With every update first thing I do is start an Infantry showcase, hence I know this mission like the back of my hand =).  So here's my impression:

1. Weapon behavior is definately changed once again and I find it harder to aim than before.

As to 2,3 and 4 - in latest dev I see no significant changes compared to stable. The last time this mission felt considerably different was before that change to AI where they started to throw smokes and run for hide. Since then every playthrough looks pretty much the same.

1 is a new change for players but may be not for AI

2~4 is old problem that hasn't been balanced

1+2+3+4 make it harder and harder to complete those two showcases. 

1 is a new change for players but may be not for AI

2~4 is old problem that hasn't been balanced

1+2+3+4 make me harder and harder to complete those two showcases. 

1387232277839.jpg

• Like 1

That's the way it SHOULD be.  Run in the direction you are looking...

No. You should run in the direction your body is facing not where your gun is pointing. With aiming dead zone 0 those two are the same so then you are running where your gun/body is pointing. With a higher aiming deadzone you can run in the same direction while shooting more to the left or right to you.

• Fixed: Turning in the deadzone during combat pace

Thank you BI :)

• Like 1

Zafir's bipod continuously turn up and then down when it's deployed. It is stays in the deployed mode, only the animation and sound looping. Can somebody confirm this?

Zafir's bipod continuously turn up and then down when it's deployed. It is stays in the deployed mode, only the animation and sound looping. Can somebody confirm this?

Will check when I get back from work, but I've noticed deployment in general, particularly in Prone stance is a bit janky this week for some reason. not responding to the deploy key in about 7 cases out of 10. No mods involved.

Will check when I get back from work, but I've noticed deployment in general, particularly in Prone stance is a bit janky this week for some reason. not responding to the deploy key in about 7 cases out of 10. No mods involved.

I've been having trouble doing all kinds of things like changing stances, keys not registering when I hit them, etc.

Added: Stamina drain parameters for terrain (not yet configured)

Is this parameter depends on a type of terrain or it's inclination? Or both? Considering "parameters" I hope it's at least those two =).

Is this parameter depends on a type of terrain or it's inclination? Or both? Considering "parameters" I hope it's at least those two =).

Adding a terrain type factor for stamina cost would be nice, but it could complicate AI pathfinding (assuming they would consider it). Sand and mud are both common on Fiji/Tanoa.

So, I'm afraid that I'm not seeing the Zafir bipod issue my end. Not sure what could be the problem.

I've been having trouble doing all kinds of things like changing stances, keys not registering when I hit them, etc.

Do you have radically different key bindings to the default setup? Bluetooth keyboard starting to run low on juice? Sounds stupid but it's happened to me before.

For my part I'm only experiencing the deploy (Ctrl+C) problem as far as key response goes.

So, I'm afraid that I'm not seeing the Zafir bipod issue my end. Not sure what could be the problem.

Do you have radically different key bindings to the default setup? Bluetooth keyboard starting to run low on juice? Sounds stupid but it's happened to me before.

For my part I'm only experiencing the deploy (Ctrl+C) problem as far as key response goes.

Not at all I use a wired keyboard and default stance keys, so like ctrl+s sometimes won't work like any of the ctrl+key bindings.

Tweaked: Reading and checking of file signatures moved to a different thread so it won't block the main thread

its-something.png

get these errors in latest dev wehn using arsenal. didnt have this error this mroning.

Error in expression <<null>>
21:58:43   Error position: <<null>>
21:58:43   Error Invalid number in expression
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabPrimaryWeapon/
21:58:43 Error in expression <<null>>
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabSecondaryWeapon/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabHandgun/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabUniform/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabVest/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabBackpack/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabHeadgear/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabGoggles/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabNVGs/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabBinoculars/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabMap/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabGPS/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabRadio/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabCompass/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabWatch/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabFace/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabVoice/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabInsignia/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabItemOptic/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabItemAcc/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabItemMuzzle/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabItemBipod/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabCargoMag/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabCargoThrow/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabCargoPut/
21:58:43 Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArsenal/Controls/TabCargoMisc/

get these errors in latest dev wehn using arsenal. didnt have this error this mroning.

Thanks for letting us know, we're already working on the fix. Should be ok in the next dev branch update.

• Like 1

hi,

Do you know if c# dll are support in the last release ? if not is it possible to support it ?

>>> Fixed: Proper distinction between player and AI when selecting weapon mode

Previously the AI would sometimes select e.g. a "manual" fire mode, which is intended for player only and is configured with values that should prevent AI from using it.

The typical result was AI firing with single shots and long gaps between them. More improvements are inbound to cover other situations where this can occur.

Is the solution beeing implemented directly in AI behaviour, or is it by choosing different config values for the weapon mode?

hi,

Do you know if c# dll are support in the last release ? if not is it possible to support it ?

This is already possible and it's planned to release an example in Arma 3 Samples (soonTM) :292:

• Like 2

thanks guy for your answers . It seems i have a problem and i don't understand why cause i already test with NuGet Package

i compiled this code with xamarin studio framework 4.5 under w10 for x86, but i don't understand why the entrypoint seems not be recognize. (i turned off battleye)

using RGiesecke.DllExport;
using System;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
using System.Text;

namespace ARMAExtCS
{
    public class DllEntry
    {
        [DllExport("_RVExtension@12", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Winapi)]
        public static void RvExtension(StringBuilder output, int outputSize, string function)
        {
            outputSize--;

// Reverses the input string
            char[] arr = function.ToCharArray();
            Array.Reverse(arr);
            string result = new string(arr);
            output.Append(result);
        }
    }
}

@Tom do you mean it is the case directly without NuGet Package ?

Tweaked: UGL prone animations improved for Mk20 / TRG-21

I guess you're still working on all the UGL anims, but since they were changed the other day after the first implementation, the TRG one looks a little unnatural compared to the Mk20. If you view it in slow motion, it looks more like some sort of automated loader is inserting the shell, rather than a human hand. The Mk20 UGL anim looks more fluid.

Tweaked: The PDW reload animation has been improved

Not sure if this is related to graphics settings, but when I reload the PDW, the semi-transparent parts of the grip and magazine become blue in first person. Anyone else get this?

Also, hosted MP games are still unplayable because of the 'loading screen' bug.

code

Here's how I call it ingame

_returnVal = "FSExt" callExtension "String to be passed to C#";

Here's what mine looks like, works perfectly with BE off (mine's a server-side extension so I don't need it whitelisted)

using RGiesecke.DllExport;
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace FSExt
{
    public class DLLEntry
    {
        [DllExport("_RVExtension@12", CallingConvention = System.Runtime.InteropServices.CallingConvention.Winapi)]
        public static void RVExtension(StringBuilder output, int outputSize, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] string function)
        {
            //Logic in here
        }
    }
}

I'm guessing this fix

30-10-2015
EXE rev. 133137 (game)
EXE rev. 133142 (launcher)
Size: ~268 MB

DATA
  • Fixed: Hand position on the NLAW

was intended as the fix for this. However, ingame both hands positions now appear to be rotated 90-degrees to where the animator intended to hold the weapon -  causing wrist clipping through the optics mesh among other things

waJPNmjl.jpg

thanks gossamersolid but it doesn't work too :( i don't have any clue where it can came from. Do you use it under windows 10 ?