Looks like I cannot run call compile preprocessFile "userconfig\folder\run.sqf" anymore with last update. Is this normal? Is it impossible to call sqf files from userconfig folder?

860Mbyte update? Is this normal?

I was on dev already and just got an 860mb update, was just wondering if something huge is incoming :D

I was on dev already and just got an 860mb update, was just wondering if something huge is incoming :D

Maybe the dev branch is under sort of a data lock when the stable update is approaching.

Now that the 1.52 is out, they pushed all changes on hold to dev. Dunno.

And then someone got too excited about the stable update and forgot to post the dev change log. :icon_twisted:

I suspect the visual update they mentioned in last sitrep.

Next up probably is the Visual Update package, which tunes the lighting configuration of Stratis and Altis, but also adds improved (underwater) fog and water reflections. 

I suspect the visual update they mentioned in last sitrep.

Sadly not yet ;(

Stable gets new release, DEV gets Tanoa. Fair? Fair.

With only 860Mb in size, texture size is probably 1x1 then :D

Anyone also using Game Updater from Arma Tools? For me the tool wants to update to 31GB total which would be almost the double amount of data... :huh:

Edit: False alarm. :)

Anyone also using Game Updater from Arma Tools? For me the tool wants to update to 31GB total which would be almost the double amount of data... :huh:

DOWNLOAD IT! It's the Tanoa update :D *jk*

DOWNLOAD IT! It's the Tanoa update :D *jk*

Yeah, must be! :D

No, was just a false alarm. I'm too tired, i guess.

For me the files are also not loadable. Looking into the linked fix tomorrow.

Mouse Smoothing is Broken on current stable. I can't adjust it the way i had it before. If you put it up a little, it either shoves it to a quarter of the bar, or none. It's actually starting to bug the heck out of me, i cannot play the game because my aim is severely off now. It just won't save where i put it on the bar anymore.

Mouse Smoothing is Broken on current stable. I can't adjust it the way i had it before. If you put it up a little, it either shoves it to a quarter of the bar, or none. It's actually starting to bug the heck out of me, i cannot play the game because my aim is severely off now. It just won't save where i put it on the bar anymore.

Works fine for me

Yesterday's Dev-Branch update being this large is simply due to many addons being re-packed. Sometimes re-packing even without actual changes is needed just to 'clean the pipes'. Unfortunately Steam delta-patching still doesn't work as well as it could in all cases (e.g. EBO).

Yesterday's Dev-Branch update being this large is simply due to many addons being re-packed. Sometimes re-packing even without actual changes is needed just to 'clean the pipes'. Unfortunately Steam delta-patching still doesn't work as well as it could in all cases (e.g. EBO).

Thanks for the heads-up!

Also, such things seem to bypass the HandleScore event.

Checked it and it seems to get triggered correctly. Can you please provide an example? Thanks a lot!

Fixed: The change from bullets to shells resulted in many issues hard to handle for the community and we decided to rather change the system we are working on than cause such issues.

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing about what you have in the pipeline :)

Fixed: The change from bullets to shells resulted in many issues hard to handle for the community and we decided to rather change the system we are working on than cause such issues.

My curiosity is aroused: just what was "the system [you] were working on" and what was the goal behind the change from bullets to shells?

My curiosity is aroused: just what was "the system [you] were working on" and what was the goal behind the change from bullets to shells?

It's related to improved methods of selecting weapons in vehicles. We want the engine to be able to better determine what kind of weapon category a weapon belongs to based on its properties. Tank cannon shells were standing in the way, because it could be argued that using bullet simulation for them is a hack (mainly because shells didn't support tracers). This lead to false categorization.

• Like 5

Just had a quick test last night on  the dev build and noticed that 40 mm grenades from the GL bounces on impact like they where made of rubber.

Repro: Just play as a GL soldier (I tried with west) and fire some smoke grenades and you will see what I mean.

BTW: The new 3D editor is totally awesome!

/KC

Just had a quick test last night on  the dev build and noticed that 40 mm grenades from the GL bounces on impact like they where made of rubber.

Repro: Just play as a GL soldier (I tried with west) and fire some smoke grenades and you will see what I mean.

They work fine for me, I tried it with the Katiba GL.