Tried again in the current stable (1.50.131969) and Engine Off action hides correctly. Here's the .pbo, if you copy it to \Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Addons\ and launch the game, it should work.

It works! I found what was wrong in my config. I forgot the requiredAddons[] = {"A3_UI_F"}; thing. Thanks very much.

Also, I have another question. What config entry answers for open door action? I want to hide it too. Thanks. :)

No.

On another topic, raising and lowering your weapon while moving is mostly broken in Dev build (works fine in 1.48 Stable).

Raising/lowering weapons while moving is still broken (or broken again?) in dev build 1.53.132440. I have the action is bound to 2x Ctrl.

Raising/lowering weapons while moving is still broken (or broken again?) in dev build 1.53.132440. I have the action is bound to 2x Ctrl.

Could you please be more specific? I am aware of issue when character occasionally stops movement when 2xLCtrl is excessively pressed during movement - and yes, we plan to fix that - ATM we are investigating the cause with programming dpt.

No change log today???

It was stuck in traffic ;)

Could you please be more specific? I am aware of issue when character occasionally stops movement when 2xLCtrl is excessively pressed during movement - and yes, we plan to fix that - ATM we are investigating the cause with programming dpt.

Sorry, I assumed the issue is universal and self evident. I use slightly modified controls from the default Arma 3 control setup:

- delete binding hold breath to RMB

- bind hold breath to LCtrl 

- delete binding optics to RMB

- bind optics to V

- delete binding step over to V

- bind step over to LCtrl+2xW

With that set up, if the player has primary weapon raised and is moving forward at any speed, attempting to lower weapon by pressing 2xCtrl always results in the player stopping, lowering weapon, then instantly raising it again. With the exact same key bindings, I could successfully raise/lower weapon while moving without issue in all versions up to 1.48.

If I reset key bindings to Arma 3 preset, then I have no problem lowering weapon while moving. FT comment here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8968#c99053

here's a repro from the last time it was mentioned. 

Repro arma 3 vannila dev branch (latest - todays)

Load VR

Pick riflemen

Preview

3rd person

Start moving and don't let go

Switch multiple times to lower gun

and raising

[soldier will stop]

[soldier will mistep]

[soldier will lower and raise gun quickly]

• Added: New version of Personal Protective Equipment

What is this actually though?

Posted Yesterday, 23:37

Were you guys punished by doing some overtime?

Were the updated hitboxes added in then?

Any ETA on when we'll get the new Shadow Tech with DX12?

I'm trying to find a hint in the picture, but without success, so what is Shadow Tech?

I'm trying to find a hint in the picture, but without success, so what is Shadow Tech?

"Shadow Tech" is an elite squad name. You can see they helmet on the left. :D :D What is that btw? :D

Were the updated hitboxes added in then?

Saw this in the changelog and decided to fire the game up for the first time in a long while.

There is indeed a difference between a helmet shot and a face shot now. great job devs! However that is all I could find. Couldn't really see any difference between a hit to the plate vs the unprotected sides/portions of the torso. I did notice that vests in general seem to offer less protection though. Three 556 to kill. I believe it used to be more...

I did notice that vests in general seem to offer less protection though. Three 556 to kill. I believe it used to be more...

Ahhh, finally. The Arma god's have heard the cries.

What shadow tech are you talking about?

"Shadow Tech" is an elite squad name. You can see they helmet on the left. :D  :D What is that btw? :D

*Whisper Voice*

Shhh, i'm fishing. I was hoping BI would take the bait and expose why one of the Dev's was staring at a wall on Tanoa. XD

(Also, either it's my eye's, or those shadow's look relativity smoother than what i've noticed.)

Ahhh, finally. The Arma god's have heard the cries.

Personally, I am actually not a fan of 3 5.56 to a plate and the guy is dead. I would much prefer 5 or 6+, but the plate only covers what it actually covers (instead of the whole torso as it still seems to) and much more severe "wounded" penalties. 

Personally, I am actually not a fan of 3 5.56 to a plate and the guy is dead. I would much prefer 5 or 6+, but the plate only covers what it actually covers (instead of the whole torso as it still seems to) and much more severe "wounded" penalties. 

3x 5.56 would surely hurt, if not broken ribs, and if super lucky, penetrate. I do however like that you can no shoot an uncovered part of the Torso, and kill them, given the vest is not covering that area. That's how it should be. This means less shooting a guy 3 times in the ribs, having them swing around, and killing me before i can put the last 2 rounds in.

However, i'm mainly happy that it will be a little close to Arma 2, where 5.56 actually killed people.

• Like 1

3x 5.56 would surely hurt, if not broken ribs, and if super lucky, penetrate. I do however like that you can no shoot an uncovered part of the Torso, and kill them, given the vest is not covering that area. That's how it should be. This means less shooting a guy 3 times in the ribs, having them swing around, and killing me before i can put the last 2 rounds in.

However, i'm mainly happy that it will be a little close to Arma 2, where 5.56 actually killed people.

I would disagree about 3 rounds to a vest hurting much. I do think that more emphasis on specific protection areas is a more effective solution that severely handicapping body armour.

3x 5.56 would surely hurt, if not broken ribs, and if super lucky, penetrate.

A solid steel plate will barely deform, so the entire plate will take the energy, distributing it over your entire body. Soft armor (lower level) deforms alot more, so can't distribute the energy over a large enough area-> internal damage possibly.

Also depending on the clothes and armor worn beneath the main armor. Ceramic plates also deform more then steel plates. Depending on the armor (steel or dragon skin) it won't really degrade either (unless we are talking about several hundred/thousand impacts), so it wont matter if 3 hits or 10... No penetration.

There is indeed a difference between a helmet shot and a face shot now. 

After more testing, I believe I was mistaking top of the head "glancing" hits (not dealling full damage) with helmet protection. It does seem that the helmet does offer protection to the whole face still. It would be nice if the devs could comment on the progress made and what is planned. Anyhow I will move to the appropriate thread now.

These are the improvements described a little bit in the OPERATIONS section of this SITREP (more details forthcoming, probably in an OPREP).

Also, several changes were missing from Friday's log, so those were added.