knowsAbout has it's uses when you want to for example trigger events based on generic enemy knowsAbout level about player/player's group (talking about SP here) and such, which I use a lot (they can know about you even if they didn't see you because the knowledge is shared throughout he whole side). Of course trying to do AI behaviour related stuff for individual unit or a group with it is pretty sucky so the new command fills a dire need there.

Even though the new command is really good stuff these kinds of things should be made eventHandlers as well because having to loop this in some script/fsm is not always really ideal. :shrug:

Fixed: Ignoring forward declaration classes when setting source mods

Could somebody please unpack that for me? I assume this is config-parsing stuff..?

When do we get the main branch update? I thought it was yesterday but I didn't receive anything.

When do we get the main branch update? I thought it was yesterday but I didn't receive anything.

"Logistical issues" yesterday. The next target is today. Fingers crossed.

"Logistical issues" yesterday. The next target is today. Fingers crossed.

I thought this was the RC branch testing week? Or was it last week? D:

I thought this was the RC branch testing week? Or was it last week? D:

The RC came out about 2 weeks ago, yesterday was supposed to be the stable update.

Anyone else getting a warning message "Cannot load texture a3\modules_f\data\portraithq_ca.paa." when using the Headquarters Entity module?

I think it started happening at my end after yesterday's update :shrug:

Anyone else getting a warning message "Cannot load texture a3\modules_f\data\portraithq_ca.paa." when using the Headquarters Entity module?

I think it started happening at my end after yesterday's update :shrug:

Yes, but should be fixed for today's dev branch. ;)

Feature or bug? When i go next to the enemy tank(or strider size vehicle and above) with my tank(eg.: T-100, M1A1) and i kill the tank with sabot(the tank explode) i will die inside the vehicle. Is this a feature or a bug? Shouldn't I survive it?

nobody can comment it?

A general observation I just made:

I was encoding the Force Recon units for CUP. When I got to Razor Team, I wanted them to have at least matching skin color heads so I defined identities. However, when placed in the editor, they still have my head when I started as them. I couldn't figure out why, so I looked at the configs for Miller and that was basically the same. So I though, why does it work for Miller?

Well, the truth is, it doesn't work with Miller either, or any other of the Story characters.

In Arma 2, when you placed e.g. Cooper and set him to player, he would look like Cooper. In Arma 3, when you place Miller and set him to player, he will not look like Miller. He will have the player's head setting.Tried it on the Dev and Stable branch.

Is this intended behavior? Is this "don't care" territory? Or should I make a bug report?

Or should I make a bug report?

Yes please :)

I just got killed by an Icebox. How? Because placing objects on the docks in editor, or in zeus, puts them on the ground below them, or inside of them, cause it to either explode, shoot out in a random dangerous direction, or die.

I just got killed by an Icebox. How? Because placing objects on the docks in editor, or in zeus, puts them on the ground below them, or inside of them, cause it to either explode, shoot out in a random dangerous direction, or die.

Yes, they do and this isn't limited to dev build. Docks are lethal in stable build too.

It's a quirk of the engine and I wouldn't be hopeful that BI can do anything about it at this stage :(

Only thing that works for me is spawning them floating just above the docks/piers.

Only thing that works for me is spawning them floating just above the docks/piers.

It's super annoying though. If only we had a 3D editor.

Try xCam. It's awesome.

Is anyone else here experiencing a severe FPS loss when switching from 3rd person to 1st person when in a vehicle? I'm losing 10-12 FPS.

1st person

3rd person

*See upper left corner of the screen.

Is anyone else here experiencing a severe FPS loss when switching from 3rd person to 1st person when in a vehicle? I'm losing 10-12 FPS.

1st person

3rd person

*See upper left corner of the screen.

Yes, anyone who has PiP active.

Yes, anyone who has PiP active.

I'm actually wondering if the PiP was enabled in 3rd person before and it has changed now? PiP does drop performance usually by 10fps.

Can someone help, I keep getting this...

Happens so often.

Did the possible cause description from the link not help?

Can someone help, I keep getting this...

Happens so often.

Noted this when trying to join rc branch. Pm'd dwarden. It has been happening the last two patches probably even 3. have not heard anything from devs about it.