for this...

• Like 2

[...]In addition, more objects will become available (e.g. military cargo buildings, other structures and ruins) to place in your scenarios and to create nice compositions.[...]

Source

Finally !

-Big bug savegame

If i'm the squad leader my AI teammates don't shoot anymore against enemies after load a savegame.

-Inventory

Can't pick up object with right mouse button (but can drop with RMB).

These bugs still present A3 vanilla last dev (single player)

-Big bug savegame

If i'm the squad leader my AI teammates don't shoot anymore against enemies after load a savegame.

-Inventory

Can't pick up object with right mouse button (but can drop with RMB).

These bugs still present A3 vanilla last dev (single player)

Thank you for reporting these issues, they will be scheduled for a fix.

• Like 2

From dev version

07-01-2015
EXE rev. 133832 (game)
EXE rev. 133831 (launcher)

How to test? None of the vanilla tracked veichles seems to be amphibious. I've tried the CUP and the RHS ones but on entering the water they just turn in circles (RHS BMDs, Sprut) or freeze half submerged(CUP BMPs).

Well, none of the mods are configged for this as of right now - since this feature is hardly a day old.

It is there for modders to start actually implementing it before it goes to main via one of the big updates in some time.

How to test? None of the vanilla tracked veichles seems to be amphibious. I've tried the CUP and the RHS ones but on entering the water they just turn in circles (RHS BMDs, Sprut) or freeze half submerged(CUP BMPs).
They have to be set up properly in the first place for amphibious capability... since it wasnt possible before they may not have bothered with it. Just wait.

From dev version

07-01-2015
EXE rev. 133832 (game)
EXE rev. 133831 (launcher)

try with latest diagnostic.exe (arma3_diag.exe)