Another thing... It looks like since a short while it isn't possible anymore to use doMove on animals. They rotate into the direction, but they won't move a bit. Is this also due to the animal changes that are currently happening? And: Will it be possible to get this to work again? Might sound silly, but I need to take control of animals. :>

Another thing... It looks like since a short while it isn't possible anymore to use doMove on animals. They rotate into the direction, but they won't move a bit. Is this also due to the animal changes that are currently happening? And: Will it be possible to get this to work again? Might sound silly, but I need to take control of animals. :>

Here is the FT Thread about it :)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23692

Damn, it's already since April. Did I not touch the game for so long? Anyway, good to see time is spent on fixing it.

CLzJoAAUsAAkD1N.jpg

From the pictures it looks alright.Another thing would be to see this in  action.

The problematic run looks more unarmed with hands waving kinda wide.

Ok, i have found these fixes in Development branch changelog, but cant find them in Stable branch changelog. Are they actually in stable branch? If not, will they be added in next update?

Fixed: Getting out of vehicles no longer resets fire mode. This is not fixed in 1.48

Improved: Cars are no longer prone to explosions from small arms fire. Explosive shells & devices are now required to blow up cars

Tweaked: Rotation (changed axis)

• Tweaked: Improved skinning of stomach stripes for VR soldier
  • Tweaked: Improved skinning / mesh of arm strips for VR soldier

Sigh. I don't wanna be the BIS Y U NO guy, but does anybody really care about the VR units? How about improving the NATO uniforms and vests? The multicam looks like it was the first thing made for the game 5+ years ago. Meanwhile, the AAF, which once upon a time was supposed to be the poorest and least-advanced faction, are the guys with the highest quality uniforms. I know this is simply by virtue of the AAF gear being newer assets, but in the game it looks like they have brand new gear while NATO is wearing hand-me-downs.

The NATO plate carrier really shows its age when compared to the AAF vests. Not to mention that the NATO vest still has 556 mags in it. I know BIS's preferred solution to that would probably be to get rid of that vest altogether and replace it with the newer heavy vests, but I pray they don't do that because I think the newer vests are terrible. But aside from how they look, those silly shoulder pads cover up the armpatches! Have a cool clan patch? Better not play as NATO!

Yes, it's a known issue and not just your version. It'll be corrected shortly.

In current Dev build, the Camp Maxwell missions in the Survive campaignette start with exploding vehicles, coloured marker arrows everywhere, script errors etc.

CLzJoAAUsAAkD1N.jpg

From the pictures it looks alright.Another thing would be to see this in  action.

The problematic run looks more unarmed with hands waving kinda wide.

Hello, unarmed sprints (and also sprints with binoculars in hand) are tweaked as well, you can check them out in current Dev-Branch. Regarding hands too wide - we will definitely look if there is a room for improvement. Thanks for your feedback and have a very nice day!

Regarding hands too wide - we will definitely look if there is a room for improvement.

Could we please also get the crouched stances that we have for handweapons for the launchers as well?

And also the sitting animation (prone and then one up). Because launchers are really clunky due to the lack of intermediary stances, the character behaves as if they weight 40kg.  The Alamut weighs just 10kg loaded, which is lighter then some machineguns... And even the RPG-29 can be fired without either kneeling down or standing completely upright.

Edit:  Please also fix the sickening vibration of the launcher when you have it in your hands and open the inventory menu. It's really a strain on the eye.

Sigh. I don't wanna be the BIS Y U NO guy, but does anybody really care about the VR units? How about improving the NATO uniforms and vests? The multicam looks like it was the first thing made for the game 5+ years ago. Meanwhile, the AAF, which once upon a time was supposed to be the poorest and least-advanced faction, are the guys with the highest quality uniforms. I know this is simply by virtue of the AAF gear being newer assets, but in the game it looks like they have brand new gear while NATO is wearing hand-me-downs.

The NATO plate carrier really shows its age when compared to the AAF vests. Not to mention that the NATO vest still has 556 mags in it. I know BIS's preferred solution to that would probably be to get rid of that vest altogether and replace it with the newer heavy vests, but I pray they don't do that because I think the newer vests are terrible. But aside from how they look, those silly shoulder pads cover up the armpatches! Have a cool clan patch? Better not play as NATO!

I'm completely in favor of replacing the crye CAGE vests with light variants of the AOTV (Advanced Outer Tactical Vest as opposed to Improved Outer Tactical Vest) grenadier and specops variants. The crye is really a better special forces vest anyways.

So, there should be (additionally to the two existing variants) three variants of the AOTV.

Light (No shoulder armour, groin protector and neck protector, small magazine capacity providing base protection.

Rifleman (Medium, includes groin protector, no neck and shoulder protection, Camelbak, multipurpose belt, dump pouch, lots of magazines, admin pouch, flag, etc.)

Leader (Medium, includes some rifle grenades, no groin and neck protector but more carrying capacity, magpouches, first aid kit, GPS pouch or something like that.)

The crye vests should then be moved to be carried only by recon and special forces (such as the SAS special research group operators), and their weapons either replaced with 5.56 weapons or the magazine pouches replaced.

I'm completely in favor of replacing the crye CAGE vests with light variants of the AOTV (Advanced Outer Tactical Vest as opposed to Improved Outer Tactical Vest) grenadier and specops variants. The crye is really a better special forces vest anyways.

So, there should be (additionally to the two existing variants) three variants of the AOTV.

Light (No shoulder armour, groin protector and neck protector, small magazine capacity providing base protection.

Rifleman (Medium, includes groin protector, no neck and shoulder protection, Camelbak, multipurpose belt, dump pouch, lots of magazines, admin pouch, flag, etc.)

Leader (Medium, includes some rifle grenades, no groin and neck protector but more carrying capacity, magpouches, first aid kit, GPS pouch or something like that.)

The crye vests should then be moved to be carried only by recon and special forces (such as the SAS special research group operators), and their weapons either replaced with 5.56 weapons or the magazine pouches replaced.

I love the Crye vests, I like how they look but personally, I think we need a lighter vest. An SPC or something light like that. While yes, I do think the textures could be improved, and the 5.56mm pouches need to be replaced, I think the Crye vests fit.

Regarding the new heavy vests, I'm mixed. I like the GL Rig having the big bulky shoulder pads and crotch pad, but the Spec Rig variant should not have the shoulder pads. If they do start replacing vests (I hope they at least keep models and all that there for mods) I'm going to hope we don't see an IOTV or anything like that. I'm so sick of seeing those ugly carriers.

I could live with a version of the new vests with no neck, shoulder or crotch armour if BIS wanted to replace the old vest. But I prefer the look of the old carrier. It just needs new textures and MX mags.

• Like 1

I could live with a version of the new vests with no neck, shoulder or crotch armour if BIS wanted to replace the old vest. But I prefer the look of the old carrier. It just needs new textures and MX mags.

I agree with everything except the part about MX mags. Also, would be nice to see BIS put together a few new pouch configurations for the CAGE;  placing the sidearm holster horizontally across the front of the Plate carrier now that they have added handgun visualization  

It's a NATO vest. NATO uses the MX. The vest has 556 mags. They should be MX mags. If you're talking about using the vest for addon units or something, that's a distant concern compared to having the vanilla units looking right.

Also, would be nice to see BIS put together a few new pouch configurations for the CAGE;  placing the sidearm holster horizontally across the front of the Plate carrier now that they have added handgun visualization

Let's not start wishing for things that will never happen. They'd need to somehow make different animation sets depending on what vest you're wearing.

• Like 1

We have made some progress with the memory crashes. Fixes are present on  dev branch. Could somebody that had issues with the crashes please confirm if it is better / same / worse?

Thank you!  :)

Not experienced any crashes so far on the performance build bis_adam & Dwarden ... looks good so far.

No Dev Branch Change-log yet? Come on guys, it's my Birthday today! =P

Happy birthday! 

In current Dev build, the Camp Maxwell missions in the Survive campaignette start with exploding vehicles, coloured marker arrows everywhere, script errors etc.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue you have described. Can you please check on newest devbuild if it is still present?

I'm unable to reproduce the issue you have described. Can you please check on newest devbuild if it is still present?

I'm also unable to reproduce today. Maybe it was caused by the now resolved task issue?

Some RPT file content:

=====================================================================
== C:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
== "C:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -window -exThreads=7 -cpuCount=4 -skipintro -showScriptErrors -nosplash "-mod="

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_DX11
Exe timestamp: 2015/08/07 00:00:07
Current time:  2015/08/09 09:37:08

Type: Public
Branch: Development
Version: 1.49.131774

Allocator: C:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Arma 3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

9:39:35 Starting mission:
 9:39:35  Mission file: A_hub01
 9:39:35  Mission world: Stratis
 9:39:35  Mission directory: A3\Missions_F_EPA\Campaign\missions\A_hub01.Stratis\
 9:39:35 No more slot to add connection at 033057 (3386.8,5735.4)
 9:39:37 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_camp_onmissioninit
 9:39:37 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
 9:39:42 Strange convex component145 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView
 9:39:42 Strange convex component149 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView
 9:39:42 soldier[B_CTRG_soldier_GL_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
 9:39:42 soldier[B_CTRG_soldier_GL_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
 9:39:43 Error in expression <criptName "initMission.sqf";

waitUntil{BIS_fnc_camp_onMissionInit_completed};

>
 9:39:43   Error position: <BIS_fnc_camp_onMissionInit_completed};

>
 9:39:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_camp_onmissioninit_completed
 9:39:43 File a3\Missions_F_EPA\Campaign_shared\Hubs\initMission.sqf, line 3
 9:39:44 Error in expression <criptName "initMission.sqf";

The error repeats many times

I'm also unable to reproduce today. Maybe it was caused by the now resolved task issue?

Some RPT file content:

== C:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
== "C:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -window -exThreads=7 -cpuCount=4 -skipintro -showScriptErrors -nosplash "-mod="

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_DX11
Exe timestamp: 2015/08/07 00:00:07
Current time:  2015/08/09 09:37:08

Type: Public
Branch: Development
Version: 1.49.131774

Allocator: C:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\Arma 3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

9:39:35 Starting mission:
 9:39:35  Mission file: A_hub01
 9:39:35  Mission world: Stratis
 9:39:35  Mission directory: A3\Missions_F_EPA\Campaign\missions\A_hub01.Stratis\
 9:39:35 No more slot to add connection at 033057 (3386.8,5735.4)
 9:39:37 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_camp_onmissioninit
 9:39:37 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
 9:39:42 Strange convex component145 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView
 9:39:42 Strange convex component149 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView
 9:39:43 Error in expression <criptName "initMission.sqf";

>
 9:39:43   Error position: <BIS_fnc_camp_onMissionInit_completed};

>
 9:39:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_camp_onmissioninit_completed
 9:39:43 File a3\Missions_F_EPA\Campaign_shared\Hubs\initMission.sqf, line 3
 9:39:44 Error in expression <criptName "initMission.sqf";

The error repeats many times

were you running Dedicated Server at the time the issue happened?

were you running Dedicated Server at the time the issue happened?

No.

On another topic, raising and lowering your weapon while moving is mostly broken in Dev build (works fine in 1.48 Stable).

Hello, unarmed sprints (and also sprints with binoculars in hand) are tweaked as well, you can check them out in current Dev-Branch. Regarding hands too wide - we will definitely look if there is a room for improvement. Thanks for your feedback and have a very nice day!

I must say unarmed sprint is looking much better then before.One question that I need to answer to myself is do hands move so fast forward and backwards in reality?

So in regards to animations I would hope that work on new animations (the ones that were briefly on dev branch) can resume (dem busy animators) cause I really

liked the way they were going.

Improvements should be made on unarmed crounch walking (hands are not preying like mantis insects in reality ; ).Apart from that It looks good.

Is there a ticket anywhere for pressing LCTRL (or movement modifier) causing you to zoom out?