Fixed: Locking sound

what was fixed for it? Cause i checked in the hopes that this would be fixed, but it isnt the case

Since when did the hit "animations" change? I can't see anything in the changelogs.  :suspicious:

The twitch is different, and units don't just crumble & fold when they die like in the stable v1.50. They kinda have more spring in their last step. Looks a bit better to me.

Removed: Turning animation in first person (because it caused some twitching)

Worst change ever. Character now not only levites in air but also turns without any footsteps sound. :confused:

Worst change ever. Character now not only levites in air but also turns without any footsteps sound. :confused:

I think it's temporary, but who knows?!

Tweaked: Adjusted some ragdoll values in core configuration and removed override from Data_F (bananas to ACE3 for the inspiration)

:wub:

• Like 3

That makes the final death poses look a little better, but there's too much force; it looks like they're being hit by a car.

This dude smoked some good stuff!

Oh my god! A tramarmaboline!

So it's a feature ? I knew it. Tramarmaboline confirmed for Tanoa!

Please add an Ammo Type parameter to Killed EH similar to Fired. There is no way to determine if explosive killed someone as it only returns currentWeapon.

Repro: Let yourself be killed by another units bomb and check the End Screen.

• Like 1

We are aware of the issue and it should be fixed soon :)

Changed: Ragdoll tweaks reverted (they need more testing time, so will return in some form after the next update)

Fixed: Sound - AI sometimes does not fully speak its dialogue

Was this a kbTell thing? Haven't played much singleplayer recently, but in a hosted co-op I was having issues with a user-made mission where kbTell dialogue was not being spoken, or kbWasSaid was not working, which broke the flow of a script. It was only happening in MP, though.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw the explanation in the AI log. Thought I'd seen some reports about campaign dialogue not working, though.

We agree that this is not the way to go. The change will be reverted and another solution sought.

• Like 2

important explanation for disableRemoteSensors true;

mission/scripts/addons must have code/actions/triggers etc. written in way,

where is executed/handled/operated with everything in locality where AI is local (runs)

this covers script-commands: knowsAbout, nearTargets, targetKnowledge

Example:

1. you setup HC group with AI (guard_grp)

2. guard_grp notice player trying sneak to base

situation on HC (AI is local there) knowsAbout will be tested to raise alarm > Success !

situation on dedicated server (AI not local there) knowsAbout will be tested to raise alarm > Fail !

group explanation:

Squad leader is player #42, all group AI are local to client #42

member of group is player #67 (beacuse he is player, he is remote, non-local)

this case is covered so player #67 share what he sees with player #42,

there is condition on whole group and not just unit

note: High Command (complex groups) is WIP and should be adddressed in future

it's not per AI command, it's for whole "simulation" locality

so you run it once (e.g. mission init) on each client, server, each HC ...

unless you have code which awaits something from remote locality for those 3 commands which could break

e.g. in init event scripts https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Event_Scripts

so just add into mission init.sqf :

if (!getRemoteSensorsDisabled) then {disableRemoteSensors true;};

yet repeated re-enable and disable is possible, as/if needed

additional details: http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00122

GG on the port so far guys (and VP as well)

The game seems to run even better than Windows in some situations. I really didn't expect that.

• Like 1

Any chance to schedule this small issue to the 1.52? :)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24918

I can't reply to the ticket. So i make it here.

I agree, that the door should open outside. Maybe it wasn't clear enough, but I didn't requested to open it inside. The problem is whit the direction. It should open to the right(because of the stairs) and not to the left as it now.

If you put it on the right side it would not affect anything and would much comfortable to enter into the building. Just mirror it vertically. OMG, I wonder why you aren't think to it. :D

Edit: like this

8vmtK41.jpg

• Like 1

RE: door opening (Adam's quote)

Entrance doors usually open outside (tradition based on making it harder to break in)

Totally disagree. There is a reason entrance doors are opening inside, one of which, it is much easier to put your foot down to stop anyone trying to barge in, even a granny can stop an intruder. Other reasons are not less valid:

Exterior Doors
Exterior doors traditionally are installed to open inward. This places the hinges on the inside of the door, preventing them from being accessed by criminals. The reasoning is somewhat valid, but most contemporary door hinges are thief resistant and can't be tampered with when exposed on the exterior of the door. Contradictions to inward-swinging exterior doors are common in areas with possible high winds and/or water penetration such as Florida, where many exterior doors swing outward. The outward orientation blocks water and wind better because the doorstop prevents the inward movement of the door. Other exceptions to inward-swinging exterior doors might include interior light switches or electrical controls that are covered by the door when it's open.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_5384302_way-should-door-swing.html

I was always puzzled by the door opening direction in A3, not that it made little logical sense, it is also a PITA to enter buildings. If a door opens inside, very easy to enter a building and exit too, because let's face it, no one usually closes doors behind after entering.

99% of the doors out here open outwards, except on some public buildings. I guess it's a regional thing.

Regardless of whether inward or outward i think that specify door could be easily fixed, just by moving the hinges from left to right. If you agree like this post. Ty!  ;)

• Like 1

dannczer's picture is like I've used to doors to open if they're doors to out/in of the building. So from the outside you need to pull and the knob goes from left to right like in the picture. Inside doors usually are pushed in the room except bathroom doors.

It should be very clear that the door shouldn't block the stairs from the outside when there's an option that should satisfy all.

• Like 1

99% of the doors out here open outwards, except on some public buildings. I guess it's a regional thing.

I'm not sure where "here" is but in my experience in Europe, most doors open inwards.

Which from an ergonomics and security point of view makes more sense.

I'm not sure where "here" is but in my experience in Europe, most doors open inwards.

Which from an ergonomics and security point of view makes more sense.

Here being Finland. It might be just a local oddity then. Never paid much attention to doors abroad.

Based on a quick tour in Google Streetview, I think doors don't open outwards in Czech nor Greece either.