ignore this.. talking about it in other thread

I noticed there's a new class called WaterSSReflectionsQuality under CfgVideoOptions.

Is there a way to activate or is that just for teasing? :)

I'm not sure that 'laying engine groundwork' counts as teasing...

I noticed there's a new class called WaterSSReflectionsQuality under CfgVideoOptions.

Is there a way to activate or is that just for teasing? :)

I wish we could get a look at that on our current Republic of Altis/Stratis. Would be interesting. Patience.

Tweaked: Improved collision sounds of rubber boats

Will you also tweak the volume of the engine sound?

All snakes are stuck :(

I fixed it just now. Fix should be present in tomorrow's DEV branch.

Brukhar what did you do? Have some snakes in my neighbourhood. Want them to move too. Cheers for fix.

What about rabbits? They also don't seem to move anymore. Pretty sure they used to flee when you approached them.

Will you also tweak the volume of the engine sound?

Good God, please do this. Every time I play a mission and it starts off with a boat insertion, I go "UGH" and immediately mute the sound. Some missions think it's fun to start you out god damn 2km from the shore so you either listen to this god awful RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR for five minutes, or just turn the sound off until you get there.

Good God, please do this. Every time I play a mission and it starts off with a boat insertion, I go "UGH" and immediately mute the sound. Some missions think it's fun to start you out god damn 2km from the shore so you either listen to this god awful RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR for five minutes, or just turn the sound off until you get there.

Well, having been around boats, using full power is pretty darn loud. However, not sure about a Zodiak/RHIB, never had the chance to see one.

On another note...

Fixed: Player with a not fully opened parachute will now take damage when hittng the ground

AKA, dead... right? Just have t obe sure, no one wearing a load of military gear hitting the ground would survive, much less take damage.

It's a game. Things don't have to be 100% realistic, especially when it's to the benefit of gameplay. Like not being annoyed by an obnoxiously loud sound just because it's loud in real life. Think of all the things in the game that are unrealistic for gameplay reasons. I think we can make an allowance for a boat engine.

Added: Sounds of turret movement for CH-67 Huron and UH-80 Ghosthawk

I can't head anything, should I?

It's a game. Things don't have to be 100% realistic, especially when it's to the benefit of gameplay. Like not being annoyed by an obnoxiously loud sound just because it's loud in real life. Think of all the things in the game that are unrealistic for gameplay reasons. I think we can make an allowance for a boat engine.

I hear you about the loudness during insertions. But consider - which I came across the other day - the case where you are inserted by boat and suddenly being shot upon. You will not be able to hear the shots, you first notice it when bullets land in the water around you or one of your teammates get hit. Or the bullet flies by so close that you get the sonic noise. So the delay of you noticing is due to the sound from the boat engine. Your awareness is lower because of it and that is a gameplay element which I think is appropriate for that reason

I hear you about the loudness during insertions. But consider - which I came across the other day - the case where you are inserted by boat and suddenly being shot upon. You will not be able to hear the shots, you first notice it when bullets land in the water around you or one of your teammates get hit. Or the bullet flies by so close that you get the sonic noise. So the delay of you noticing is due to the sound from the boat engine. Your awareness is lower because of it and that is a gameplay element which I think is appropriate for that reason

Is that a boat engine problem not hearing the incoming fire or a sound problem in general ? I thought All weapon sounds are being worked on. Hence why you only hear the splash from a kajman cannon not the actual cannon.

Or why the battlefield as is, sounds mostly of snaps and cracks.

I agree. The RHIB/Zodiak sound in game is probably the most annoying sound in the entire game.

Shemaghs to work correctly for Asian faces

As an Asian from Asialand I thank you on behalf of my peoples!  :D

Animals modules in Zeus still appear to be wonky, one or two goats/sheep/chickens for example will start to wander about but there will still be three or so frozen.

@devs:

You've stated we will get improved lighting with the new terrain. Will this possible fix the issue with campfires causing shadows to flicker? I'm currently building a mission with a night setting, and I had to remove all the campfires because of flickering.

I could make a video if required.

Am I the only one who can't start the faction showcase missions? Every showcase mission works, except for the three faction expos. Already validated my game files and such, but it doesn't help.

Am I the only one who can't start the faction showcase missions? Every showcase mission works, except for the three faction expos. Already validated my game files and such, but it doesn't help.

Check out the dev log, I think they've mentioned something like this.

Ah yeah, they updated the post. Oh well. :>

Am I the only one who can't start the faction showcase missions? Every showcase mission works, except for the three faction expos.

Yes, it's a known issue and not just your version. It'll be corrected shortly.

@devs:

You've stated we will get improved lighting with the new terrain. Will this possible fix the issue with campfires causing shadows to flicker? I'm currently building a mission with a night setting, and I had to remove all the campfires because of flickering.

I could make a video if required.

The lighting configuration can influence a lot of things, but I'm not sure this is one of them. Please create a FT issue with your video, if one doesn't exist already.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a known issue and not just your version. It'll be corrected shortly.

The lighting configuration can influence a lot of things, but I'm not sure this is one of them. Please create a FT issue with your video, if one doesn't exist already.

Wilco

• Like 1