No.

On another topic, raising and lowering your weapon while moving is mostly broken in Dev build (works fine in 1.48 Stable).

How exactly?

How exactly?

Repro arma 3 vannila dev branch (latest - todays)

Load VR

Pick riflemen

Preview

3rd person

Start moving and don't let go

Switch multiple times to lower gun

and raising

[soldier will stop]

[soldier will mistep]

[soldier will lower and raise gun quickly]

Repro arma 3 vannila dev branch (latest - todays)

Load VR

Pick riflemen

Preview

3rd person

Start moving and don't let go

Switch multiple times to lower gun

and raising

[soldier will stop]

[soldier will mistep]

[soldier will lower and raise gun quickly]

Thanks, the issue has been processed and is scheduled for a fix! 

Happy to help.

The bug forces software to adapt.Evolve into something new because of it.Work around it or work throught it.No matter
what it changes.It becomes something new.The next version, the inevitable upgrade.-Elliot Anderson

Mr robot series is pretty good!

Good god, why

Please tell me they meant "decreased". What in the fuck.

Everyone and their mother has complained that the launcher lock-on sounds are loud as heck. And what do they do? Increase the volume even more? I'm struggling to believe this wasn't a mistake.

Please tell me they meant "decreased". What in the fuck.

Everyone and their mother has complained that the launcher lock-on sounds are loud as heck. And what do they do? Increase the volume even more? I'm struggling to believe this wasn't a mistake.

They heard about the complaints that it's not loud enough and did not even investigate, which is the actual reason why it's not loud enough...

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20904

In SITREP you wrote that we should test any movement exploits, so i want to point out these tickets that are marked as resolved but are not fixed in 1.48 nor in Dev. Branch
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19487
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18947

edit. Today's changelog fixed it.. Good job.

Also these fixes were in Dev. Branch before 1.48 update but were not included in Stable. Can we expect them in next update?
Improved: Cars are no longer prone to explosions from small arms fire. Explosive shells & devices are now required to blow up cars.
Fixed: Getting out of vehicles no longer resets fire mode

Also these fixes were in Dev. Branch before 1.48 update but were not included in Stable. Can we expect them in next update?

Sometimes internal confusion arises as to what changes have made it to the update snapshot, and the wrong change log entries get published. In most cases you can expect such missing fixes or improvements to get hovered up by the update after that indeed.

Agreed.Animators were pulled to different project that's why that set of animations were only temporary there.

Can't wait till they continue their work.The way gun moves left and right as he runs is pretty sweet.

The new walk anim was a nice improvement. Felt more contextually versatile. The only tweak I think it needed was a shorter gait. The step seemed unnaturally far.

Curious... What happened to that awesome attempt at a WIP walking animation?

Tweaking this animation is not canceled, only post-poned.

• Like 3

Tweaking this animation is not canceled, only post-poned.

Speaking of which, I recently saw a video of "Ghost Recon Wildlands", and thought that the animations walking up/down hills looked very natural in this game. In Arma 3 they just switch to slower walking speed (and combined with the casual stance when walking, this looks rather weird). Are there any plans to introduce something similar in Arma?

(for reference I am talking about this https://youtu.be/Hg5n8mAgTKo?t=14 )

it only works downhill, only when not trying to fire, and only for steep hills. Not worth it.

it only works downhill, only when not trying to fire, and only for steep hills. Not worth it.

Most of the movement in Arma is very robotic. I'm happy that a lot of this has been corrected in Arma 3 (custom reloads, custom get in / get out anims), but please speak only for yourself when you say something "isn't worth it"

Most of the movement in Arma is very robotic. I'm happy that a lot of this has been corrected in Arma 3 (custom reloads, custom get in / get out anims), but please speak only for yourself when you say something "isn't worth it"

I think he mean isn't worth it now. There are lot of major issues in the game which should have higher priorities.

There's actually something that should be worked on, in recent game sessions, i found my team mates really getting pissed off over third person view. There are some people who have actually mastered shooting over the slightest hill, or bump in terrain and such, using 3rd person view. So, i'm curious as to if you guys would ever work on tweaking it to something more like Dead-fast's third person view, where it's still there, but it doesn't allow you to look over and around walls as easily. You can still monitor your body and situation as 3rd person was intended for, but it's less cheaty. Would you guys ever tweak 3rd person  to better fit the look, and gameplay of Arma 3?

There's actually something that should be worked on, in recent game sessions, i found my team mates really getting pissed off over third person view. There are some people who have actually mastered shooting over the slightest hill, or bump in terrain and such, using 3rd person view. So, i'm curious as to if you guys would ever work on tweaking it to something more like Dead-fast's third person view, where it's still there, but it doesn't allow you to look over and around walls as easily. You can still monitor your body and situation as 3rd person was intended for, but it's less cheaty. Would you guys ever tweak 3rd person  to better fit the look, and gameplay of Arma 3?

I would definitely like to see a more flexible method (such as a script command :ph34r:) of enabling/disabling 3rd person view. Though I wouldn't get my hopes up that the actual camera behaviour will change.

I would definitely like to see a more flexible method (such as a script command :ph34r:) of enabling/disabling 3rd person view. Though I wouldn't get my hopes up that the actual camera behaviour will change.

I'm not really looking to see if BIS would make a script to enable/disable in that manner, it can already be done, disabling, and enabling. What i mean, is changing the Camera, yes. But it's not impossible to improve the 3rd person view. It's been the same for ages, and no matter what you do, it always gets exploited for example, looking over hills, walls, and around buildings. And believe me, it has a profound impact on gaming, in a negative way. You can sit around staring over and around things for hours before you see an enemy make a move. IT works both ways. It does make game-play stale in a way. If we got rid of this ability to look over/around things, it would fix a lot of problems, and the staleness of the exploits. In other words, you would have to actually have to expose more of yourself in order to get a view on things, but you'd stil be able to look at your character. Just not over and around walls or terrain.

Example of that

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wqVb64F8ozo/hqdefault.jpg

Basically you want shoulder view :)

Hehe, well, just a less exploitable FOV in 3rd person. Just something that's still Arma, but, better. An improvement over previous iterations. =D

Speaking of which, I recently saw a video of "Ghost Recon Wildlands", and thought that the animations walking up/down hills looked very natural in this game. In Arma 3 they just switch to slower walking speed (and combined with the casual stance when walking, this looks rather weird). Are there any plans to introduce something similar in Arma?

There are no such plans for Arma 3. We're reaching the limits of our animation tech (some would say we've breached them a while ago ;)). While we do still plan some animation work and tweaks, they are very costly due to the limitations we have to work around. The Enfusion engine seeks to take animations forward a lot, but it's not going to be used wholly in Arma 3.