I see.

I guess the real world has no bearing on what the definitions in the code are, but strictly all are bullets, ball is a solid shot without filler and shells are all bullets with fillers. So, techically, explosive bullets like the soviet 7.62 marker bullet are shells.

No, explosive has nothing to do with "shell" or "bullet".

The difference in the ammo config is "simulation=shotShell" and "simulation=shotBullet" - the exact differences/ what it all affects are nowhere documented (at least not that i know of). Changing from bullet to shell now all of a sudden will break a big load of mods and i do not understand at all what BIS was trying to achieve?  Tracers worked absolutely fine for Tanks in the past.

So, BI devs, please elaborate  what this change was supposed to accomplish or roll it back.

Changing from stable to devel branch (and back...) is currently quite a pain - is there really no way to have both branches installed in parallel with steam or something?

-_-

Changing from stable to devel branch (and back...) is currently quite a pain - is there really no way to have both branches installed in parallel with steam or something?

-_-

Yes, the Game Updater in the Arma 3 Tools. :)

• Like 2

Yes, the Game Updater in the Arma 3 Tools. :)

The update doesn't work for me, it tells me that my steam login is invalid, even though I checked my login name and password twice.

The update doesn't work for me, it tells me that my steam login is invalid, even though I checked my login name and password twice.

Worked fine over here.

Are you sure you've got the thing with that "steam guard code" right? I left that field empty (as suggested in case you don't know any better...), but once a console came up I was prompted to enter one... but fear not, steam should send you one by email at this point. Other than that, I have no idea what could have gone wrong. :huh:

• Like 1

• Removed: fn_MPexec.sqf - not used anymore as the RE is now handled by engine
  • Changed: fn_MP.sqf - RE is now handled by engine

Getting script errors when using CAS module now. Is that the cause?

9:12:28 Error in expression <unctionName,_target,_isPersistent];
};

_jipID
};}>
 9:12:28   Error position: <_jipID
};}>
 9:12:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: _jipid
 9:12:28 File A3\functions_f\MP\fn_MP.sqf, line 49

Worked fine over here.

Are you sure you've got the thing with that "steam guard code" right? I left that field empty (as suggested in case you don't know any better...), but once a console came up I was prompted to enter one... but fear not, steam should send you one by email at this point. Other than that, I have no idea what could have gone wrong. :huh:

I left the field empty, however I didn't recieve any code and was not even prompted to enter one.

I left the field empty, however I didn't recieve any code and was not even prompted to enter one.

Yeah it was kind of weird at first. I also wondered something about the Guard Code but then I solved it quickly. Try to check your email or find a button that says "send Steam Guard Code to e-mail" or something similar.

Hm, wild guess: maybe the installer needs admin rights (I've turned off UAC a long time ago, because screw it, that's why... :lol:)?

<_<

UAV is off here too, gonna try the admin thing.

Edit: No success ;(

The bullet to shell change is some underlying preparation to distinguish between guns / machineguns and cannons in engine. As the line between those is not precise, it is based on the ammo used - if it is a shell or bullet.

We are going to investigate the impact further to make sure everything is working as intended :icon_twisted:

Changed: fn_MP.sqf - RE is now handled by engine

This change is causing a lot of script errors to pop up in missions.

};

_jipID
};}>
};}>

http://pastie.org/private/tiqwlatfrjteontavv84q

As you can see, there is no line 49 and no _jipid variable. Are you using mods? 

The bullet to shell change is some underlying preparation to distinguish between guns / machineguns and cannons in engine. As the line between those is not precise, it is based on the ammo used - if it is a shell or bullet.

We are going to investigate the impact further to make sure everything is working as intended :icon_twisted:

Yes the "line" between the two is fuzy - that's why i dont understand why the distinction is made in the first place, if it's not clear what is what.

1) Starting from a vehicle armament standpoint you can only have one machinegun type and one cannon type, because the current system doesnt allow any free combination. So if you have a BRDM-2 with 14.5mm and 7.62mm guns, the 14.5mm has to be a cannon otherwise it won't work properly. Same with a Mig-15 with 2x 23mm and 1x 37mm, the 37mm has to be a cannon.  You can't have different calibers for machineguns that fire from different places. If you define one (or multiple) memorypoint for a machinegun, all machinegun type weapons will fire from this one (or multiple) memorypoints. You can't have 2 cannons and you can't create multiple memorypoints for one cannon either.

This system is extremely limiting. If a vehicle has any "more complex" armament you can't make it happen in arma. Examples:  Aircraft and Helicopters with extra Gunpods or WW2 Fighter/Fighter-Bombers with various weapons.

2) Recoilforce effects on the vehicle are defined by if it's a cannon (ergo "shotShell") or not. This can pose problems if you want or don't want the recoilforce for that particular weapon. The Recoil (to the best of my knowledge) is not changeable. There are situations where you wouldn't want a cannon to produce recoil force (e.g. if it has very good damping), or where you would want it to produce more / less recoil. Or occasions where you'd want "machineguns" to produce recoil (on Fighteraircraft for example).

The AI doesnt need the system, because it can use the Ammousage flags and the Value of the ammo to determine what to use. The vehicle commander commands the gunner to use "cannon"  or "machinegun" but this is only a voice message which doesnt need the distinction, just a flag in the weapon to use.

Solution: 

• Get rid of the hardcoded settings. Implement a recoil modifier in the bullet or weapon config so they can be tweaked on a case-by-case basis. Same with other parameters - if the ammo needs different simulation parameters (accuracy of simultion, damage model, visual model handling, ...) then set those in the ammo directly and individually please.
  • Most importantly we could really need an overhaul of the armament system to be more flexible. Give us a way to define the weapon and it's memorypoint(s) directly, for multiple weapons. Bonus points if we can link different weapons to fire at the exact same time (e.g. Wing mounted Gunpods firing at the same time as a different nose mounted weapon on a Ground Attack Plane/ Helicopter )

Hey guys, can someone help me confirm something. I'm using stable 1.50 and AA guns don't work if you're playing as OPFOR or INDIFOR. AA gun will only start the seeking mode if you're a BLUFOR player. It also doesn't matter whose AA launcher you use, what matters is your side. Is this somehow related to the keybind? I really can't tell.

Test mission - https://mega.nz/#!6wQhmSIZ!A4-9_qkoHrHYngNEQO5P2lGwv4vbqAAW3hVibNl20Ys

Fixed: Negative score from destroying a friendly vehicle occupied by enemy

This is cool but it is not finished. There has to be cool down period after the enemy unit leaves friendly vehicle so that the vehicle is still considered "hot". Because if enemy unit jumps out of the vehicle before you destroy it, you get punished with negative rating. This "hot" status should be just that, "hot" status not connected to vehicle side,. The vehicle should become sideUnknown when empty immediately, but the "hot" status should last for another few seconds.

This is cool but it is not finished. There has to be cool down period after the enemy unit leaves friendly vehicle so that the vehicle is still considered "hot". Because if enemy unit jumps out of the vehicle before you destroy it, you get punished with negative rating. This "hot" status should be just that, "hot" status not connected to vehicle side,. The vehicle should become sideUnknown when empty immediately, but the "hot" status should last for another few seconds.

Also, such things seem to bypass the HandleScore event.

};

_jipID
};}>
};}>

Hi there. This issue was triggered when remote execution was called improperly and failed. In that case both commands (remoteExec and remoteExecCall) return NIL and it triggered the error. It has been already found out and fixed.

Hey guys, can someone help me confirm something. I'm using stable 1.50 and AA guns don't work if you're playing as OPFOR or INDIFOR. AA gun will only start the seeking mode if you're a BLUFOR player. It also doesn't matter whose AA launcher you use, what matters is your side. Is this somehow related to the keybind? I really can't tell.

Test mission - https://mega.nz/#!6wQhmSIZ!A4-9_qkoHrHYngNEQO5P2lGwv4vbqAAW3hVibNl20Ys

Okay, it was a problem with the keybinds. I reset the binds for lock target and reveal target and it stated to work. That is a one strange strange thing.

I hope that with the EDEN Editor comes the funtionality to make units playable enmasse, along with other edits to multiple units simultaneously.

I hope that with the EDEN Editor comes the funtionality to make units playable enmasse, along with other edits to multiple units simultaneously.

Already doable with EDEN, select multiple units, right click and press attributes. Can do all kinds of things to multiple units at once.

During the livestream, I believe they did demonstrate the ability to change the properties of an entire group of units at once, rather than one-at-a-time.