So is it just me or is there some problem running scripts with the latest dev update?

Let's say I have directory called scripts in my Arma3 directory (because I really do), and try to run a script eg:

0 = [] execvm "\scripts\some_script.sqf"

Absolutely nada.

Up until a few days ago it worked fine.

So am I missing something?

So is it just me or is there some problem running scripts with the latest dev update?

Let's say I have directory called scripts in my Arma3 directory (because I really do), and try to run a script eg:

0 = [] execvm "\scripts\some_script.sqf"

Absolutely nada.

Up until a few days ago it worked fine.

So am I missing something?

Is it a file patching thing? Dunno.

Try with -filePatching in startup parameters.

Is it a file patching thing? Dunno.

Try with -filePatching in startup parameters.

Well !@#$ me, that worked! Thanks Greenfist. I wonder why this behaviour only just started?

Well !@#$ me, that worked! Thanks Greenfist. I wonder why this behaviour only just started?

It has been warned for some weeks already that file patching will be changed because of security reasons. It's now off by default because of that.

Damn, I really hoped we would see the new walking animation with update 1.50. (I'm just so excited)

Also, could you provide more details about the changes that were applied to the animal system?

Edit: I noticed that there are multiple modules and you can place rabits via unit placement

Modules -> Sites -> Animals

Modules -> Misc -> Animals  No real difference compared to the sites module except that one can't limit the movement area for the animals

Units -> Ambient Life    : Only rabits here.  Shouldn't there be all other animals available too?

All in all, I think the modules should be merged and all types of animals should be available in units -> ambient life, as it is right now, it seems kinda random.

Enjoying the update -great job!

One issue Ive been noticing lately is that it takes much longer to report a player led AI squaddie dead then before -even when one is blatantly killed nearby. Closely related there is also a problem with Revealing enemy units even if he is dead center in your sights and you hold Reveal.

Units -> Ambient Life    : Only rabits here.  Shouldn't there be all other animals available too?

All in all, I think the modules should be merged and all types of animals should be available in units -> ambient life, as it is right now, it seems kinda random.

couldn't agree more. always bugged me.

It's this change from Tuesday:

• Changed: Script commands loadFile*, htmlLoad, prepocessFile*, exec* now consider file patching settings

couldn't agree more. always bugged me.

I'll open a ticket for it  http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25297

Is the door open direction a design decision or a bug in this case? It's really uncomfortable to open it. Could you just swap the direction?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24918 

Your link does not seem to work.

• Added: New limits for FFV positions for MH-9 and Hellcat thanks to new tech

Any additional information on this?

All I can say is that MH-9 FFV is even more limited now :D

We are working on a new tech that allows different shapes than rectangular. The first examples are not ideal, but we need something to test the technology on and we decided to put it under stress test on dev branch. As soon as the technology is working as we intend it to (including proper configuration which is more of a bottleneck now), we would like to provide a proper documentation as with any new tech ;)

• Like 5

We are working on a new tech that allows different shapes than rectangular.

Where's the happy banana dance emoticon when you need it? Looking forward for more ^_^

there are two new commands - disableRemoteSensors bool and bool = getRemoteSensorsDisabled

what are they good for:
- each unit needs many raycasts to determine whom it can see (this takes a lot of CPU time)
- most MP players do not really need the information if player #42 can see player #67

So this command will disable raycasts for remote (not local) unit that is in a group, that doesn't have any local units (you will not compute any raycasts for 85 remaining player)

and hopefully saves some CPU time.

- it will break knowsAbout script command (will not be updated), reveal should still work

- commands are local and can be used for both client or server

- state will be reseted when mission ends

• Like 5

- each unit needs many raycasts to determine whom it can see (this takes a lot of CPU time)

If I've understood correctly, this has been one of the main culprits for bad performance in game modes like King of the Hill, where you have 50+ players in a small area?

Is this command present in the recent PERF binary, which Dwarden advertised having fps improvements?

I've gotta try his test server like now.

If I've understood correctly, this has been one of the main culprits for bad performance in game modes like King of the Hill, where you have 50+ players in a small area?

Is this command present in the recent PERF binary, which Dwarden advertised having fps improvements?

I've gotta try his test server like now.

yes either DEV or get the PERF/PROF 1.50.132101 https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-150-performance-binary-feedback/?p=2909162#entry2909162

Exactly.

If you check captureFrame log, it should decrease time spent in visUA scope.

Is this a PvP only thing, or is it also possible to disable those raycasts for player during a coop mission? (PvE).

Is this a PvP only thing, or is it also possible to disable those raycasts for player during a coop mission? (PvE).

You can use for PVE. If AI is remote, it will continue shooting (is simulated on server). If it is local, raycast will be computed.

Just expect that knowsAbout command for remote units will not be updated.

Visibility raycasts are not computed for units with disabled simulation.

man that sounds promising and about time since it seems like it's common sense thing. i always thought i'd prefer 100% manual player spotting anyways. hate when my avatar reports stuff i don't even see. i hope you guys find more similar things like that. also the fact it's optional is great to directly compare FPS and of courseto  not break anything.

just out of curiousity. i assume since it's about raycasts that similar things to knowsabout like neartargets (parts of its data) and that new thing targetknowledge will at least "break" partly too?

...I always thought i'd prefer 100% manual player spotting anyways. hate when my avatar reports stuff i don't even see.....

just out of curiousity. i assume since it's about raycasts that similar things to knowsabout like neartargets (parts of its data) and that new thing targetknowledge will at least "break" partly too?

man that sounds promising and about time since it seems like it's common sense thing. i always thought i'd prefer 100% manual player spotting anyways. hate when my avatar reports stuff i don't even see. i hope you guys find more similar things like that. also the fact it's optional is great to directly compare FPS and of courseto  not break anything.

Player is local, so nothing changes for him.

Yes, for remote units neartargets and targetknowledge will also be outdated