I remember a dev saying there was some sort of issue with animating the 3GL. Don't see why it's any different from the others, though. Nice work anyway, BIS.

Probably the fact that that the whole 3d model of the 3GL is modelled as a single mesh (i.e. the barrel is welded to the trigger group), where the other GLs already had the barrel sections modelled as a separate mesh that can easily be animated without revealing any visual holes in the topology.

If that's the case animating the 3GL could involve significantly remodelling the GL's geometry and creating a new UV layout to include newly modelled parts of the mesh such as the breech face that would be exposed by animating the model.

also ABR's reload animation is still way too fast

Does BIS  modify  mk14's reload animations and assign it to ABR?

It's time to bitch about grenades!

1. Whose idea were the RGNs? They're utterly useless. Even more so since there's been quite alot of changes to armour and the damage model over the last few months. And you can throw them too far. And what the dickens is the difference between an 'offensive' and 'defensive' grenade?

2. Why does everyone use RGO grenades? I don't want to get into the 'why does everyone use the same gear' discussion, but surely you can just copy paste the RGO and call it something else so NATO can have their own? In fact, I've got a better idea. The RGN sucks, but it has a different model. Just get rid of the mini grenade stuff, make its damage values the same as the RGO, call it M68 or something, and give that one to NATO. 

3. 40mm smoke rounds bounce too much. Earlier today I fired one at a hill. I tracked it with the camera: It bounced 4 times before it landed. I measured the distance - it travelled just over one thousand meters. They're pretty useless.

That's all. I guess I was thinking about it because of the recent focus on UGLs. Good work on them, though!

• Added: Upload Terminal

• Added: Military Tablet

I'm curious to know what these are exactly.

• Added: Upload Terminal
  • Added: Military Tablet

I'm curious to know what these are exactly.

just objects for missions

And what the dickens is the difference between an 'offensive' and 'defensive' grenade?

Fragmentation grenades can be divided into two main types, defensive and offensive, where the former are designed to be used from a position of cover, (e.g. in a slit trench or behind a suitable wall,) and have an effective radius greater than the distance it can be thrown, while the latter are for assaulting troops and have a smaller effective fragmentation radius.

also ABR's reload animation is still way too fast

a lot of things in arma 3 are too fast. hope they slow this and the other things down to more expected speeds.

a lot of things in arma 3 are too fast. hope they slow this and the other things down to more expected speeds.

True , some of the reload anims are really fast like the Mk20 reload

/sorry for double post , which i didn't wanted/

just objects for missions

Objects for End Game scenarios 

The radio chatter seems to be completely broken.

Here's a quick and dirty video:

https://youtu.be/tBlcxY-xO_U

We are aware of it :) 

Concerning the grenades animations, it really is not easy, but it seems we will be able to make it. Please note the current version in Dev-Branch is still WIP and unfinished, as is intended with this branch (so we can work with you guys on the updates :) ).

Some of the known, to-be-solved issues are:

• Sound may be not synced yet.
  • Prone animations may be not in sync with the grenade movement.
  • Some clipping may appear.

Thanks for the feedback on the speed of some reloads, we'll consider that. MX GL is certainly tricky. The model wasn't created with these animations in mind (none was, actually, but we managed to work around that a bit), so after some discussion, we opted for the front reload, since the "right" one would require more time-consuming tinkering with the model. With our artists pretty busy with some more important tasks at the moment (anyone hyped for Tanoa? ;) ), we decided the best solution would be to have it this way, and possibly revisit it in the future.

• Like 9

Testing some hit indication today to see how I liked the blood splatter, it was a very decent visual, not what I prefer, but not intrusive and only visible on shot distance(which is good, arma 2 had some very, uh dumb, clouds of blood when hitting someone that was quite far away)

Also grenade explosion sounds are very nice, over all the explosion sounds in the last couple of months have improved a lot and they are more fear inducing than before(super good!). It bring me great joy when I or one of my friends express genuine fright at a sudden explosion.

Can anyone else confirm if the voice pitch setting has stopped working in the last patch or two?

I use Zeealex's excellent female units mod, and assign a male voice and raise its pitch a little in the description.ext for the mission:

class ZeeFemale
{
name = "Reynolds";
namesound = "Reynolds";
face = "Oakes";
glasses = "G_Tactical_Black";
speaker = "Male09ENG";
pitch = 1.12;
}; 
I noticed over the last day or two that the female unit has either taken steroids while I wasn't looking, or the pitch command no longer seems to have any effect.

Anyone has tried the infantry and combined arms showcase at the latest DEV branch? (my difficulty setting is regular)

I find it harder and harder to complete for those reasons below:

1. weapon sways a lot to make me difficult to aim at targets.

2. AI's first shot to headshot chance is better than me.

3. As attack side, AI don't know when and where to choose a proper cover, then will rush to die or expose his back to enemies.

4. Due to the change of personal protection, sometimes it will save you but more often it will save the enemies too.

I suggest, because the change of weapon inertia and personal protection, BIS should change AI's action and tactics at the same time.

• Like 1

Are there any plans to ever fix the AI's screaming "NO Ammo!" when its indistinguishable as to what weapon they are talking about. Pretty disheartening to enter a firefight only to hear that repeatedly and not sure if you need to go rearm them first or they are merely talking about their pistol..

• Like 4

Anyone has tried the infantry and combined arms showcase at the latest DEV branch? (my difficulty setting is regular)

I find it harder and harder to complete for those reasons below:

1. weapon sways a lot to make me difficult to aim at targets.

2. AI's first shot to headshot chance is better than me.

3. As attack side, AI don't know when and where to choose a proper cover, then will rush to die or expose his back to enemies.

4. Due to the change of personal protection, sometimes it will save you but more often it will save the enemies too.

I suggest, because the change of weapon inertia and personal protection, BIS should change AI's action and tactics at the same time.

With every update first thing I do is start an Infantry showcase, hence I know this mission like the back of my hand =).  So here's my impression:

1. Weapon behavior is definitely changed once again and I find it harder to aim than before.

As to 2,3 and 4 - in latest dev I see no significant changes compared to stable. The last time this mission felt considerably different was before that change to AI where they started to throw smokes and run for hide. Since then every playthrough looks pretty much the same.

With every update first thing I do is start an Infantry showcase, hence I know this mission like the back of my hand =).  So here's my impression:

1. Weapon behavior is definately changed once again and I find it harder to aim than before.

As to 2,3 and 4 - in latest dev I see no significant changes compared to stable. The last time this mission felt considerably different was before that change to AI where they started to throw smokes and run for hide. Since then every playthrough looks pretty much the same.

I agree, I find it exactly the same if not harder to aim. I'm not sure why they said it would be more free and casual if it's in fact worse? Seems we need ALOT less sway and and bit more time to sprint if they want this to be casual.

the pistol holster on the diver remains empty

• Like 1

• Fixed: Turning in the deadzone during combat pace

Still some problems with aiming dead zone,  lets say your looking all the way right with your weapon and then move forward it forces the player to move in that direction. Its a pretty annoying bug , any chance of a fix ? :).

Is it just me, or is the current dev build extremely crashy ?

I think the sway when finishing a long run or after big sprints is fine, its challenging but means that sprinting into the action then sniping everyone with extreme precision is trickier.  However the sway when finishing a normal jog might be a little too big and take a little long to settle. I'd also think that using support or bipod should help tame the sway and help it settle sooner.

was wondering if something in the internals has changed as scripts that i had that started in seconds now takes tens of seconds to complete. and ive tried optimizing it in many ways but its become quite unpredictable.

the pistol holster on the diver remains empty

Still some problems with aiming dead zone,  lets say your looking all the way right with your weapon and then move forward it forces the player to move in that direction. Its a pretty annoying bug , any chance of a fix ? :).

The issues have been processed and are now awaiting fixes. Thanks!

• Like 1

I read that in Nexus update validated improvement on animation side - we can see that resulted in GL reloads

which is great.

Will new walking animations that were briefly showed up on dev branch long time ago make return soon?

That's the way it SHOULD be.  Run in the direction you are looking...