Seems to me that the shooter yanks the Katiba downwards to eject the spent case when reloading the GL, I'd be fine with it if there would be an empty case to eject.

from 1.50 to dev branch 1.4 gb? is massive.........

There is certain amount of overlap in there... I reverted back to 1.50 to play online and that download was 1.1gb... 

which leads me to believe all that awesomeness is contained in a further 300mb give or take... making it all the more impressive... assuming i'm right

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but I'm using the current RC build, and I've recently noticed something that annoys the hell out of me...

The camera seems to be flickering in 1st person : if I go right up against a rock or a tree and stop touching the mouse, I can see them trembling a bit on my screen.

It looks like some kind of micro-stuttering in the camera or head movement; it's not tied to the headbobbling option, and going to 3rd person view fixes it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Seems to me that the shooter yanks the Katiba downwards to eject the spent case when reloading the GL, I'd be fine with it if there would be an empty case to eject.

while he yanks it, he don't have to lower entire rifle lower - you just yank it sideways if you have to.

Still would prefer casual taking in and out Shell with fingers - no need to yank like he does.

however, I thought [0,0] would be the center of my screen, but that's not the case, guess it was written with a different resolution in mind?

Na, this is standard for UI. [0,0] is the top left of the coordinate system.

In arma the absolute coordinate system is a 4:3 box that's centred on the main display (hence [0.5, 0.5] is always the centre) and scales with resolution.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but I'm using the current RC build, and I've recently noticed something that annoys the hell out of me...

The camera seems to be flickering in 1st person : if I go right up against a rock or a tree and stop touching the mouse, I can see them trembling a bit on my screen.

It looks like some kind of micro-stuttering in the camera or head movement; it's not tied to the headbobbling option, and going to 3rd person view fixes it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Had this for as long as I can remember. Looks like the character is trembling.

Crap, I guess it's not going away anytime soon then...

been getting this error over the last few days. not often but occasionally. Crashes Arma 3 completely as you might expect.

8:25:21 DX11 error : Device removed:  : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
 8:25:21 DX11 - device removed - reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
 8:25:23 EPE manager release (0|28|0)

Fixed: Cannons actually use shells instead of bullets because even shells have their tracers

Can somebody explain to me what was changed to what? Cannon shells of tanks used tracers before, so the explanation doesnt really help.

Can somebody explain to me what was changed to what? Cannon shells of tanks used tracers before, so the explanation doesnt really help.

I suppose the tracer should be.. bigger? Given it's a tank round and not a bullet. That's just my guess though. 

If I understand correctly. Tank cannon ammo was changed from "ShotBullet" to "ShotShell" simulation type.

As you noticed, we added some UGLs reload animations to Dev-Branch. A short video of them can be found here.

For those wondering, raidpl0x pointed out the implementation on Reddit. In short, we use a new animation source, reloadMagazine2, to handle the model.cfg animations of the UGL. Also, we moved the reloadAction property from ammo config to the configs of UGLs themselves, which allowed us to create new reload gestures, different for each UGL. However, please note the MX one will take more time, since some additional work in the model is needed.

• Like 4

I don't even know who to ask about it, so I just leave it there in hope someone knows the answer. Why on earth unit stops when reloading the rocket launcher? I think we all have kinda accepted that changing weapon on the move is not possible because it is not a gesture, like reloading, yada yada. But rocket launcher reloading is a gesture, right? So why it cannot be done while moving? Another mega annoying thing is that it cannot be interrupted so you are a sitting duck while animation is played, cannot move, cannot cancel. Major major annoyance.   

As you noticed, we added some UGLs reload animations to Dev-Branch. A short video of them can be found here.

For those wondering, raidpl0x pointed out the implementation on Reddit. In short, we use a new animation source, reloadMagazine2, to handle the model.cfg animations of the UGL. Also, we moved the reloadAction property from ammo config to the configs of UGLs themselves, which allowed us to create new reload gestures, different for each UGL. However, please note the MX one will take more time, since some additional work in the model is needed.

The animation for the Mk20 is not yet staged on dev branch right? Otherwise it's not working for me.

The animation for the Mk20 is not yet staged on dev branch right? Otherwise it's not working for me.

Right You are  :icon_twisted: The new animation should be staged to dev branch today.

UGL animations look so good now we a need a model of the grenade moving in and moving out of the GL while reloading. Cheers!

• Like 1

UGL animations look so good now we a need a model of the grenade moving in and moving out of the GL while reloading. Cheers!

We've been considering this, but there are some technical concerns about performance impact (more draw calls). So we'll probably prototype that to investigate possibilities and evaluate plausibility. No promises or ETA, though, and please note it's more likely not happening.

We've been considering this, but there are some technical concerns about performance impact (more draw calls). So we'll probably prototype that to investigate possibilities and evaluate plausibility. No promises or ETA, though, and please note it's more likely not happening.

Why not be consistent with other BI weapons in the game? Considering Zubr has 6 individually modeled and animated bullets that makes this explanation seems contradictory. Besides, detailed grenade in the Pilot LOD, less detailed one in the other resolution LODs is not going to be the end of the world, is it?

• Like 2

the 6 individual bullets may be part of the main body texture, in that case they wouldn't cause additional draw calls.

Maybe have it just for first person view/ in pilot view LOD but not for other soldiers ?

Why not be consistent with other BI weapons in the game? Considering Zubr has 6 individually modeled and animated bullets that makes this explanation seems contradictory. Besides, detailed grenade in the Pilot LOD, less detailed one in the other resolution LODs is not going to be the end of the world, is it?

True , one GL nade won't make a dramatic FPS loss - unless the GL nade would have like 50k tris in the model heh

It's not that much about number of animations (although those should be considered, too). One thing is to mind the poly count with adding stuff to a gun's model. More importantly, I mentioned the draw calls. If we just add a grenade with a new texture, we also add a draw call just for the grenade's sake, which has a negative impact on performance. So a better idea is to include the grenade's texture to the gun's one, but that means adjusting the guns model, as well, which obviously takes some time. (You noted Zubr, which was made with all that in mind, contrary to the guns with UGLs.)

• Like 1

True , one GL nade won't make a dramatic FPS loss - unless the GL nade would have like 50k tris in the model heh

It's the additional draw call for the new grenade _CO, _SMDI, _NOHQ and _AS textures (i.e. adding an additional section to the models with UGL) that will have the performance impact - it's not to do with poly count. Basically there's no room to fit textures for a grenade on any of the existing UV layouts so it'd have to be added as a separate texture/UV set or do a whole bunch or rearranging.

^Locklear already said it^

The UGL rifles already have more sections than the standard rifles, owing to them having the red-dot quadrant sight that requires a texture for itself and a separate _CA alpha texture for the reticle and lens.

If I was BIS I'd consider making making a new 2048*1024 texture with a3\weapons_f\data\gl_holo_co.paa taking up one half (1024*1024) and adding the 40mm grenade textures to the other half. Then simply load the models up in O2, scale the quadrant sight's UV's by 0.5 in the U axis with the transformation centre set to the [0,0] UV coordinate, apply the new combined texture and UV map the grenade to the other half.

That way, the section count remains the same since all the GLs use the quadrant sight and already have that additional texture. Texel resolution remains the same for the weapons and the quadrant sight since you're not really doing any major UV-fuckery. And the only performance hit is that the texture file sizes are larger by a few MB - owing to that they're now a 2048*1024 rectangle instead of a 1024*1024 square - but this is still smaller than the standard 2048*2048 panels used for most assets in the game.

Obviously keep the old a3\weapons_f\data\gl_holo_co.paa texture set, since some addons might be using it and you wouldn't want to cause their UVs to stop matching the texture.

• Like 1

@da12thMonkey

You are right but still that nade don't need to be super detailed in the texture or having a special own textures

like you said pasting it into gl_holo_co.paa would work fine

[unit,"animation"] remoteExecCall ["switchMove", 0] <-  What is wrong with this current method?

Mmm i forgot about remoteExecCall. Thanks for the pointer.